Obseden 08/26/2005 01:58 PM CDT
Nice to see you posting!

How's life on the rippling road? Got your sea legs yet?

: )

Re: Obseden 08/26/2005 02:00 PM CDT
Oh yeah, have had my sea legs for a while...

Now I just need to recover my land legs :)

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/15/2007 04:41 PM CDT
I just healed an completely incinerated body enough for raising in personally record time with absolutely no problem whatsoever, except dropping to the floor a time or two. Granted, I could have done it much faster if I'd gone in with a fully prepared blood staunch, but I was somewhat cautious.

If I had Regen high enough to be able to start working past damaging, I would have even LESS to complain about healing said completely disintegrated bodies.

Now then, the thanks.

Thank you. Because of a post of yours explaining how your script to heal others works, I wrote my own script based on that. I have as precise control as can be given over which body parts to heal, whether to take it fast, take it slow, take a little, take a lot, take it all, take all scars, take all freshs, all internals, all externals. My one complaint is that I only have 8 or 9 variables, and hence only 8 or 9 spots, but that's a limitation on Stormfront really.

PoKaeta

P.S., I actually have had the script for about a year, but it doesn't usually see disintegrated corpses. I wish people would stop departing as soon as they disintegrate, or just getting rejuve and those stupid wards. *mime scowl*

"Whatever, it's the end of the world. There's actually a Trader guild now. Bards are no longer useless. Empaths can finally stand up for themselves. We're all doomed."
- Vinjince
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/16/2007 02:42 AM CDT
>My one complaint is that I only have 8 or 9 variables, and hence only 8 or 9 spots, but that's a limitation on Stormfront really.

How does your script work? If it uses "shift" (no pun intended) to cycle through everything, you can put as many in as you'd like.

-Durnil
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/16/2007 01:47 PM CDT
>My one complaint is that I only have 8 or 9 variables, and hence only 8 or 9 spots, but that's a limitation on Stormfront really.

Yea, I'm a little confused as well. I have some scripts which utilize recursion and have well over 40 variables being accessed at any given time....

-Desperado Clemency Apollonia, Vagrant of Elanthia

SEND[Reexa] :::whine::: go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/17/2007 03:57 AM CDT
<<How does your script work? If it uses "shift" (no pun intended) to cycle through everything, you can put as many in as you'd like.>>

AIM me at KaetaDR, I'm not understanding that, you started spouting Greek in English class. Or at least that's what it felt like, I've never heard of shift anything in scripts.

PoKaeta

"Whatever, it's the end of the world. There's actually a Trader guild now. Bards are no longer useless. Empaths can finally stand up for themselves. We're all doomed."
- Vinjince
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/17/2007 09:01 AM CDT
Here's a short excerpt from my script, the pertinent part (anything after # is a comment in the post)

save %1 # Saves the patient's name
put touch %s
Next:
shift # moves the variables one to the left. So %2 becomes %1, %3 to %2, etc...
goto %1

h:
put take %s head
Wait
goto Next

hi:
put take %s head int
Wait
goto Next

etc...

I use the shortcuts based on the abbreviations of the letters. So "h" is head. "hi" is head internal. "rais" would be right arm internal scar, etc... I use allw, alli, alls and allis for external wounds, internal wounds, external scars and internal scars respectively.

Please note that this script is not automated. I don't just touch someone and it automatically takes. I actually touch the patient, and set up the transfers myself so I have greater control. My command line might look like:

.taket Patient h hi n ni ra la rl ll

This is not meant to be a definitive script. It's just (a portion) of the one I normally use. And it doesn't work in TF for obvious reasons. But, it does save me a lot of typing. I tried to use macros and it just didn't work, I much prefer my script :)

-GM Obseden
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/17/2007 09:06 AM CDT
Oh, yeah, meant to point out...

If you use the shift method, the script can actually handle more than 9 arguments. I've used up to 16 before with no problem.

However, though you wouldn't really run into the problem with this healing script, it is possible to overload the Wizard's script engine (not sure about SF or eScape). I accidentally crashed my Wizard when I tried to execute a script with around 50 arguments.

Not pretty.

-GM Obseden
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/17/2007 09:23 AM CDT
>>And it doesn't work in TF for obvious reasons

I'm oblivious, why would it not work in TF?

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/17/2007 10:15 AM CDT
Not in TF as an AFK script since it is written to be ATK.

-GM Obseden
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/17/2007 10:25 AM CDT
ah I see

Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/17/2007 12:10 PM CDT
>If you use the shift method, the script can actually handle more than 9 arguments.

Neat, I never knew this. It should probabaly be mentioned that you can't access more than the first nine until you issue a shift command. Although a utility routine to capture all your parameters into other variables would be pretty straightforward.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/18/2007 06:33 AM CDT
Thanks Obseden, now I need to rewrite part of it to make it even BETTER, because it's really irritating to have to use it 2 or 3 times because there's so many spots to heal.

<<I use allw, alli, alls and allis for external wounds, internal wounds, external scars and internal scars respectively.>>

When I wrote it, I used alle, for all external (fresh), but the other three are the same as I wrote in.

And yes, it's my primary script for healing people too.

PoKaeta

- Vinjince
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/18/2007 10:46 AM CDT
Yeah...at one point I tried to write a master-selfheal script that would cast the appropriate healing spells at an approximately correct difficulty to heal up.

It got to the point that it could handle all of the minor wounds (up to bleeding/bleeding-equivalent), but I never really went higher.

Mind you, I was working in the Wizard with the basic scripting engine, so some of the really nice things you can do in SF don't work. Like...I had to go through and handle each individual type of wound, at each body location, with each severity, separately.

Made for a long script. And it would lock my magics up tighter than anything, but it worked.

-GM Obseden
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/19/2007 03:42 AM CDT
<<Mind you, I was working in the Wizard with the basic scripting engine, so some of the really nice things you can do in SF don't work. Like...I had to go through and handle each individual type of wound, at each body location, with each severity, separately.

Made for a long script. And it would lock my magics up tighter than anything, but it worked.>>

Yeah, I've had some of the very few people I shared my autoheal2 script whine about how mine is about 100 Kb. Uses HW and HS, heals everything, goes back and makes SURE it healed everything. Locks magic really well, or did when I last used it, now that I'm in the mid/late 200s in PM and Harness, I'm usually just using Regen and using my third autoheal script to mop up left overs.

My Stormfront one that is NOT Wizard compatible is down to about 67 Kb, and I think I can get it down to 50 Kb.

PoKaeta
still haven't put in the shift stuff

- Vinjince
Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/19/2007 11:14 AM CDT
There's a trick I use in SF to reduce the size of huge scripts, possibly at the cost of making it a little slower when it runs, although I have never noticed this effect.

You can substitute variables for just about any line of a script, except label headers (e.g. label:). What I think a lot of people don't realize is that you can replace an entire line of script code with a variable.

This can really save a lot of space when you have a line that is repeated many times in the script. For example, for a healing script I imagine the following line occurs many times:

put heal

Instead of that, at the top of your script define a variable h:

setvariable h put heal

Then wherever you had "put heal" in your script, replace it with this:

%h

That saves six bytes every single time that line occurs. If it occurs 100 times in the script, you've shaved off more than half a K. And "put heal" is a very short example; for my Zoluren trading script I have a variable set for "waitforre /^Your .* caravan .* following you\.$/". That line occurs something like 200 times in the script, and replacing it with a variable reduced the size of the script by about 9K.

I don't use healing scripts myself, but you could do the same for all the match strings for the various wound severity strings. Set them to unique variables with short names at the top of the script, then put the tiny variable call in the match tables instead of the longer full text.

Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/19/2007 11:22 AM CDT
>My Stormfront one that is NOT Wizard compatible is down to about 67 Kb, and I think I can get it down to 50 Kb.

I bet if you substituted %m for match, %mr for matchre, and %mw for matchwait, you would cut off six or seven K at the least.

Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/19/2007 11:59 AM CDT
This is why I love Genie, between gosubs and actions my scripts are a very small fraction of the size that a SF script would be with the same functionality. Not to mention easier to write

Re: To Obseden, my lifesaver 07/19/2007 03:31 PM CDT
Gosubs are quite simple to set up in SF. I use them all the time in my scripts. Actions are triggers, right? That's the #1 thing I wish SF had, that and regular expression matches for highlights.

Obseden 12/25/2009 09:01 AM CST
This guy has to hold some sort of record for biggest backlog of projects (or is it backlog of biggest projects?) tying him to his old position from before the reorganization. There's something to be said for that sort of willingness to see things through despite various setbacks; you, sir, deserve a "Huzzah!".

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor