So, this new player's guide contest... 11/11/2003 11:25 PM CST
Being a new Moon Mage player, I couldn't help but be excited to see, when I first searched through the forums for information on being a Moon Mage, that people were actually competing to write guides!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any guides, though I note that winners have already been chosen and prizes handed out.

So, are these prize-winning guides hidden somewhere?

-New player
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/12/2003 09:15 AM CST
They are going to become a part of the DR site and will be somewhere under the INFO area most likely. If you notice they are working on a new beta website, you'll probably see these guides when that is done. Of course I am just speculating, you may see them sooner than that.

Eldrad

"This spell channels the light-fire of the moons into a comfortable shoe, excellent for dinner parties, travelling, or combat."
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/12/2003 08:00 PM CST
<<So, are these prize-winning guides hidden somewhere?

They're hidden on my hard drive currently. <g> Eldrad had it right, they're going to be a part of the new website.

GM Westryl, Moon Mage Liaison
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/12/2003 08:18 PM CST
>>They're hidden on my hard drive currently. <g> Eldrad had it right, they're going to be a part of the new website.<<

So until then, what do you recommend? I seem to be stuck in Riverhaven, and haven't been able to find any older Moon Mages to help me out yet

-Tanwin's player
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/12/2003 09:35 PM CST
>So until then, what do you recommend? I seem to be stuck in Riverhaven, and haven't been able to find any older Moon Mages to help me out yet

Well you could try asking questions on the message boa.. oh wait, nevermind.

-Kitrinx & Riaka
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/12/2003 11:13 PM CST
The mentors are a great source of information (DIR MENTOR in Riverhaven, go gate, ring the door bell). You can ask them general questions, or see if they have a Moon Mage mentor available to help you out with the guild. You may also want to find yourself some maps, or a friendly fellow player, to get you to Crossing, since there are a lot more Moon Mages down there, and usually at least a few hanging outside the Observatory (DIR MOON MAGE while in Crossing).

If you're trying to find historical background, I'd suggest "A History of the Moon Mage Guild" and any of the Profiles in Magic books. If you haven't been down to Tiv's fortress south of Haven yet, you probably should. You can find a few books in his library worth reading.

GM Westryl, Moon Mage Liaison
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/13/2003 06:16 AM CST
Wow, I need to get out more. When did Riverhaven become a starting city for new characters?
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/13/2003 06:42 AM CST
>>Wow, I need to get out more. When did Riverhaven become a starting city for new characters?

Some time ago. That's a large part of why the frog area was put in.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 11/13/2003 09:04 AM CST
Frog area???

(searches for new maps)
Re: So, this new player's guide contest... 12/16/2003 11:21 AM CST
Westryl,

Or anyone else.. the new DR website is up and running, or so it seems, any further word on when the Guides will be added in? I'm really interested in seeing these as I started a new Moon Mage recently as part of talking an old WM friend of mine into giving it a try as well, and I'm hoping that we can read these guides before long so we can sorta get a better feel for the different sects so we can really say yes this one suits the way I see my Character or no none of these do, etc etc. We may choose not to join any sects, who knows heh, but since I haven't played in quite a while.. I'd really like to learn more about the various sects that I didn't know from the books and such before I really get set in my RP ways. Thanks alot for your help and time..