Read the Ripples (Moon Mage Spell) on Premium Preview 02/06/2016 10:20 AM CST
I've just released a new Moon Mage spell "Read the Ripples" [RTR] on Premium preview.

This is a Stellar ritual spell that requires 50th circle, Seer's Sense and 2 spell slots.

"Read the Ripples is a lunar ritual built on a pattern unlike any other known to modern Moon Mages. Regardless of the oddity of its origins, the ritual has been proven to be safe, yet finicky. Those practiced with the ritual claim that it opens one's mind to the whims of Fate."

In short - as long as you maintain the ritual you it will select objects for you to observe and let you bypass the telescope and observe timer checks as long as you follow along with what it wants you to observe. It also doesn't mix well with Teleologic Sorcery.

There is an exhaustion period of about an hour after each cast that should message you when it ends.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems and how you feel about the spell in general. It's a bit of an oddball but people seemed excited about it while I was working on it so hopefully it lives up to expectations.

Remember, as a Stellar spell to learn it permanently in the future you will need to complete a quest so I strongly recommend taking advantage of this preview period while it is available.

Also many, many, thanks to Grejuva for a rapid and thorough QC (He also braved QCing the quest too but you'll meet that later).

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things

This message was originally posted in Estate Holders of Elanthia, Game Master and Official Announcements. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/13/130/1097/view/478
Re: Read the Ripples (Moon Mage Spell) on General Preview 02/14/2016 10:54 AM CST
Read the Ripples is now on general preview. As a reminder since this is a quest spell it will not be available on scroll so if you are considering learning it please try it during the preview. After the preview ends the only way to access it will be to undergo the quest.

I've also made the following adjustments to the spell:

1) Exhaustion duration is now linked to the duration of the spell (Though not 1:1 - longer casts are still favored.)

2) The spell will now message if you're being hindered by corruption.

3) You will no longer be given a new target if the spell is just about to expire.

4) The spell will cycle slightly slower during the day.

5) When observing the proper target under the influence of Read the Ripples you will gain some additional knowledge into a random pool.

Again, I offer thanks to Grejuva for quickly QCing these changes.

Please let me know how these adjustments feel.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things