Stats Question 07/12/2018 06:00 PM CDT
Hey guys,

I just got back to DR after a very long break, for the most part caught up on the big changes through Elanthipedia though there is still a lot of stuff I am not sure on. But my biggest question now is about which stats to train. I have a good amount of TDPs that I can use but I am not sure what to spend them on. My DISC/INT/WISDOM is about 5 ahead of everything else. I know there was a lot of talk before about certain mentals have very much a diminishing returns when you go over a specific number but I don't remember any of that. I could really use some advice on what to train so I don't waste the TDPs.

Also, any other advice you think might be valuable is very welcome, especially when it comes to best ways to train things like magic, scholarship, etc. I basically still am using shadowling recasting and reading scrolls, but scrolls seem to teach very little for me now.

Thanks
- Diresu
Re: Stats Question 07/12/2018 06:19 PM CDT
Int and Wisdom have diminished quality for training purposes after 60 in each. But that doesn't make them useless past that point. You'll want to take a look at SvS contests on Elanthipedia, reference what contests your Guild utilizes with its Debilitation spells, and then make a determination on what Stats you want to train based on your offensive and defensive stats(Defensive stats are the same for everyone, BTW). Most stats are pretty useful for one thing or another, even Charisma has its place though it is likely the least of the Stats to most Guilds.

A lot of people learn scholarship from compendiums or instruction manuals(from crafting), when they're not teaching.

if you weren't around for the release of 3.0, each spell type(Utility, Augment, Debil, TM, Warding) need to be trained separately now by casting a spell of that type. Some spells are more useful for this than others. Attunement is easily trained by harnessing while casting those spells, and Arcana is easily trained by using cambrinth while casting those spells.
Re: Stats Question 07/12/2018 07:54 PM CDT
Hi and welcome back!

Stats advice will depend a lot on what your focus is with the character. Basically, are you looking at PVE with combat, PVE without combat, or PVP?

If you care about combat, focus on Reflex and Agility mainly, then Disc for Stealth, then Str for Shield and weapon RTs, and finally Stamina. Stamina matters a little for your general toughness but is just generally not as important or effective as the others. Charisma is nearly useless for MMs, except that it factors into bonding tools, as well as Calm.

Mentals matter for skill learning up to 30, then diminish drastically, especially after 60. Thus high mentals really only matter for PVP builds, and maybe a very occasional critter special attack. For a PVP build, I'd recommend keeping Disc in line with your Ref and Agi, and Int and Wis should at least receive moderate priority.

If you don't care about PVP or combat, there's very little you can do wrong. Train stats however you want. Maybe look up which stats affect crafting.

I have been playing a Moon Mage heavily for about ten years now, and I am always happy to answer questions or give more advice. Reach out to me if you like on Discord at Navesi#4950.

- Navesi
Re: Stats Question 07/13/2018 05:56 AM CDT
Ah I see. Good to know! Thank you. Where can compendiums be found? I tried checking Elanthipedia but nothing about where to find/buy,etc.
Re: Stats Question 07/13/2018 02:47 PM CDT
Compendiums can be found in the empath shop, though the good ones are usually at festivals. Crafting instructions can be found in the various crafting halls.
Re: Stats Question 07/13/2018 07:21 PM CDT
Great, I will take a look. Thanks!
Re: Stats Question 07/15/2018 10:24 PM CDT
For Premium folks, there's a shop with bigger compendiums and more charts on Fang Cove.

:)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Stats Question 07/16/2018 05:45 AM CDT
Ooooh...thank you, I will have to take a look! Appreciate the tip :)
Re: Stats Question 07/16/2018 12:33 PM CDT
This shop is awesome!