Heritage House Sect Guide 01/24/2007 02:23 PM CST
Managed to find the Heritage House guide. Malzard's awesome and had it saved on his desktop and dug it up for me. I heart my Malzie. Anyway, enjoy it guys, it's pretty good if I can toot my own horn. Heh.

The Heritage House by Pathian Quindinar

Thanks to the valiant efforts of the Celestial Compact and our first Guildmaster Prime, Jares Braun, in the year 586 BL, the Imperial Guild of Moon Mages received sanctioning from the Board of Wizardry; it was to become an official guild. Such sanctioning was thanks to the powerful document which still governs our guild today: The Lunar Accord. The Accord brought together six very different sects, all united by the power of the moons, their one commonality. Thus the guild was born from the Celestial Compact, The Progeny of Tezirah, The Nomads of the Arid Steppe, The Followers of Fortune's Path, The Monks of the Crystal Hand, and the Prophets of G'nar Peth. [A Brief History of the Guild of Moon Magic, by Kssarh]

For more than 900 years, the guild grew and prospered -- until one fateful day, when a Mirror Wraith appeared and delivered a prophecy which would later change all we had worked to accomplish. Upon the conclusion of the Mirror Wraith Prophecy, the Moon Mage Guild was left in a state of chaos. Our council had been virtually destroyed, the provinces were revoking our sanctioning, and students were turning away from the guild and towards the teachings of the six original sects.

To help retain what was left of our grand tradition, a seventh sect was formed: The Heritage House. Originally thought of as consisting of merely the guild's librarians, it has surfaced as a powerful entity which strives to rebuild what was originally wrought under the Lunar Accord.

Our dream is the unity of our guild and the reformation of the council. While many of the sects believe we wish the destruction of their traditions, that is far from the truth; we simply seek a base to all of their individualities. The loss of their ways is against our beliefs and defeats our purpose, for it is they who make the guild -- and their destruction would only lead to our own.

The goal of the Heritage Keeper is to maintain the unity of the Moon Mage Guild and all its members. A Heritage Keeper is open-minded to the views of all Moon Mages (no matter the sect) and actively stimulates thought and discussion in the minds of new and old mages alike. A Keeper must also educate the new generation of Moon Mages on the guild's practices and history. We must strive to keep our traditions alive and build a stronger community within the guild.

We are the scribes, librarians, and scholars. We are responsible for the majority of literary works among our guild. Most notable is the biographical series "Profiles in Magic," which focuses on important historical figures within the guild. We are also the archaeologists and anthropologists, examining the ruins of old when not tending to our scribal duties. We contribute to the scholarship of the guild through research and exploration and, in doing so, insure continuing growth and development in both scientific and magical knowledge. Nothing is off limits to those of our sect. Our interests are broad and our backgrounds are varied. It makes us strong and in turn creates a stronger guild.

May our goals be met, and may no knowledge be lost to the erosion of time.

-Coralin
Re: Heritage House Sect Guide 01/26/2007 01:01 AM CST
I'll see if I can dig up my winning entry, but it's likely gone.

You never know though!