Book Contest rules 02/02/2003 03:59 PM CST
Okay folks get those creative juices flowing! The rules for the contest follow:

* The subject should be the Mirror Wraith Prophesy, as seen through your character's and guildmate's eyes. You can choose to do an overview of everything that happened, going back years, or you can pick a specific event or time frame and give a more detailed account.

* Entries will be judged both on HOW they tell the story (English class stuff, like writing style, coherent structure) and WHAT story they tell. We don't expect the story to be 100% correct, in fact, we expect some error, since no one was there for everything. However, we do expect a certain amount of accuracy. No one who followed the events fairly closely should read it and ask "What? When did THAT happen?" So if you kill off Kssarh or have Grishnok show up and propose to Lady P, that's stretching things a bit far. Keep in mind that Moon Mages are scholars, and wouldn't purposely mislead future students of history.

* Something in the text must make it clear that the story you're telling is an account of what happened, and not 100% fact. GMs are the only folks allowed to write books that are considered "truth" so we won't be able to publish an entry if it is likely to mislead folks. How you do that is up to you: a preface, forward, or simply choice of words to describe events.

* There is no set limit on length, but anything beyond the average book in game had better be a compelling read ;) Take look at any library to get an idea of what's "normal" and use that as a general guideline.

* Books can have one or two authors. There was enough going on that collaboration is probably a good idea.

* Utilize a simple text program (If you use Microsoft word, save it as plain text.) for your book entry.

* Use a plain, ASCII text for submissions. No special formatting like bold, italics or tabs.

* Leave a line between paragraphs and double-space after each sentence.

* Entries may be edited for style, clarity, grammar, and spelling, but care will be taken to preserve the story (no holes in the story will be filled in, no incorrect assumptions will be corrected, etc).

* Contest is open to all Moon Mages of 5th circle or higher. Yes, I know most Moon Mages of 5th circle weren't around during the MWP, but if they want to ask around, get details, and write up their own version, they're more than welcome. Also, if I find out that anyone involved in the events is misleading folks in order to limit competition, I'll be quite upset. You don't have to sit down and tell the whole story if you don't want to, but if you purposely lie or bend the truth to give yourself or a friend an edge, you can expect unpleasant consequences.

* All submissions must be received by March 1st.

* Email all submissions to DR_WESTRYL@PLAY.ET, with the words "MWP Book Contest" in the subject line of the email. The story should be in the body of the email, or as an attached .txt file. Only text files will be opened. Any other type of file will NOT be read, just deleted.

* At least one book will be chosen, and, if acceptable, will be published in game.

* The prize will be a telescope inscribed appropriately, and of course, prettier than average. (Aliyrek's rich, he can afford it.)

GM Westryl, Moon Mage Liaison
Re: Book Contest rules 02/02/2003 04:22 PM CST
And then Lasarhhtha burst through the window in radiant glory, slaying the evil Taramaine ocular zombie and saving christmas for the little boys and girls in Dirge.
Re: Book Contest rules 02/02/2003 04:25 PM CST
Just for all you moon mages who are into this sort of thing, here's my log of the fun earlier today (edited to include only related content, of course):

Aliyrek says, "It is nice to see that someone had the good sense to place it near the Keep. I do detest long walks."
>

Aliyrek nods to you.
>
Aliyrek says, "Indeed, I am seeking your Guild Leader."
>
You ponder.
>
Aliyrek says, "I'm am writing a book."
>
Aliyrek looks around expectantly.
>
You say, "you may have difficulty arranging a meeting with him.. naught but moon mages are permitted on the third floor"
>
You ask, "perhaps we could help you with some questions down here?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Nonsense. I'm of noble blood."
>
You squint.
>
Aliyrek says, "He would certainly make an exception for me."
>
You say, "you're welcome to try, of course"
>
Sarambor says, "Kssarh really could care less, he's not exactly one for social graces."
>
Aliyrek says, "After all, I'm am writing a very important book."
>
Aliyrek asks, "Is Kssarh your Leader?"
>
You nod to Aliyrek.
Sarambor says, "You're welcome to try to find your way up but our guild charter prevents us from helping you. We'd get in serious trouble."
>
Aliyrek makes a quick note in his book.
>
You nod to Sarambor.
>
You ask, "what is your topic, sir?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Oh, I am quite sure I can manage on my own."
>
You curtsy to Aliyrek.
>
You say, "of course you can"
>whisp saram heh.. nobles
You whisper to Sarambor.
>
Aliyrek says, "I have taken upon the monstrous task of writing a history of the Mirror Wraith Prophesy."
>
Your jaw drops.
>
You ask, "is this so?"
>
Izildor says, "oh"
>
Aliyrek says, "It is an exhausting project."
>
You say, "surely Kssarh would welcome such a scholar"
>
Aliyrek says, "I would certainly hope so."

>Aliyrek nods to you.
You ponder and taps her finger against her lips.
>
Sarambor says, "I seriously doubt you'll ever get the full story, some of the dealings in that event are probably not stuff anyone will talk about for fear of reporcusions."
>
Sarambor says, "You don't bad mouth the guild master prime and expect to live after all."
>
You ask, "Kssarh had bad dealings to do with it?"
>
Aliyrek asks, "Oh, that's silliness. What is fear in the face of posterity?"
>
Sarambor says, "Guild master prime is not Kssarh."
>
You say, "ah.."
>
You cough.
>
Sarambor says, "Your hide, not mine"
>
Sarambor grins.
>
Aliyrek asks, "Guild Master Prime? Who is this?"
>
You say, "the whole thing happened when I was a child.. I don't really know much of it at all"
>
>l aliy
You see Courtier Aliyrek Emiidaku, an Elothean Nobleman.
He has tilted almond-shaped violet eyes. His platinum hair is long and fine, and is worn loose. He has fair skin.
He is fairly young for an Elothean.
He is clean shaven.
He is in good shape.

He is holding an illuminated notebook in his right hand and an ivory quill in his left.
He is wearing some silvery robes adorned along the hem and sleeves with an ornate pattern of twining ivy, some highly polished leather boots, a heavy chain of thick platinum links, a pale blue silken case clasped with a large sapphire and a pair of soft suede gloves.
>
Aliyrek stands with is notebook ready, poised to record anything of import.
>
Aliyrek says, "Well, I shall go find this Kssarh of yours. I am sure he would be mortified if he knew I was here and did not stop to speak with him."
>
Sarambor says, "I was just a student back when it happened I didn't get too involved."
>
Aliyrek says, "Good day to you all."
>
Aliyrek smiles.
>
Sarambor says, "Go to Throne city and read the guild histories, they'll tell you a lot more then we could."
>
You say, "I'd offer to announce your presense.."
>
Courtier Aliyrek went through a carved ivory door.
>
You ponder.
>
Courtier Aliyrek came through a carved ivory door.
>
You say to Sarambor, "history of the prophesies.. interesting indeed"
>
Aliyrek says, "An announcement? Yes, that would be approptiate, I suppose."
>
Aliyrek smiles at you.
>
You blink.
>
You look at Aliyrek and blush.
>
Sarambor says, "Plus the sleeping council members who were poisoned as part of the the events of the MWP are hospitalized in TC."
>
You say, "I'm sorry.. I was going to say, I would announce you, but I fear I've sustained some injury recently, and for safety reasons am not permitted on the third floor myself"
>
You shift your weight.
>
Aliyrek says, "Oh, I see."
>
Sarambor says, "No one who's bleeding is permited on third floor."
>
You say, "but perhaps another could run the message up"
>
Oasa asks you, "Do you require healing...?"
>
Sarambor says, "Perhaps another mage who isn't bleeding."
>
Aliyrek says, "Well, yes, I can see why. I certainly would not permit anyone to bleed in my study."
>
Oasa touches you lightly, barely brushing your skin.
You feel a warmth radiate from Oasa's touch.
You have a brief sensation that leaves your wounds tingling.
>
You say to Oasa, "if you could heal my legs just a bit, I would be appreciative"
>
Your neck bruises feel fully healed.
>
Sarambor says, "Actually it has to do with the fact that the only way off the third floor if you're not living is out the window."
>
You say to Aliyrek, "I know how loathsome nobles find waiting, but if you give me a scant roisaen"
>
Sarambor says, "And as much as I think Kssarh enjoys throwing people at the window he doesn't want to do it every day."
>
You say, "I don't know... I think he'd do it every day"
>
Aliyrek says, "Oh, I am sure I can find my way, then. Knowledge waits for no man. Or woman, I suppose."
>
Oasa says to Aliyrek, "I've heard that this Kssarh is somewhat crabby..."
>
get gem from my pouch
>You get a small aquamarine gem from inside a blue gem pouch which is in your willow backpack.
>
Sarambor says, "Oh yeah, don't insult Kssarh unless you know how to fly."
>
Oasa has accepted your offer and is now holding a small aquamarine gem.
>
You blush a bright red color.
>
You say, "thank you"
>
You say, "in I go"
>
>
Aliyrek says, "I trust I shall spend a few hours with your Leader, discussing the plots and sub plots."
>
You curtsy to Aliyrek.
>go door
[Observatory, First Level]
Airy strands of light waver about you on all sides of the alcove, soft filaments reaching out from within the milky observatory walls themselves. At its northwestern corner, the square chamber gives way to an atrium of lush vegetation, flowers and exotic plants which reach upward into the sun's friendly glow. A thin railing of intricately woven willow branches rises at the garden's edge, arcing gently to the south and northeast. A carved ivory door leads outside.
Obvious exits: northeast, south.
>
Courtier Aliyrek came through a carved ivory door.
>
You ask, "do you wish to come with me, or would you prefer to wait here?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Oh, I don't think it would be proper to wait here, like a commoner."
>
Aliyrek joins your group.
>
You nod.
>
Aliyrek smiles.
>
You weakly say, "of course not"
>
<insert traveling rooms and stuff>
>
You say, "I imagine your travels have taken you far across elanthia"
>
Aliyrek says, "Quite. I found myself in Throne City and Theren Keep just recently."
>
Aliyrek says, "Though I found little help there."
>
You say, "ahh.. lovely cities both"
>
You say, "though throne city is rather dangerous for my tastes"
>
Aliyrek says, "I suppose. Though no city is a match for Shard."
>
You nod.
>
Aliyrek says, "I would not know about danger. I have no desire to seek out such adventure."
>
You take in a great breath of air.
>
You say, "this pedestal transports us to the third floor.. if you are permitted that is"
>
You say, "you have but to touch the handprint"
>
On the slender pedestal you see a brass handprint.
>
Aliyrek asks, "Oh?"
>
You nod to Aliyrek.
>
Aliyrek peers closely at the pedestal with a look of distrust in his eyes.
>
You say, "I understand your hesitation"
>
You say, "I assure you it is no trick.. I will go first"
>
You touch the brass handprint.
Your surroundings shift...

[Observatory, Third Level]
Suffused with brilliant light, the air beneath the observatory's cap seems to close in comfortably. The crystal dome rises from the floor to the southeast, curving overhead and across the circle of trees and at the tower center. In the middle of the corridor, a slender pewter pedestal stands amid the colorful tiles of a large mosaic.
>
You pace back and forth.
>
You touch the brass handprint.
Your surroundings shift...

[Observatory, Second Level]
Along the eastern wall, a high stained-glass window twinkles in the daylight, its green, purple and blue panes forming a striking portrait of Eluned astride a living wave. A slender pedestal of brushed pewter rises from the center of the floor, its stately finish flashing dully beneath colored rays.
Also in the room: Courtier Aliyrek.
>
You fret.
>
Aliyrek reaches out hesitantly to touch the handprint, then pulls it back.
>
Aliyrek asks, "Perhaps you could fetch this Kssarh so that I might speak with him here?"
>
You blink.
>
You ask, "fetch.. kssarh..?"
>
You say, "I will ..um.."
>
You cough.
>
You ask, "you have touched the pedestal?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Explain to him that I have come from Shard seeking knowledge. I am sure he will come."
>
You hesitantly say, "if you are sure.. I will present your request"
>
<more room moving>
>
[Observatory, Third Level]
A soft sitting mat covers the floor entirely, save for a narrow strip of anti-color bordering starkly on all sides. Painted onto the crystal hemisphere, a detailed star diagram spreads over your head, marking the constellations and their positions at various times of the year. You also see an elegant silver stand with a guild register on it, a rounded archway, the Guild Leader Kssarh, and a guild announcement board.
Obvious exits: northeast, west.
>
You clear your throat.
>
You say, "umm.. pardon me"
>
You curtsy to the Guild Leader Kssarh.
>
You say, "there's a visitor here to speak with you.. a scholar hailing from shard"
>
Kssarh says, "A Scholar?"
>
You say, "he claims he wishes to discuss.."
>
You shift your weight.
>
You say, "the mirror wraith prophesy"
>

Kssarh says, "Then why are you bothering me about it? If he wants to talk to me, he can come up here."
>
You say, "he.. "
>
>
You say, "yes guildmaster.. I will send him up"
>
Kssarh says, "Bah, is this the twit who is writing that book?"
>
You grimace.
>
You say, "indeed"
>
You say, "a scholar in one sense at least.. but with little knowledge of the skies"
>
You say, "I do not believe he can reach the third floor"
>
Kssarh says, "He's a moron. I would think you could spot one of those. Send him away."
>
You exclaim, "but.. someone willing to catelogue the prophesy!"
>
You say, "no one has been able to do that at all with any success"
>
You say, "surely we can't just turn him away"
>

Kssarh says, "I have already recieved word of this imbecile. I assure you, if anyone is going to write a book, he is not the person to do it.
>
Kssarh says, "Tell him to take his inane questions elsewhere."
>
You say, "he claims to be of noble blood.. you know what trouble those sort of folk can make.. wouldn't it be best to speak with him briefly and then send him on his way? he won't take anything I.. a mere commoner.. tells him seriously.."
>
You say, "if I tell him you won't let him in, I doubt he'd even believe me.. we'd have him wandering the second floor for days"
>
Kssarh says, "I have better things to do with my time than deal with him. If he wishes to bump into the walls on the second floor for a few weeks, he is quite welcome to."
>
You meekly say, "yes guildmaster.."
>
You ask, "if I may ask.. who is he?"
>
Kssarh growls, "He's an Ilithi halfwit with nothing better to do than play at being a scholar."
>
Kssarh mutters to himself, then makes a dismissive gesture in your direction before returning to his studies.
>
You sigh.
>
You curtsy to the Guild Leader Kssarh.
>
<travel back to other side of pedestal>

Aliyrek smiles at you.
>
You smile at Aliyrek.
>
Aliyrek asks, "He shall be along shortly, no doubt?"
>
You ask, "your wait was not too unplesant I hope?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Not at all."
>
Aliyrek smiles.
>
Aliyrek says, "I have been admiring the window here."
>
You say, "oh? yes.. the craftsmanship here never ceases to amaze me"
>
(Ailaene glances at the window nervously.)
>
Aliyrek says, "Indeed. No doubt the work of Elotheans."
>
You see Courtier Aliyrek Emiidaku, an Elothean Nobleman.
He has tilted almond-shaped violet eyes. His platinum hair is long and fine, and is worn loose. He has fair skin.
He is fairly young for an Elothean.
He is clean shaven.
He is in good shape.

He is holding an illuminated notebook in his right hand and an ivory quill in his left.
He is wearing some silvery robes adorned along the hem and sleeves with an ornate pattern of twining ivy, some highly polished leather boots, a heavy chain of thick platinum links, a pale blue silken case clasped with a large sapphire and a pair of soft suede gloves.
>
Aliyrek asks, "So, will your Guild Leader be meeting me here, or in some antechamber?"
>
You say, "ahh.. yes.. regretfully, he seems indesposed at the moment, and with his usual charm and discretion, said you were more than willing to take up residence in any of the rooms here on the second floor until he can see you"
>
Aliyrek asks, "Until?"
>
Aliyrek says, "That simply will not do."
>
(Ailaene stammers.)
>
Aliyrek says, "One of my birth does not wait for others. Others wait for me."
>
You ask, "I.. am sorry.. what would you have me do?
>
Aliyrek says, "It certainly is not your fault. If this person will not see me, he will get no place in my book."
>
You ask, "you are aware of our other guild leaders?
>
Aliyrek says, "I would not force myself upon him, even if that were possible. He simply does not understand the chance I am offering him."
>
You say, "Perhaps Tiv or Lomtaum would be more.. accomadating"
>
Aliyrek frowns.
>
You narrow your eyes.
>
Aliyrek says, "Well, I was sent here on advice I thought was wise. Apparently I was misled."
>
Aliyrek sighs.
>
You ask, "the chance to complete documentation on the prophesy?"
>
Aliyrek asks, "Perhaps you can lead me outside?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Exactly! The chance to participate in what is certainly going to be groundbreaking work."
>
You nod.
>
Aliyrek says, "It is his loss, I assure you."
>
You ask, "you have uncovered new information on the subject?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Well, so far, I have learned that you have several Council Members who are ill. And something about a daughter who is not a daughter and a father who is not a father. It is all rather confusing."
>
You pace back and forth.
>
Aliyrek turns back a few pages in his notebook.
>
You say, "perhaps speaking with Pathian is what you should do next"
>
>Aliyrek says, "Ah, yes. Pathian is Tethia's father, Tezirah is her mother, but she is not her mother."
>Aliyrek says, "You Moon Mages certainly like to muddle things."
>
You say, "I have only met Tethia myself once.. I must confess it was one of the more frightening things I've seen.."
>
Aliyrek asks, "Oh?"
>
>
Aliyrek says, "Frightening, you say? How dramatic."
>

Aliyrek asks, "Perhaps we can step outside, and you can tell me about it?"
>
You nod.
>
You say, "I'm sorry, you did ask me to lead you out"
>
Aliyrek says, "I am afraid I have lost my appreciation for the decore in here."
>
You clasp Aliyrek's hand tenderly.
>
You say, "right this way if you please"
>
Aliyrek nods to you.
<travel back down to outside guild>
>
You take in a great breath of air.
>
Aliyrek smiles.
>
Sarambor whispers, "no suprise, be glad you didn't go out the window."
>
>
You ask Aliyrek, "is this location suitable for you?"
>
Sarambor says, "Aliyrek you might have more luck with guild master Tiv."
>
Aliyrek asks, "Now, who are these other Guild Leaders you spoke of?"
>
Aliyrek nods to you.
>
Aliyrek says, "Quite."
>
Sarambor says, "He's more sociable"
>
You nod.
>
Aliyrek says, "Tiv? Yes, Ailaene mentioned him."
>
You say, "Tiv and Lomtaum.. I believe that's his name.. Lomtaum"
>
Sarambor says, "Or Mortom though rumor has it you've already been to Shard."
>
Sarambor says, "Though Mort probably won't speak much on it."
>
Aliyrek says, "I am from Shard, yes. Mortom was asleep during much of what occured."
>
Sarambor says, "He was asleep for it."
>
Aliyrek nods to Sarambor.
>
You say, "Tiv is probably the closest.. he resides north of here a ways, but not so far as the river"
>
Aliyrek asks, "North?"
>
You nod.
>
You say, "up near the volcano"
>
You cough.
>
You say, "quite near the volcano actually"
>
Lighttflare quietly says, "tiv is a good master"
>
Sarambor says, "Though Lomtaum could give you a good rendition of the battle, it was at his guild."
>
Aliyrek's voice rises in pitch as he says, "But I just came from up north."
>
Sarambor says, "Would you like an escort? Tiv is not restricive on who visits him."
>
(Ailaene tries to be soothing.)
>
You say, "It is not far sir"
>
Aliyrek says, "Therengia is tiresome."
>
You say, "less than half a day's walk"
>
Aliyrek frowns.
>
Aliyrek asks, "Where is this Lomtaun?"
>
You say, "and only at the southern border of Therengia"
>
Sarambor says, "You don't even have to cross the Felsdaeu to see Tiv."
>
Sarambor says, "Lomtaun is on Taisgath"
>
You say, "he resides on Taisgath island"
>
Aliyrek asks, "Taisgath?"
>
You say, "beautiful guild there.. but quite a trip"
>
Sarambor says, "It's a small island off of Ratha."
>
Aliyrek says, "Oh my, that will not do. I detest boats."
>
You say, "there is another way.."
>
You say, "but that requires heading even further north"
>
Sarambor says, "Then Tiv is probably your best choice."
>
Sarambor asks, "Would you like me to ask Tiv if he'd grant you an audience?"
>
Aliyrek says, "I was already up north. It is in terrible taste that Tiv did not send a courier to alert me of his presence."
>
>
Aliyrek says, "I must say, very few of your guild seem interested in the work I am doing."
>
You say, "you wait here and enjoy the company of these moon mages, and one of us will travel to the guild to send you a moon gate"
>
You scan the heavens for the three moons:
Xibar is nowhere to be seen.

Katamba is nowhere to be seen.

Yavash is nowhere to be seen.

Roundtime: 5 seconds.
>
You say, "which of course.. would require a moon"
>
>
Sarambor says, "No moon"
>
You sigh.
>
Aliyrek says, "Here I am, striving to record what happened to YOUR guild, and your leaders are going out of their way to be unhelpful."
>
Sarambor says, "I can run ahead and ask Tiv if he's see you, would save you the trip."
>
You say, "oh do not take it personally.. Kssarh is the embodiment of all that is unhelpful"
>
Sarambor says, "Our leaders are... well unhelpful is probably nicest way to put it."
>
You say, "he knows what he is about, but congeniality is not a strong point.."
>
Aliyrek says, "Moons or no moons. If Tiv did not have the consideration to tell me he was in Therengia, after I rode in a cramped carriage all the way up there...."
>
You say, "it sounds horrible"
>
Aliyrek's face takes on a reddish hue.
>
Sarambor asks, "Perhaps he did not know you visited Therengia?"
>
Sarambor says, "After all his guild is far from any city"
>
Sarambor says, "And he's never been one for world affairs."
>
Aliyrek says, "I cannot be travelling up and down Elanthia for the rest of my days trying to write this book."
>
You say, "indeed.. Tiv is not always kept in the loop.. he spends much time training his students I'm sure.. they're quite a disciplined lot, there"
>
Aliyrek says, "It sounds like this Tiv would have little to offer me, then."
>
You sigh.
>
You say, "perhaps so"
>
Aliyrek glances down at his notebook and frowns.
>
Sarambor says, "Well you can try to find the guild master prime but he's been scarce since Tethia disappeared."
>
Sarambor asks, "I assume you know who Tethia is, yes?"
>
You say, "I suggested we locate Pathian"
>find pathian
There are no adventurers in the realms that match the names specified.

The usage for this command is: find <player1> <player2> ... <player9> and will provide a list of those players present you wish to find provided they are in the realms.
>
You say, "he has left the realms since then, however"
>
Aliyrek exclaims, "Everyone is telling me to find people! Do they not realize that I am writing a book? They should be finding me!"
>
Aliyrek says, "I simply cannot handle this burden."
>
You patiently say, "Kssarh seemed to know you were coming, but also did not wish to speak with you.. what makes you so sure you know something that will help write this book"
>
Aliyrek says, "I wish to preserve knowledge. All else is secondary."
>
Aliyrek says, "But I simply cannot go on like this."
>
Aliyrek sighs.
>
Sarambor asks, "Did you just take an interest in this event or did someone ask you to look into it?"
>
Sarambor directs a curious meow at Aliyrek.
>
You say, "yes.. how did you even know OF it, when so many moon mages lie in ignorance"
>
Sarambor says, "There are lots of politics within the guild and if say, a Crowther asked you to look into this that would make Kssarh very unhelpful."
>
Aliyrek says, "Once I decided to write a book, this Prophesy seemed a good canditate."
>
You mutter to yourself.
>
Aliyrek says, "I know the Crowthers, but they did not ask me to write anything."
>
Sarambor asks, "Are you friends or allies with them?"
>
You say, "you'd think my sect would know something of this, but they don't tell me a word.."
>
Aliyrek says, "However, I believe I have come up with an even better idea."
>
You glance at Aliyrek, a male Elothean.
>
You ask, "what is that?"
>
Sarambor says, "The Crowthers are leaders of the sect that is well Kssarh's sects rival within the guild."
>
You frown.
>
Aliyrek says, "I shall commission a book! Yes! I shall bid all Moon Mages to write their own books."
>
Aliyrek asks, "That is much more noble, don't you think?"
>
Sarambor asks, "And submit them to you for the best work?"
>
Aliyrek says, "Indeed"
>
Aliyrek nods to Sarambor.
>
>Sarambor says, "I would sugget offering a reward for the best work, to motivate the mages. As they have other studies as well."
>
Aliyrek says, "Oh, no. Credit is not important. A note perhaps, that I inspired the writing."
>
Sarambor says, "A good scholar needs not credit, stuides are good enough."
>
You ponder and taps her finger against her lips.
>
Sarambor winks at you.
>
You say, "perhaps not such a bad idea"
>
Aliyrek says, "Yes, a reward. I suppose that for the low born, it is not enough to expect them to write for knowledge's sake."
>
Sarambor says, "But to be taken away from other studies might require incentive."
>
Keelysh asks, "Trying to buy yourself some recognition?"
>
Aliyrek asks, "You look at the skies often, yes?"
>
You nod to Aliyrek.
>
Aliyrek glances at Keelysh.
>
You say, "yes.. there is much to be learned from the sky"
>
Keelysh says, "You nobles are all the same. I've had my fill of you all."
>
Keelysh says, "Good day."
>
Aliyrek says, "As an Elothean, you should recognize me without my purchasing it."
>
You sigh.
>
You say, "speaking of other duties, I fear I must be off for a short while"
>
You frown.
>
You say to Aliyrek, "best of luck"
>
Aliyrek says, "Yes, a reqard is a wonderful idea. A telescope, then. I shall have Elanthia's greatest craftsmen fashion a telescope for the reward."
>
Aliyrek bows to you.
>
Sarambor says, "The guild is of foul temper today, hmm Kssarh must be in good form"
>
Sarambor chuckles.
>
Aliyrek says, "You have been most helpful."
>
You curtsy to Aliyrek.
>
Sarambor says, "Now that's a prize I think any moon mage would go for."
>
You say, "I apologize for failing to arrange a meeting, but perhaps your method would work just as well"
>
You nod to Sarambor.
>
You say, "please be safe everyone"
>
Aliyrek says, "Ah, I do not blame you."
>
Aliyrek smiles at you.
>
Aliyrek says, "Good day."
>
You grin.
>
You say, "to you as well"
>
Hands moving gracefully, you sink down in a formal curtsy.
Re: Book Contest rules 02/02/2003 05:25 PM CST
Keelysh says, "You nobles are all the same. I've had my fill of you all."
>
Keelysh says, "Good day."

Gotta stick it to those damn nobles whenever possible.
Re: Book Contest rules 02/02/2003 07:32 PM CST
I'm really pumped! I can't wait to read the finished book!
Personally I'm not going to try because I suck at writing, but I wish you guys luck. :)

Eldrad
Re: Book Contest rules 02/03/2003 02:43 PM CST
At that point in my life, the Prydaen were a major priority for me. Because of this, I will decline from making an entry. It would be too misguided and off-key.

On a side note...could we have a contest on a Moon Mage Book in General? Not about the MWP? :) That I could easily do.

Meerc
Re: Book Contest rules 02/03/2003 03:32 PM CST
GM Cadaya, Elanthia's Head Librarian, is ALWAYS looking for player written books of any type. If you want to write a book about Moon Mages in general, Prydaens, the various sized rocks you see along the NTR, or how to predict the future from the stars you see when a garg sits on you head, you can send them to DR-LIBRARIES@Play.net. He has his own list of guidelines, that I believe are posted somewhere, but I can't seem to find them (old boards, maybe?). I'll ask him for a copy and post it unless someone beats me to it.

GM Westryl, Moon Mage Liaison
Re: Book Contest rules 02/03/2003 08:08 PM CST
Ah, sweet. I have that saved. Thank you.

Meerc
Re: Book Contest rules 02/13/2003 09:58 AM CST
>* Use a plain, ASCII text for submissions. No special formatting like bold, italics or tabs.

Would you prefer to have the text submitted with word wrap or not?
Re: Book Contest rules 02/13/2003 10:02 AM CST
I've got a question too. If our book doesn't win, what are the chances it'll still get published?

-Path
Re: Book Contest rules 02/13/2003 11:14 AM CST
Stop posting negatively Pathian. Our books will win. Just chant it over and over.
Kelvena

You can still have fun on a rainy day.
Re: Book Contest rules 02/13/2003 11:37 AM CST
I'm the little Engine that Could. I think I can. I think I can. Woo Woo!

-Path
Re: Book Contest rules 02/13/2003 11:42 AM CST
We will be taking all the losing entries to shred them painfully, soak in naphtha, then light in a glorious tribute to uh, something.

Or, maybe try to publish more than one, whatever mood strikes.

For the word wrap question, doesn't matter, most straight ascii readers can flip that on and off at will.

Talian