Mirror Wraith 03/03/2014 11:15 PM CST
So that long-awaited Mirror Wraith spell is actually going to be a Trader spell? SIGH.

>>Astral Projection
>>Esoteric Utility (2)
>>Astral Projection is a particularly strange bit of magic that allows the caster to possess an illusionary body while leaving their physical body behind. This allows the caster to project their mind to distant places, safely explore their surroundings or remotely communicate with others.

And can we trade (useless) Shear for Starlight Barricade???

>>Starlight Barricade
>>Advanced Warding
>>Starlight Barricade physically manifests the Trader's Starlight Aura as a potency barrier. Energy from incoming spells is drained away to further fuel the caster's Aura.
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/03/2014 11:23 PM CST
>>So that long-awaited Mirror Wraith spell is actually going to be a Trader spell?

Yes. Mirror Wraith has been "nearly finished" (About 90%) for over a decade and was never released for Moon Mages because, frankly, what's the point? No one could ever find an actual reason for the spell to exist since it did almost nothing that couldn't already be replicated by other Moon Mage spells. There's a reason it was going to be Shift Moonbeam's replacement for quite awhile - it would have finally given the spell a purpose.

Also, while we're on the topic, Avren Aevareae will be a Trader spell for the exact same reasons - it's been essentially finished for over a decade and never released because it was largely redundant. I made the choice to shift these spells over to Traders since they won't be redundant in their spellbooks and can finally see release.

>>And can we trade (useless) Shear for Starlight Barricade???

They are completely different spells and Shear (like all barrier spells) will be getting reviewed in 3.2 as mentioned in the Trader post. You look into the Lay Ward spell if you're looking for a potency barrier.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/04/2014 09:45 PM CST
I thought we came up with a really good set of ideas that worked with mirror wraith and it was something that could have been expanded upon. The only reason we went back to "shift moonbeam" is because it didn't require a full rewrite (and because a few people didn't like "change")
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/05/2014 10:46 AM CST
Are traders really getting a spell called mirror wraith? shouldn't it be changed to something less malevolent sounding and more traderish? Something like mirror fat guy?
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/05/2014 10:56 AM CST
>>Are traders really getting a spell called mirror wraith? shouldn't it be changed to something less malevolent sounding and more traderish? Something like mirror fat guy?

Astral Projection
Esoteric Utility (2)
Astral Projection is a particularly strange bit of magic that allows the caster to possess an illusionary body while leaving their physical body behind. This allows the caster to project their mind to distant places, safely explore their surroundings or remotely communicate with others.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/05/2014 04:47 PM CST
>>> So that long-awaited Mirror Wraith spell is actually going to be a Trader spell? SIGH.

This was my first thought when I read that as well. Then it occurred to me that I really don't need the spell most of the time and that DG/SM or SHM/Thoughtcast are superior in many ways. I wish that we could shift past certain barriers like the tunnel between dirge and river haven, but those are mostly minor. Then I convinced myself that Astral Projection is really just an illusion spell of sorts and therefore made sense for a guild that specializes in illusions. That was able to soothe my moon mage ego :)
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/06/2014 06:57 AM CST

To be fair, the GMs were right most the spells they got from us were redundant to our current line up. The greatest appeal of Mirror Wraith was mostly "Holy crikets Batman, Tezirah used it!"

So meh, Though I really wanted the spell for lore reasons the actual functionality of the spell was never something I wanted it was just something that I'd get because well RP and stuff, but I knew it'd be wasted slots.

Though I do hope that sometime in the foreseeable future(hopefully before the fall of man) we'll get a stellar Tezirite spell that is befitting lore and power.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/06/2014 07:58 AM CST
>>Though I do hope that sometime in the foreseeable future(hopefully before the fall of man) we'll get a stellar Tezirite spell that is befitting lore and power.

Eclipse isn't stellar, but I'd say it's definitely a spell that has a strong Progeny vibe to it. I want to get it out before 3.2, and toyed with doing so before 3.1. but it's been in limbo due to other projects and might clash with the barrier review, so we'll see.

I doubt you'll ever see a true "Progeny Stellar" spell as their magic tends to be tied to shadows which thematically isn't something that shows up in Stellar magic. (And, yes, I know the thematic cues for Stellar are all over the map. I've been trying to clean that up a little bit - such as the upgrade to SHM at night to thematically link it to stellar magic more than perception magic.)

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/06/2014 11:22 AM CST
I know I getting off topic...but I just hope to see a monk. Even if its just crystal spike.

But back on topic. I didn't care for mirror wraith, beyond the name. I just glad you all didn't nix shift moonbeam like the GMs claimed, and that was the purpose for mirror wraith. Go traders, get some magic. Now we finally get more sparring traders!
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/08/2014 08:07 PM CST
If the mirror wraith spell needs to go to traders, so be it. in my perfect world, though, I would prefer the name be changed just so that we can keep the spell on the back burner just in case an epiphany happens as to what should be done with this spell. it just sounds too moon-mage like and has too much moon mage lore attached to it.
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/08/2014 08:09 PM CST
The name had already been changed.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Mirror Wraith 03/08/2014 08:10 PM CST
many thanks and thanks for the quick response.