Debilitation Training 12/21/2017 11:50 AM CST
As a recently returned Moonie, does anyone have any tips on training debilitation post 200?

I can train my TM on creatures, but my debil will not move and my debil is below my TM. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Terl
Re: Debilitation Training 12/21/2017 12:15 PM CST
I think your and the critter's SvS stats are factored into the "difficulty" of casting a spell against them, unlike (AFAIK) all other types of combat training being purely skill based, so it's sometimes hard to train debilitation if your stats are "too good" for whatever critter you're up against.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Debilitation Training 12/21/2017 12:41 PM CST
>As a recently returned Moonie, does anyone have any tips on training debilitation post 200?

Appraise <creature> Careful and look at the last line to make sure your target is challenging your debilitation skill. TM and Debil train like weapons now so you'll need to cast those spells on targets that challenge your skill.

(If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train very poorly.)

What'll probably work best is facing the first target, casting a debilitation spell on it, FACE NEXT, cast your debil spell, FACE NEXT, cast your debil spell, etc up to your engagement cap. If the debilitation effect hasn't worn off the first target, wait until it does, and then complete the loop again. I usually cast debil, cast tm, face next, cast tm, cast debil, face next etc and train them both at the same time - the added time for TM targeting usually allows enough time for the original debilitation to wear off and offers the creatures a small window of recovery so they last longer.

Alternatively if your character uses sorcery you could invoke a Phelim's Sanction or Demriss' Resolve scroll for AOE EZ debilitation experience. Unforunately our AOE debil (Mind Shout)'s timer is so long it's not suitable for training.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Debilitation Training 12/22/2017 07:49 PM CST
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Re: Debilitation Training 01/16/2018 11:38 AM CST
I didn't see this before I asked a similar question in the general discussions. I will say after about 200 ranks Debil training is really awful on a moon mage.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Debilitation Training 02/16/2018 09:21 PM CST
DMRS. i find sorcery the best way to train debilitation.