Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 12:07 AM CDT
Reexa, Obseden, and everyone else involved--you guys hit a grand slam.

I was thrilled that the events leading up to the release put Empaths in a central role, even if it did kind of fizzle out towards the end (but I can understand that due to the crashes and the length of time it was taking).

The new province is awesome, and our new guildhall is incredible. I'm glad I got to run into you in there, Reexa, and it was absolutely adorable how proud you are of the guild! But it's completely earned. Amazing work from top to bottom, every detail is perfect and gorgeous.

You guys deserve a huge amount of credit and appreciation for all the work you have done to keep the game moving forward, and keep empaths in the thick of things. Well done, and I for one am hugely grateful for your efforts!
Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 12:29 AM CDT
That guild is awesome. The place is expansive. I couldn't quite figure out the Mural, but I want to play around some more.

The secrets of the memory orb shall be mine.

~Purehand
Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 12:31 AM CDT
The mural went a little funky from all the fingers all at once, but it'll be returned as soon as Obseden gets a chance to take a look at it.

Glad y'all are having fun!

GM Reexa

Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 06:45 AM CDT
I absolutely adore the guild, but is there any way that the mana inside can be taken a look at? I'd hate to see it turn out unused like the one in Ratha because there are so many places with better mana.

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 08:34 AM CDT
The new guild is great, nicely done, the halls in the northern upstairs are spectacular, but whats up with those modest metal doors. Guild secrets or something. Anyways im glad i was able to return in time to witness this.

Surgeon Fomar Havashal of Therengia
Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 09:36 AM CDT
I'll be looking at the mural tonight...at work at the moment.

The mural and orb are two of the first things I coded for DR...I looked back at the code and went "What was I thinking?" I thought they worked, but there are easier way to do things :)

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 09:52 AM CDT
<<I absolutely adore the guild, but is there any way that the mana inside can be taken a look at?>>

There are limits to how high we can set certain places and there are a number of rooms in the guild that are already set quite high.

That being said, I'll take another look at it and see if I can "up" some of the lower spots.

GM Reexa

Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 09:55 AM CDT
<<whats up with those modest metal doors. Guild secrets or something.>>

No grand secret; those are premium housing doors in case anyone decides the like p5 enough to move in for a while.

GM Reexa

Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 10:38 AM CDT
Excellllent. Only, oh what, 60 more days before I'm eligible for a house again. The new guild hall is sweet though. The memory orb was spooky, apparently I've repressed a lot of bad memories.

And way to go with the events too, Empaths for the win.

(Now I just need to know if my Chirurgeon title suggestion is going to make it or if I should spent my premium points for it.)
Re: Love the new guild! 09/19/2006 01:11 PM CDT
Go to inner Hibarnhvidar. Wander around to the center of the city and then go all the way to the east - "eastern collonade" I think. There are some stairs around there. Climb those stairs, then continue east. When you can't go east any further, you've gone too far. I think just head back west one or two rooms, then north once and look for an emblem. It's through an arch/door/gate/something there.

Those are the directions Kaeta gave me, and I got there alright.

~Purehand
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 01:55 AM CDT
just one question about our guild, where's our guild leader?, not in the office that's for sure.. she helping in the war?

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 07:29 AM CDT
<<just one question about our guild, where's our guild leader?, not in the office that's for sure.. she helping in the war?>>

Hopefully, someone who had a chance to chat with K'Haaltekar during the events will come forward and share what they know...I know there were at least 40 folks present with him at various points during the day...

GM Reexa

Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 05:48 PM CDT
Wow, I just checked out the guild and it is fabulous! I went with my moon mage, so I couldn't look at the mana levels, but according to an empath I ran into they weren't terrible. I am jealous of the swimming pool area - it may not teach swimming very high, but at least it's a place to train that sixth survival, or for younger people to get some training in between classes. Very cool!
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 06:59 PM CDT
<<an empath I ran into they weren't terrible. >>

The lowest rooms were tweaked upward so they weren't horrible, but only those rooms. The rest will remain where they are.

GM Reexa

Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 08:17 PM CDT
I finally found the skiff so I'm on my way.

Where is the closest bar to the guild?

- Illcram The Evil Empath
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 09:25 PM CDT
sw, w, w, w, w, n, climb stair, n

~Purehand
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 09:45 PM CDT
>>Where is the closest bar to the guild?

The province is the home of the dwarves, where do you THINK the nearest bar is?
A: some dwarven yahoo's basement, where he keeps his personal stash, right next to the homebrew operation.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 09:52 PM CDT
I also wanted to chip in and say thank you. The guild's spectacular!

I'm spending waaaay too much time with the memory orb, though. I've spent a couple of hours touching the thing, and after 75 distinct messages I still haven't finished all the stories yet.

- Ogoh

>appraise horse
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with no weapon, you estimate that the black horse is something that'd kill you quickly.
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 10:16 PM CDT
>>I'm spending waaaay too much time with the memory orb, though.

heh... same here for me, I think Im down to ONE more snippit.... bloody randomizer!!!

Got Body Parts?
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 10:27 PM CDT
there it is... now to try to figure out the timeline and decipher if there is anything to really be 'learned' from it.

Got Body Parts?
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 10:40 PM CDT
Clearly they were thinking of Illcram. Just in case you couldn't make it between towns.

[Hawstkaal Road, Dense Forest]
A clump of firs stands at the top of a short rise. One tree in particular is marked with a yellow blaze, perhaps put there by one of the local trackers. Nearby is a pair of flat-topped stumps, cut off at an ideal height for them to serve as stools.
Obvious paths: north, southeast.

>l tree
There is a large oval opening in the trunk.

>l in tree
In the fir tree you see a sign and a weathered keg.

>r sign
A sign reads:
Black Tog Ale. Need a tankard or stein to fill up. 50 copper doks. Good ale. Don't waste on snakes.

~Purehand
Re: Love the new guild! 09/20/2006 11:17 PM CDT
<<I'm spending waaaay too much time with the memory orb, though>>

I love the orb, it's one of my favorite things ever. And I will say that one of the stories has tiny threads elsewhere in the province (and the guildhall) because I love when history (even game history) is dimensional and not just written in a book somewhere.

Have fun with it!

GM Reexa

Re: Love the new guild! 09/25/2006 01:16 PM CDT
How many different messages did you end up with from the orb? I've got 78 now...

Donalisa says to Gylee, "love stinks"

Margrethe says to Donalisa, "You should bury them further from your window, or upwind or something."
Re: Love the new guild! 09/25/2006 01:20 PM CDT
And wouldn't ya know, soon as I post I find another new one. 79!

Donalisa says to Gylee, "love stinks"

Margrethe says to Donalisa, "You should bury them further from your window, or upwind or something."
Re: Love the new guild! 09/25/2006 03:54 PM CDT
<<How many different messages did you end up with from the orb? I've got 78 now...>>

I've (literally) spent days touching that thing, and I'm up to 95.

Has anyone completed it yet? If so, how many chunks are there? I've polished off the yellow and violet sections, but am having real problems finishing the blue and cream ones. They might be done, but I'm not sure. I can read both legibly with the "gaps." I think I'm missing two lines (one in each), but for the life of me cannot get them to pop up. Unless there's a typo in the blue section, and the rules changed in the cream section I'm not done yet.

I hope the randomizer ends up being a little less random. I can almost quote the yellow story from memory.

- Ogoh

>appraise horse
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with no weapon, you estimate that the black horse is something that'd kill you quickly.
Re: Love the new guild! 09/25/2006 04:02 PM CDT
I finished the whole thing, and two of the messages didnt look like they went together based or how other snippits were joined, but based on punctuation I was able to decide they did go together (I think it was in the cream). They should soon be posted on the DRPlat.com webpage, along with spoiler warnings, for those that would prefer to decipher the memories themselves. Im gonna have to thwap Jauson about always taking months to post my additions <mutters>.

Got Body Parts?
Re: Love the new guild! 09/25/2006 04:45 PM CDT
<<but based on punctuation I was able to decide they did go together (I think it was in the cream).>>

It's the cream. I know exactly what you're talking about. That's one that I thought I was done with, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!

Now I just got to figure out my problem with the blue one. Anyone else have problems there? I've got two words beginning with a capital "R" ending with a semicolon that look like they should go together, but they're spelled differently (early in the story). Typo? Or am I missing a piece?

- Ogoh

>appraise horse
Re: Love the new guild! 09/25/2006 05:02 PM CDT
Did anybody notice any areas for foraging?

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: Love the new guild! 10/02/2006 03:04 PM CDT
>Did anybody notice any areas for foraging?

I've held off serious foraging around the new area until Olwydd has had a chance to modify the foraging database with the new city names and those items that were released last month. We've been emailing over the weekend, and I'm hoping that will be done sometime this week.
http://www.olwydd.org/herbs/forage.php

That being said, I believe all of the Empath guild is inside the main Hib. cavern, so although I'll go check it out when I go back through for foraging, I have a feeling there isn't any immediately in the guildhall. I have a feeling that right out the Hib east gate in the East Gate Park area will have some nice herbs, and also I found a few herbs on the Trabe Plateau where you 'go moongate' to head to the Moon Mage Guild. That one is a bit closer to our guild.

Kythryn