Contingency 12/08/2010 11:50 PM CST
Does the spell's proc rate (speed specifically) change with the mana put in it, or just the duration?
Re: Contingency 12/09/2010 08:15 AM CST
<<Does the spell's proc rate (speed specifically) change with the mana put in it

Yes.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Contingency 12/12/2010 12:55 PM CST
><<Does the spell's proc rate (speed specifically) change with the mana put in it

>Yes.

I very much doubt this, given the way DR mechanics work in general. My understanding was, the chance of success and duration went up with mana, not 'proc rate'.

Granted, I've never tested this. I'd love to use this spell, but I hunt armadillos...

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Contingency 12/13/2010 12:28 PM CST
<<I very much doubt this, given the way DR mechanics work in general. My understanding was, the chance of success and duration went up with mana, not 'proc rate'.

I definitely notice a greater speed with more mana put into it, but I will grant that it might simply be chance of success. But my bet is still with increase proc rate similar to Shadow Servants where more mana increases the movement pulse rate, or Faenella's Grace where more mana increases the teaching pulse rate, or Starlight Sphere where choice of constellation increase the attack pulse rate, etc. I.e. there is precedent.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Contingency 12/16/2010 01:34 PM CST
I vaguely remember a redname stating that it quickens the rate at which the "are you stunned, yet?" check occurs. But it wasn't any of our current gms so it was so long ago my memory is kinda fuzzy about it.

As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton