Guide Winners 10/29/2003 12:17 PM CST
Hey everyone,
I've got the winners for the various guides. Whenever we have contests that draw on player creativity, it's always hard to narrow down the winners, and these guides were no exception. The following people will be contacted some time in the next few days about getting their alteration done. The guides themselves will be put up on the website as a part of the general upgrade of the game's official help documentation. I've got no ETA on that, unfortunately, since GMs don't update the website, the onsite folks do. (I know, I know, we say that ever time the spell list goes out of date, but still, it's not us!)

The winners are:
Moon Mage Newbie Guide: Eldrad
Progeny of Tezirah: Rroht
Celestial Compact: Larcus
Heritage House: Pathian
Fortune's Path: Mozzik (despite calling Pathian an "Historical figure."
Prophets of G'Nar Peth: Vivviane

That leaves the Monks and the Nomads without a winner, because I got no entries for either sect. I'll be doing the guides for those two. In addition to this post, I'll be contacting the winners via email later today, but since I lost track of time and have to run to work, that'll have to wait. If you see these folks in game, tell them congratulations!

Great job, everyone!

GM Westryl, Moon Mage Liaison
Re: Guide Winners 10/29/2003 12:32 PM CST
Yay! I am so a historical figure. Hrmph. Thanks Wes, now when are they getting published and when do we get our alterations? Muahahaha.

-Path

Westryl says, "I'll only roleplay a female if I can get stuck in the void with Pathian."
Re: Guide Winners 10/29/2003 12:43 PM CST
Heh ignore my questions about alterations and publication. I should've read your post a little slower.

-Historical Figure Pathian

Westryl says, "I'll only roleplay a female if I can get stuck in the void with Pathian."
Re: Guide Winners 10/29/2003 03:04 PM CST
So a few of us have been trying to come up with alterations (BTW Westie... could you expand on what you're going to allow with sect symbols? I mean for FP for example are we talking "The symbol of Fortune's Path", or "A Tokka Card depicting the Crossroads set against a web" or what? Might help come up with designs and for future reference would be nice if you clearly laid out what each symbol consists of)... and here are the two best ones so far. Feel free to contribute ideas...

a shockingly pink greatcloak fastened by a purple feather boa and stitched with a giant yellow smiling face sporting a purple blindfold (A joint effort from me, Pathian and Tyrathia)

a searing neon green greatcloak depicting a batwinged skull and a goofy looking, cambrith laden elven mage, surrounded by a pink heart. (Pathian has dared me to get this one made...)

I was going to say I could get the bunny telescope done... but I guess that's a no go till telescopes get rewritten heh.

-Mozzik

Talian says, "Looks like I'm a... gypsy at the moment I think."
Talian whispers, "Because gypsies really are the best."
Re: Guide Winners 10/29/2003 03:09 PM CST
I'm really excited and have the 'kid in a candy store' syndrome right now.
I'm afraid that I may be thinking up ideas for an alteration that can't be allowed.
Westryl, could you tell us some rule or guide lines when you e-mail us?

Eldrad

"This spell channels the light-fire of the moons into a comfortable shoe, excellent for dinner parties, travelling, or combat."
Re: Guide Winners 10/29/2003 03:16 PM CST
http://www.drfuturepast.com/DRealms/lists/scrolls.htm

That's actually for LTB scrolls but most of it should still apply Eldrad.

-Mozzik

Talian says, "Looks like I'm a... gypsy at the moment I think."
Talian whispers, "Because gypsies really are the best."
Re: Guide Winners 10/29/2003 03:40 PM CST
Hmmm, a cane is a quaterstaff weapon, so can its look be change from 'cane' to <whatever I want> staff?

Eldrad

"This spell channels the light-fire of the moons into a comfortable shoe, excellent for dinner parties, travelling, or combat."
Re: Guide Winners 10/29/2003 04:25 PM CST
<<Hmmm, a cane is a quaterstaff weapon, so can its look be change from 'cane' to <whatever I want> staff?>>

18 stone, eh? I empathize completely. Congrats to all the winners! Well done!*

~Amaldur

*Except Pathian, of course**
**And Kelvena, but she didn't win anything, so that's okay.

~Amaldur

The Fyearikloa'i Rensh'a
http://www.bakshiloa.com
Re: Guide Winners 10/31/2003 08:15 AM CST
Anyone going to post these guides on their website? I'd love to read them now... :)
Re: Guide Winners 10/31/2003 09:31 PM CST
Once I've gotten them all edited and polished (mine included) I'll see about posting them here on the boards if Solomon doesn't object.

Re: Guide Winners 11/03/2003 12:40 PM CST
I would like to post all possible guides on my website, winner or not. If you wrote one and still want it out there, send it to OldClanCaitiff@aol.com and I'll put it up.

Meerc, using a friend's account durring involuntariy leave.
Re: Guide Winners 04/07/2004 05:13 PM CDT
hehe been away for awhile...is it to late to write a guide? know the winners already out...but i like seeing my name on things anyway...dont need a prize since i lost by not entering hehe...and since no other nomads entered i figured id ask

Nomad Southridge~
only lost when theres a deadline to be kept
Re: Guide Winners 04/07/2004 07:09 PM CDT
Actually, a guide to the Nomads has already been written, though I had to do it since no one else stepped up. Since we're trying to get them up on the site (not sure when, though) we had a deadline on our end for them.

Re: Guide Winners 04/07/2004 10:59 PM CDT
Any chance you could get them to re-open the contest, just for the few guides that weren't submitted?
Re: Guide Winners 04/08/2004 02:51 AM CDT
Yes Westryl. The path is clear. Use your newfound Moon Mage GM power!

I would make the best pseudo-anthropological Nomad guide. It would have action, adventure, prolixity, academic stereotypes, wild speculations, fire-water, horse archers, caribou rustling, counterprogressive worldviews, gross cultural misunderstanding, philosophical overtones, Bone Dancers, and horrible ape-men! (Disclaimer: Would actually have very little of that, based on word count limitations.)

Alternately, you could sweet talk the heirarchy into getting several late submissions placed in an IG book that could be placed in the Yurt. IMO, this would be ideal. It would convey the lesson that the Nomads are a jumble of divergent practices and perspectives uncomfortably bound together by the vision and charisma of a long-dead messianic leader.

Hmm. I think I may be giving too much consideration to the "Roleplaying Controversy" aspect of the sect guide. Still, I think it's worth a shot to try and reopen the contest or get a book. If my PC might become "famous".

My PC's Mom Thinks My PC Is Famous,
Plaith

Caymus says, "I wouldn't take anything written in a book two years ago very seriously."
Re: Guide Winners 04/16/2004 11:43 AM CDT
Westryl,

What's the chance I could get my hands on your guide, to display for the world on my webpage?

Meerc
__
Need a history lesson?
http://meerc.tripod.com
Drop in today to check out your favorite books!
Sect Guide Winners 01/24/2007 10:42 AM CST
Greetings All,

Awhile back we had a contest for writing a sect guide. It had been specified that the information would be presented on the website at a later date. I was wondering if someone could point me to the hypertext link.

Rroht Hhussk
Progeny of Tezirah
Re: Sect Guide Winners 01/24/2007 10:56 AM CST
The GMs that held the contest soon after decided to leave staff, and sometime during that process all the entries were lost. I was not even in GM training at the time, so I have no clear picture of who did what to what.

Wish I had brighter news on that front, but the sect guide contest got buried in an unmarked grave.

-Armifer
"What covers all the world?"
"Darkness."
"What keeps a thing from discovering itself?"
"That is also darkness."
-Yudhishthira tested by Dharma, in the Mahabharata
Re: Sect Guide Winners 01/24/2007 12:45 PM CST
Hrm. I think I've got my winning Heritage House guide somewhere if you want them resubmitted Armifer.

Least I think I've got it...I'll do some rummaging.

-Coralin
Re: Sect Guide Winners 01/24/2007 01:00 PM CST
>Hrm. I think I've got my winning Heritage House guide somewhere if you want them resubmitted Armifer.

I can go back and look in my archives. I likely have my copy for the Progeny as well.

Rroht Hhussk
Progeny of Tezirah
Re: Sect Guide Winners 01/24/2007 01:01 PM CST
So I can't seem to find my guide.

However! I've tried to contact Westryl in hopes that he still has them saved and is willing to pass them all along. I've left him a message via his LiveJournal and in case that doesn't work I've also tried to contact GM Tessima because I know they were close and hung out.

Cross your fingers. Heh.

-Coralin
Re: Sect Guide Winners 01/24/2007 01:37 PM CST
I was going to ask if your avatar was from the Death Gate cycle when I saw your account name.

Yay Death Gates! (Safer than Moongates.)

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/