mind shout 05/08/2014 07:06 PM CDT
Are both archons and bone wyverns suppose to be immune to mind shout. I cant get them with mind shout, but I can get them with mb just fine.
Re: mind shout 05/08/2014 07:10 PM CDT
I would need more information to tell what's going on. Are they resisting one spell but not the other? Both use the same core stun mechanic and there shouldn't be a way to be inherently immune to one vs the other.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: mind shout 05/08/2014 10:22 PM CDT
Stats all 100, discipline 110

> prep mb 100
You raise your head skyward, chanting the equation of the Mental Blast spell.
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
> cast archon
You gesture at an ice archon.
A jolt of psychic energy discharges from your pattern and grounds into an ice archon's mind.
An ice archon drops its icy sword to clutch its head.
You gesture.
An oozing pool of darkness collects at your feet as you focus a moonbeam from Katamba into the area.
> prep ms 100
You raise your head skyward, chanting the equation of the Mind Shout spell.
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
> cast katamba
You gesture.
You release a wave of psychic energy with your Katamba moonbeam as the focal point.
A disturbing psychic howl echoes through the area.
You sense your scream pass through an ice archon's mind unnoticed.
Re: mind shout 05/08/2014 11:08 PM CDT
Looks like they're stun immune. Is it actually stunning them with mental blast or just triggering the secondary effects? A quick look right after casting the mental blast should tell you.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Shadowlings and shadows 05/08/2014 11:29 PM CDT
Would it be possible to have the shadowling (and in a shadow messaging) be sent to the atmo window? It's cute and amusing and neat the first read but then it kind've just becomes scroll (especially if you have more than one MM in the room).
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/08/2014 11:30 PM CDT
And/or minimized by the mage him/herself?
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 12:55 AM CDT
Shadowlings themselves? Not likely. Invokes shadowlings? Possibly. It was actually intentional to keep them slightly irritating (They mimic normal shadowlings to a very large degree) as flavor to the spell. I'm also considering slowing them down somewhat.

-Raesh

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 01:19 AM CDT
>>DR-Raesh: It was actually intentional to keep them slightly irritating (They mimic normal shadowlings to a very large degree) as flavor to the spell.

Shadowlings becomes very irritating when multiple Moon Mages are using them.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: mind shout 05/09/2014 09:01 AM CDT
> prep mb 100
> cast archon
You gesture at an ice archon.
A jolt of psychic energy discharges from your pattern and grounds into an ice archon's mind.
An ice archon drops its icy sword to clutch its head.

Roundtime: 2 sec.

R> look
[Wyvern Mountain, Snowy Ascent]
Thick layers of jagged slate stick out horizontally from the cliff, their flat surfaces creating a natural stairway on the mountainside. A large cluster of broken icicles lies in a pile next to one of the steps, somewhat resembling an elaborate natural crystal formation. Clear rime forms on the wind-blasted side of rocks, where snow and ice cascade from high stone terraces to land in soft heaps.
You also see an ice archon that appears stunned and some junk.
You release a wave of psychic energy with your Katamba moonbeam as the focal point.
A disturbing psychic howl echoes through the area.
> look
[Wyvern Mountain, Snowy Ascent]
Thick layers of jagged slate stick out horizontally from the cliff, their flat surfaces creating a natural stairway on the mountainside. A large cluster of broken icicles lies in a pile next to one of the steps, somewhat resembling an elaborate natural crystal formation. Clear rime forms on the wind-blasted side of rocks, where snow and ice cascade from high stone terraces to land in soft heaps.
You also see a pool of black shadows, an ice archon, an ice archon and some junk.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, northwest.

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 02:23 PM CDT
One moon mage with an invoked shadowling, is fairly annoying. But when there five plus...I don't we even have a word for how annoying it is.
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 03:26 PM CDT
>One moon mage with an invoked shadowling, is fairly annoying. But when there five plus...I don't we even have a word for how annoying it is.

I think it's awesome and hilarious, don't down tweak it! Hahah

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: mind shout 05/09/2014 04:47 PM CDT
Hrh.

What that means is that Mental Blast is bypassing stun immunity. I wonder if other spells that stun are doing that?

-Raesh

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 04:48 PM CDT
Ahah. While this is true (Since you'd never have 5 shadowlings in a room before) this says to me those five Moon Mages should grow some sense and just use ONE shadowling to accomplish the same effect.

-Raesh

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 05:13 PM CDT
I'm reasonably certain that sense is inversely proportionate to the number of Moon Mages in any given location...

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: mind shout 05/09/2014 05:45 PM CDT
> What that means is that Mental Blast is bypassing stun immunity. I wonder if other spells that stun are doing that?

DMRS doesn't.
Re: mind shout 05/09/2014 06:03 PM CDT
To clarify, it would need to be a single target stun not an AoE one. Otherwise it should catch the immunity the same way Mind Shout does.

-Raesh

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 06:42 PM CDT
The situation, was spars. They just showed up trying to watch the spars. Sure made it noisy.
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 09:07 PM CDT
I really, really wish there a command to silence your shadow-hiding-shadowling. Maybe a meta-effect of another spell. Anything.
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/09/2014 10:23 PM CDT
Barbarians with the Templar Mastery should be able to wad them into a ball and kick them over the horizon.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/10/2014 02:34 AM CDT
scrolly and annoying is more likely to add squelch strings than flavor.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/10/2014 04:05 AM CDT
Looking at the code I'd actually already reduced the frequency to a fraction of how spammy a normal shadowling is. I cut it back even further.

-Raesh

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/10/2014 04:57 AM CDT
I think something broke with Shadowlings?

Right now my attunement regeneration after invoking my shadowling is at about 5% every second. Don't get me wrong, this is nice... but I highly doubt it's intended.

FWIW...

Prepped shadowling at minimum.
Used 15 mana in cambrinth.
Used 5 mana held.
Cast using 'cast;invoke shadowling' on the command line in Genie, so the invoke was milliseconds after the cast.
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/10/2014 05:17 AM CDT
Hrmph.

Should be fixed now - weird that no one had managed to create that before (or fessed up to it at least...) since my change only indirectly influenced it. It's possible this will have some ripple effects down the line to how the spell behaves but the effects from the personal spell should very closely mimic the effects from a shadowling in the room (And they do not stack with each other).

-Raesh

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/10/2014 05:18 AM CDT
Out of curiosity... what did I manage to do that triggered it? I literally just cast is like I always do in order to help with TKS spam...
Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/10/2014 05:32 AM CDT
I'm not 100% sure how it got corrupted but it was a combination of a quirk of shadowlings (Their personality takes a few seconds to form) and some crappy error checking on my part that was getting bypassed that was designed to fix problems like that.

-Raesh

Re: Shadowlings and shadows 05/10/2014 08:53 PM CDT
>> Ahah. While this is true (Since you'd never have 5 shadowlings in a room before) this says to me those five Moon Mages should grow some sense and just use ONE shadowling to accomplish the same effect.

The problem with the statement that "moon mages should just share a shadowling" breaks down in the daylight. At that point they all need their own personal one, so you get the extra spamming. Thanks for reducing the frequency though.