Getting up to snuff *stats question after long absence* 10/03/2020 08:21 PM CDT

Seeing as the last Question about stats was from a few years ago and I have no idea if anything has changed, I'm going to ask again, just to make sure I'm getting up to date info. I just started playing again a few weeks ago, after not having playing for a prolonged period for 3+ years or so. My moonie is circle 104. I'm currently working on locksmithing, FA, astrology, and enchanting for circling, but I'm doing fine with that at the moment. My question is more about what to do with my TDPs. I never really knew what to do with my stats to begin with, so I want to at least try to get an idea of what to raise. Note- to me, combat is a means to an end so I can get my boxes for locksmithing, and to work TM when I need to. I'm currently doing okay in orc bandits using IOTS to boost reflex/agility.

My current stats are:
Strength : 27 Reflex : 32
Agility : 30 Charisma : 40
Discipline : 54 Wisdom : 58
Intelligence : 60 Stamina : 30

I have 3818 TDPs to spend. I think I should boost strength, agi, reflex, and stamina, but I'm not sure which ones to prioritize to give me the most bang for my buck. I know mentals are generally more important, but I don't want to ignore the others and have problems later on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Getting up to snuff *stats question after long absence* 10/04/2020 04:29 AM CDT

Welcome back!

I don't play a prime moon mage, but I can tell you that reflex and agility help with lockpicking as well as combat. You certainly don't want to neglect strength and stamina. With your mentals, it won't take you long at all to catch everything else up.

Best of luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Getting up to snuff *stats question after long absence* 10/04/2020 08:08 AM CDT
If you don't have a specific problem you are trying to address with stats (example: encumbered? train strength, getting hit? train reflex), dump TDPs into Wis/Int (and Disc). There are break-points at 60 where the formula for pool size changes*, so if you have nothing else pressing, get your mentals to 60 first.

*https://elanthipedia.play.net/Experience

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Getting up to snuff *stats question after long absence* 10/04/2020 08:18 AM CDT
>If you don't have a specific problem you are trying to address with stats (example: encumbered? train strength, getting hit? train reflex), dump TDPs into Wis/Int (and Disc). There are break-points at 60 where the formula for pool size changes*, so if you have nothing else pressing, get your mentals to 60 first.

Hanryu gives excellent advice here, only change I would make would be to also consider your next critter moves.

If you anticipate moving up the critter ladder soon without TDPs coming in to make adjustments, it might be valuable to hold onto the TDPs instead of putting them into mentals. This way when you do step up you can make adjustments, either to reflex/agility/disc (dodge, hit with weapons, hit with TM) and keeping in mind special attacks sometimes use SvS so you might need to dump stats into those specified here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Category:Contested_abilities#Contest_Stat_.22Weighting.22_2

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh