Shadow servant accepting 08/03/2012 11:06 PM CDT
Can we please change the servant so that when it can't fit something, it just returns it to your hand rather than dumping it on the ground?

I just lost a bag full of rare containers that I'd spent two years gathering. I've always been extremely careful, and I've highlighted the line about it dumping things onto the ground, but apparently I slipped up regardless. :'(

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/04/2012 02:58 PM CDT
Once we push 3.0 there is lot of QoL changes to servant I'll be looking at.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/04/2012 06:11 PM CDT
>>Once we push 3.0 there is lot of QoL changes to servant I'll be looking at.

Thank you so much.

I'm sure you're thinking of the bug where if you release it, it can drop all your stuff. But another one that would be great would be some way to easily see the complete contents.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/05/2012 01:08 AM CDT
I know its minor but Id love to see a bit more interaction capability with them. Other than giving them things and getting them back you cant touch or look at them in any way. Be nice just to have a little more of a physical presence about them even if they are shadow people.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/05/2012 02:59 AM CDT
>I'm sure you're thinking of the bug where if you release it, it can drop all your stuff.

I just want to point out that this isn't a "bug", it's intended. It didn't happen when the spell was first released.

The speed which shadow servants follow the caster is limited, and some folks were bypassing this spell restriction by releasing the servant and recasting the spell instead of waiting for the servant to catch up to them at their new location. So to stop this the GMs added in that nice handy "feature" where if you release them while they aren't in the room with you, they dump everything.

At least that's how I remember it getting intentionally added to the spell.

Aluriaz
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/05/2012 05:42 AM CDT
>>I just want to point out that this isn't a "bug", it's intended. It didn't happen when the spell was first released.

Wow, I had no idea! It just seemed so horrible to me that I thought it must be one of those unfixable bugs.

I'd much rather there be some other way of preventing abuse. Like, if you try to cast the spell within X seconds of releasing, it just fails.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/05/2012 07:23 AM CDT
I know there was one "bug" with the gauntlet revolving around shadow servants, but not sure whether that would be something they'd have to fix with whoever did the gauntlet, or with the "pet" or "servent" folks. Anyway, the person managed to kill all the opponents <critters> in the arena, in the gauntlet, but didn't get credit because the servant counted as a critter. And then lost stuff that was inside the servant because he had to release it to be allowed out of the arena.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/05/2012 04:06 PM CDT
Its not much of a fix in my view, if it is indeed a fix, since the servant is released without risk of item loss, when the player leaves the game.
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/10/2012 10:58 PM CDT
One thing that I would find EXTREMELY helpful is if shadow servants could follow moon mages into the junkyard. I have on more than one occasion accidentally sent myself there because I was holding a bunch of supplies and asked for a bag that put me over 500, and usually not by much. Would be so much better if I could just give the bag back to the servant instead of having do throw my herbs or whatever away.

Thanks. :)

>nib eiy arm
You raise your arm up to your face and nibble on it.
>rub my left arm
Your left arm seems to be missing.
>lick eiy
You lick your lips.
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/10/2012 11:22 PM CDT
if you type Inv Check you can get a total before getting the bag from your servant. I've had to do this with my trader when selling bundles to make sure i don't go over the total as well.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Shadow servant accepting 08/10/2012 11:26 PM CDT
I do inv check every time. It's not exact.

>nib eiy arm
You raise your arm up to your face and nibble on it.
>rub my left arm
Your left arm seems to be missing.
>lick eiy
You lick your lips.