Sect Guides/Sect Hall Location 10/02/2003 01:00 PM CDT
Are the people who are writing sect guides including your sect hall's location? I was wondering if we should have it in there or make people ask around for them and I don't really know if they're considered semi-secrets or what.

-Path

Westryl says, "I'll only roleplay a female if I can get stuck in the void with Pathian."
Re: Sect Guides/Sect Hall Location 10/02/2003 01:09 PM CDT
That's a good question.
I would consider the Monks and possibly the Progeny a secret because of the difficulty in finding them. On the other hand sects like the Compact and Fortunes Path are pretty straight forward.

Eldrad

"This spell channels the light-fire of the moons into a comfortable shoe, excellent for dinner parties, travelling, or combat."
Re: Sect Guides/Sect Hall Location 10/02/2003 03:16 PM CDT
>>Are the people who are writing sect guides including your sect hall's location?<<

In my current draft I havn't for two reasons.

A) Show of hands. Who hasn't wandered into the Compact sect hall accidentally?

B) It is in that gray area, espically when considering other sects' halls. I don't want to leap for it and land on a disqualification. In all these cases where something might be considered an IC secret, I'm leaning towards not mentioning it.

Larcus' Player

"It's a metaphor of human bloody existence, a dragon. And if that wasn't bad enough, it's also a bloody great hot flying thing." -- Terry Pratchett
Re: Sect Guides/Sect Hall Location 10/02/2003 08:16 PM CDT
Best bet is to leave it out. You can alway suggest asking other mages about the location of the hall in the guide.

GM Westryl, Moon Mage Liaison