MM Lore/Background Questions 12/31/2018 04:08 PM CST
After reading some new things and poking around some old places I haven't visited in a couple years (and given the quiet boards), I figured I'd throw a couple questions out there and maybe fish in some lore/event info I'm missing.

1. Who and what are the custodians in Throne City? I definitely don't remember seeing them before. Did they replace y'shai?

2. Naming obviously has enormous significance in the MM world, but I haven't ever read or heard much to explain exactly why that is. A name imbues meaning, and thus defines a thing, but I'm just curious how this came about in the MM world, who specializes in it, etc. It seems like a neat hook for future MM stuff.

3. Has anything happened regarding reinstitution of the MM council ever since Tozu wrote a letter calling for it and there was a leader meeting in TC telling students "everything was fine, nothing to see here"?

4. Can we get any insight (or maybe it's already been passed out) as to how the MM guild generally would perceive the trader deal with the Arbiter? Seems like a very dangerous precedent if I'm Taramaine.

Moon Mages are totally Jedi. -Raesh
Re: MM Lore/Background Questions 01/01/2019 10:35 PM CST
>> Who and what are the custodians in Throne City? I definitely don't remember seeing them before. Did they replace y'shai?

As the times grow increasingly uncertain, we find our great Guild under assault from those who hate and fear us. While we are strong, our resources are still finite and I have found it necessary to expand the jurisdiction of the Y'Shai garrisoned in Throne City. They remain ever vigilant against threats to the Guild wherever they may be found. But those threats have not, and will not, contain themselves to one city.

However, we will not let Throne City fall to lawlessness nor shall I let it be plagued by common cutpurses and thugs. As such, I tasked a team of our finest artificers, led by Tozu Ayochi, to craft a solution -- The Custodians of the Dusk. These constructs will be deployed throughout the city and I ask that you respect their will as law, for they are an extension of my own will.

By my hand,

Guildmaster Prime Taramaine Ennis-Braun

I will be releasing Throne City justice later tonight, with many thanks due to Ricinus for QCing this behemoth.

Since this is a rather complex rollout it will not be placed into TF immediately. Please let me know right away if you encounter any problems or oddities or notice anything else weird with Throne City following this release.

-Raesh (repost: link to original post below)

https://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Places, Cities and Provinces of DragonRealm's Elanthia/Game Master and Official Announcements/view/185
Re: MM Lore/Background Questions 01/01/2019 11:08 PM CST
Pretty much, there the post for the Custodian release.
https://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Places,%20Cities%20and%20Provinces%20of%20DragonRealm's%20Elanthia/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/185

No clue or no rumors that I know of on the rest.
Re: MM Lore/Background Questions 01/02/2019 01:12 AM CST
Just chiming in because it's sort of my job to pay attention to events, responses, etc. Unfortunately not much to report.

>>2. Naming obviously has enormous significance in the MM world, but I haven't ever read or heard much to explain exactly why that is. A name imbues meaning, and thus defines a thing, but I'm just curious how this came about in the MM world, who specializes in it, etc.

Check this out: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Grazhir_shard_Vellano_and_moon_mage_philosophy_-_03/24/2013_-_23:16

Otherwise, I'm not sure if there is much, though you might be able to find something with some deep digging.

>>3. Has anything happened regarding reinstitution of the MM council ever since Tozu wrote a letter calling for it and there was a leader meeting in TC telling students "everything was fine, nothing to see here"?

How long ago did this happen? Seems like a very long time, before I even started writing up events maybe? I don't have any notes on it, nor do I recall seeing any follow up. It doesn't mean it didn't happen, as occasionally I do forget/neglect to write something down, or I just miss things.

>>4. Can we get any insight (or maybe it's already been passed out) as to how the MM guild generally would perceive the trader deal with the Arbiter? Seems like a very dangerous precedent if I'm Taramaine.

Check out this article: https://elanthipedia.play.net/First_Land_Herald_Archives#425-06-34_-_Trader_Guild_Negotiates_with_the_Arbiter

It can be useful to head to the Herald archives page and just do ctrl-F. I found that one and some other good tidbits by searching for Tozu.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: MM Lore/Background Questions 01/23/2019 12:25 PM CST
Continuing the thread with more questions.

The Lunar Accord in Throne City is signed by Madielle Firejuggler, Fortune's Path, but I can't find any record or discussion of her anywhere. Anyone else?

Moon Mages are totally Jedi. -Raesh