most accurate TM spell 06/10/2016 01:41 AM CDT
is there such thing as a most accurate TM spell for moonmages? obviously, burn spell functions differently than our other spells. but what about pd, tkt, tks, do?
Re: most accurate TM spell 06/10/2016 09:16 PM CDT
All stabdard single target TM spells are identical beyond damage profiles and difficulty.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: most accurate TM spell 12/04/2016 12:34 PM CST
In all my experience i've found some spells to be more accurate than others. They all are unique imho but obviously burn shines due to the death from above mechanic and TKT at its cap is more accurate than PD or DO due to its multi shot mechanic. Which is fitting if you are using yavash slivers fire damage to ignite naphtha but you will tend to do little damage if only 1 or 2 hits land, especially if they hit a different area on the body. For plain TM CRS was by far the most accurate when it was around beating out PD easily. Now PD and DO are probably pretty close overall, but for most DO will be a better option because of its ease to cast and high circle it will be much better using PD for its armor bypassing. I imagine that ignoring armor is going to be the best bet in most situations where you are on the cusp of missing and any damage you did do would be erased by armor or barriers.

As for SLS, I love it but its accuracy is kind of quirky in relation to barriers. In general its accuracy is good for training, even hunting up if you are using crowd control it has been amazing over the years for its damage and accuracy. But its performance varies widely against magical barriers. If you have REND you can negate the issue entirely however, because from what I have seen its hard to beat vs an unprotected target. Especially if you can land Crowd Control. But lets face it, if you can successfully REND a target you can Crowd Control them and any TM you have will do the job at that point.(If you have TM on par with Debilitation)

With that said, if you are trying to land a hit on something that is out of your range using a TM prediction and cannot rely upon debilitation I'd go with burn. If you can't cast burn its hard to say what is the best substitute but i'm leaning towards DO unless you can cap PD for the reasons above. Although TKT is accurate, its really only going to shine when you can land good or better with at least 3 of the hits which is hard to manage on a target nearly out of your range. And a non capped PD might be less accurate than a capped DO cast.

I think also there are some hidden quirks that make some spells more likely to crit. DO seems to land decapitations along with other very severe injuries more often than not. PD has some nasty critical hits, but they seem to be less frequent over all. This is all imho obviously.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"