(Back)training weapons 12/01/2009 01:09 PM CST
I've been backtraining a few weapons, and anecdotally it seems that dazzling before attacking (with my bow specifically) lowers bits received. Is this true, or am I totally off base?

On another note, I'm a little curious as to how many prime players have gotten the 'death dealer' title?

Gungan says, "Congratulations you have broken the game. This means you have won Dragonrealms."

Gungan says, "Please reroll and play again."
Re: (Back)training weapons 12/01/2009 01:17 PM CST
>>I've been backtraining a few weapons, and anecdotally it seems that dazzling before attacking (with my bow specifically) lowers bits received. Is this true, or am I totally off base?

Yeap. WAD(working as designed). Boosting yourself does not result in a learning penalty. Lowering the difficulty does.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: (Back)training weapons 12/01/2009 01:27 PM CST
If you know it, I think Tezirah's Veil doesn't reduce weapon learning while still making them easier to hit. It might slow defense learning down a tad because it indirectly reduces their offense factor, but its still way more learning than when they're stunned most of the time.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: (Back)training weapons 12/01/2009 03:58 PM CST
I don't believe stuns reduce weapon exp. I thought web and immobilize/sleep did. My understanding was that stun slows the exp for hiding, but didn't total nerf it after Zeyurn's last change. The stun "hit" is nothing more than balance supposedly, so it'd be ridiculous to take an exp weapon hit on top of that.

TV definitely hurts hiding exp though, not sure on combats.
Re: (Back)training weapons 12/01/2009 07:19 PM CST
TV reduces learning.
Re: (Back)training weapons 12/02/2009 12:00 PM CST
>I don't believe stuns reduce weapon exp. I thought web and immobilize/sleep did. My understanding was that stun slows the exp for hiding

This is my understanding as well.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: (Back)training weapons 12/20/2009 10:40 PM CST
Late to this, but stuns do not reduce weapons learning - if they did it'd make hunting nearly impossible.