Cage of Light annoyance 04/11/2015 10:18 PM CDT
Can Cage of Light please not chastise me for casting without specifying a moon, then simply disappear with my mana? All of the other moon dependent spells inform you that you must specify a moon, and then allow you to do so without having to prepare the spell again.

I'm not so forgetful that I disintegrate myself when teleporting, but putting up a buff doesn't require the same level of attention, so I often forget and wind up feeling slightly irritated.
Re: Cage of Light annoyance 04/11/2015 10:43 PM CDT
I agree this is an irritation. More than that, I do it too often and it's annoying as crap!

I also agree it would be nice if CoL could be changed so that accidentally casting on the wrong moon didn't actually fire off the spell using up mana.

Aluriaz

PS
>I'm not so forgetful that I disintegrate myself when teleporting,
And you call yerself a Moon Mage?! :)
Re: Cage of Light annoyance 04/11/2015 10:47 PM CDT
Or better yet, let us cast Grazhir cages that default to that without moons. Just kidding.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Cage of Light annoyance 04/11/2015 10:48 PM CDT
PPS I should have added, if you do "fix" this, please don't make it so that accidentally casting CoL on the wrong moon kill me.
Thanks!
Aluriaz
Re: Cage of Light annoyance 04/11/2015 11:00 PM CDT
Huh. That's interesting - it's almost set up right, but not quite.

Just doing a quick sample it looks like Moon Mages are kind of split over this (I don't have the time right now to go through them all... ::mumblemumbleDaredevilmumble::) but I don't think it's an unreasonable request if someone wants to put together a full list of spells that need updating so I can do them in one pass.

To start things off:

Wrong moon uses mana/prep:
CoL
Moonblade
Distant Gaze

Wrong moon does not:
Focus Moonblade

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Cage of Light annoyance 04/11/2015 11:12 PM CDT
I didn't know about Moonblade or Distant Gaze since I haven't yet chosen either of those spells. I just know about CoL, because I seem to do it all the time - casting on the wrong moon - and it's always very annoying. I looked thru the other spells I've chosen and use, and I don't see the same problem with any of them.

Aluriaz
Re: Cage of Light annoyance 04/12/2015 03:54 PM CDT
I was only able to test FM, Moonblade, and CoL.

Focus Moonbeam:
No moon specified: Error message only.
Wrong moon specified: Error message only.

Moonblade:
No moon specified: Error message only.
Wrong moon specified: Error message with mana/prep loss.

Cage of Light:
No moon specified: Error message with mana/prep loss.
Wrong moon specified: Error message with mana/prep loss.
Re: Cage of Light annoyance 04/12/2015 04:11 PM CDT
Oh, yeah. I forgot to test this. Gimme a bit, I'll go through the ones not listed so far. There's a few non-moon ones with targets that are wonky too, iirc.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators