Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 09:25 AM CDT
I feel kinda bad that this is in the Complaint section, but I'd like to make a plea for Astrology.

My roleplaying style -- what I'm going for -- is a Fortuneteller. But I never see anyone actually wanting a Prediction or a look into their future.

Here's my goal:
Currently 0% of the population asks for a Moon Mage to look into their future. I'd like to get that to 10%.

I'd have a blast if 1 out of 10 people were looking for Fortuneteller to help them out.
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 09:35 AM CDT

Would people want more predictions on them if it worked similar to app focus, allows a short drain bonus to the skill(skillset?) that is booned/cursed? Guess you COULD penalize the cursed drain, but not sure that would make people actually want a prediction.
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 11:17 AM CDT
Have event prediction set flags on characters. If they later attend the event, they get bonus RPA points. Fortunes will be told.
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 11:20 AM CDT

>> You get different results if imbue is cast from memory or by unleashing it?

Likely not, he just doesn't know the spell so he's not using imbue from memory. It's actually pretty smart for a moon mage to NOT memorize any AP spells and use unleash instead.

I'm not very good at hunting so I haven't been able to test a lot of those same materials with regular ol imbue.

Also to be fair... there is currently a store that sells burins. And according to epedia, quality or crafting of burins does not matter, so it doesn't make sense spending time fixing em.

That being said, I found Skaens tooth that had been scribed and was able to carve a burin handle.
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 12:00 PM CDT
Buying Skaen-tooth burins.
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 12:16 PM CDT
I like that Event Prediction RPA idea. Wouldn't even have to be huge bonus.
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 01:02 PM CDT
Super weird. On the exact same items? Can you provide a log? Maybe it's a prep level issue?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 02:41 PM CDT
>>Not just that, but castable to see through roofs

>While I can think of how to mechanically handle this, you're going from seeing through relatively small amounts of material or cloud cover (Which, I know, is a conceptual leap) to seeing through potentially MASSIVE amounts of material. Sure, it could be a roof, but it could also be 10 stories of building or an entire mountain.

>That's not something I'm comfortable with trivially doing.

I understand where you're coming from. Is there a way to make it mana based (the more mana, the more material able to see through - it's like this with boxes already somewhat). Or introduce a meta/ritual spell that comprises a lot of mana similar to iots to enhance it enough to see through such? Or even just limit it so that you can't use it for instance on the lowest level of the moon mage tower but you can on the top floor?

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 03:28 PM CDT
There's no sane way to, at the level of the spell, determine if the area owner meant "indoors because there's a tin roof" "indoors because you're under Lonely Mountain" or "indoors for technical reason."

The concept is reasonable, but the technical side isn't there to make it a worthwhile project.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 03:32 PM CDT

>> Super weird. On the exact same items? Can you provide a log? Maybe it's a prep level issue?

I can say for certainty that memorized imbue requires at least 15-20 mana to use. Not sure what Skaen was casting at but I'm sure he will report back.
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 05:21 PM CDT
That was my memory is that some items need notably higher than min mana to imbue, which is why I suspect unleash is failing in those cases.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 05:51 PM CDT
>That was my memory is that some items need notably higher than min mana to imbue, which is why I suspect unleash is failing in those cases.

Went back and tried higher casts. It took 2 casts of 60 mana unleashed imbue to imbue the kobold rib. 50 wouldn't do it. Sheesh.

>prep unleash 60
>
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
You direct your attention toward the heavens and trace the lunar sigils for the Unleash spell in the air.
>
>
The flame opals adorning the triquetra symbol of your blighted gold bracelet flare with radiance, a sense of peace and restfulness spreading through you to ease your mental fatigue.
>cast scroll
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>
You gesture at an off-white scroll labeled IMBUE.
Energy flows between you and the scroll as a visualization of the Imbue pattern buds in your mind.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
>
>
>cast rib
>
You gesture at a discolored kobold rib.
You channel Lunar energy through the spell pattern and into the rib, feeling confident that another cast like this will ready it for enchanting.
>
You feel fully rested.
>
>prep unleash 60
That will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
You direct your attention toward the heavens and trace the lunar sigils for the Unleash spell in the air.
>
>cast scroll
Energy flows between you and the scroll as a visualization of the Imbue pattern buds in your mind.
>
>
The flame opals adorning the triquetra symbol of your blighted gold bracelet flare with radiance, a sense of peace and restfulness spreading through you to ease your mental fatigue.
>
>cast rib
You gesture at a discolored kobold rib.
The kobold rib twists and warps as if caught in a heat wave, then abruptly stops.

Vote:
Re: guild development 07/10/2015 06:06 PM CDT
Alright, no more testing in the A.M. for me. Unleashed imbue is the same as memorized. Sorry for the false alarm. Looking back over my log tried unleash imbueing one of the materials that can't be imbued at all and mixed up tests.

One oddity: crab claw burins turn out as grey chitinous burins rather than chitinous burins.

I did not test malchata ribs, sand spider mandibles or peccary tusks.

I just completed crab claw, grave worm carapace sliver, kobold rib and adan'f tail barb burins using imbue.

Kobold ribs were highly resistant to imbue. It took 2 casts of 60 mana imbue. Casts of 50 failed.

Angiswaerd teeth won't accept imbue at all.

Angiswaerd tooth burins can be completed using a scribed sigil. (I used Yavash)

>look in grey sack
In the grey sack you see a grey chitinous burin, a grey chitinous burin, a discolored burin, an ivory burin, a jagged burin

Here's the log for imbue failure on the angiswaerd tooth.

>prep unleash 30
>l
>
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
>
>cast scroll
>
>cast tooth
You gesture at an angiswaerd tooth.
Something about the tooth causes the spell pattern to dissipate.

Vote:
Re: guild development 07/11/2015 04:58 PM CDT

How did clarify gem not make anyone's list?

Darn you Raesh! Clarify Gem and Call of the Siren. I will never forget!
Re: guild development 07/11/2015 05:33 PM CDT
I was rather surprised that Clarify Gem didn't make it into trader magic.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page