THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/24/2005 12:42 AM CDT
I want to take this moment and congradulate our lady Reexy for making the absolutely more horrid bridesmaid dress ever and winning that GM alteration contest!

Thats right Reexy! Show them all that Empaths will not only make THE ugliest bridesmaid dress...BUT I'd wear it!

*cheers Reexy*

~Villya

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
--Albert Einstein
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/24/2005 01:02 PM CDT
Yeah, I said it in the staff responses folder, I'll say it here too...I think she's going off of personal experience on that one :cackle:

Either that, or she did chorus in high school/middle school and wore something like that then...I remembr the women in middle school chorus referring to their dresses as "blueberry" dresses...it was so hilarious.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

You tap a pair of leather pants with a grey and a navy blue handkerchief stuffed in the right pocket that you are wearing.
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/24/2005 08:41 PM CDT
Thankfully, the bridesmaid dresses I've worn were chosen by the bridesmaids; we just had to agree on a pattern and go with whatever the color theme was.

But I've had nightmares...

And thanks for the congrats. It was a fun contest, and gave me something to work on at work while we're under an Internet ban. (mutters about the stupid virus)

GM Reexa

Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/25/2005 07:32 AM CDT
You know Reexa, you should thrash your IT department if that virus caught you... if your OS was up to date, it would have never happened. The virus that caught the news networks wasn't even that effective

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/25/2005 09:10 AM CDT
It got our servers too, although the only thing I think happened was we couldn't get e-mails from outside our system. But at a government relations firm, that's just about the most crucial thing. Thank god it happened during the August recess, otherwise it would have been a s-storm. They didn't even tell us anything was wrong until we called them and asked. I guess they were hoping we wouldn't notice or something. Hmm, I wonder if they would notice if we didn't pay them...

~Purehand <
hates his IT guys.
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/25/2005 03:07 PM CDT
>>hates his IT guys. ~Purehand

Hey!! Those are fightin words d00d! :-P

You tap a pair of leather pants with a grey and a navy blue handkerchief stuffed in the right pocket that you are wearing.
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/25/2005 05:02 PM CDT
I'd hate your IT guys too if they let viruses onto my network that could have been prevented Purehand :) Luckily I take patch management very seriously on my network and the virus didn't have a chance... although it tried really hard :)

Souv

Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/25/2005 05:44 PM CDT
We need one of you guys.

~Purehand
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/25/2005 08:27 PM CDT
Our IT guys are pretty good but they have a LOT of territory to cover (I work for a Johnson & Johnson company), so things sometimes get in before they get to it. Our computers are all getting stuff upgraded now, though, to be sure.

GM Reexa

Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/25/2005 09:26 PM CDT
>>I work for a Johnson & Johnson company

I like your baby shampoo, leaves my hair nice and shiney.

~Villya

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
--Albert Einstein
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/26/2005 01:27 AM CDT
<<I like your baby shampoo, leaves my hair nice and shiney.

coughshinycough

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Mole
_______
At 1.0000001 with the Universe
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/26/2005 07:11 AM CDT
automation is your friend... microsoft makes free products to help deploy their patches :)

Souv

Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/26/2005 08:39 AM CDT
Where I work.. If someone brings in a laptop.. We keep it until our techies look into it. If its clear, they tag it and it can come into the plant. If its not.. Sooo sorrry.. Get Out!!

Snicker

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@Play.net
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/26/2005 01:25 PM CDT
Gah, Pomae is in our forums! Everyone check your belongings and make sure nothing is missing.

~Purehand
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/26/2005 06:13 PM CDT
But where is Zad??!?! I want to hear from him too! I'm even thinking about posting off topic or something just to get a nudge..

IM: elavin rismel

Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/28/2005 08:11 AM CDT
Y'all are stuck with me! We all miss Zach and hopefully his endeavors will be good ones and his absence won't be long. Until his return, be nice! I come armed with SP (Smite Post!). --Arhia

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." --Mark Twain
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/28/2005 09:02 PM CDT
Le'gasp!

Moving stealthily, you manage to grab an origami-paper envelope right from underneath a sales clerk's very nose.
(Roundtime: 3 seconds.)

~Purehand
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/28/2005 09:10 PM CDT
Oh and anyone who hasn't seen the new tent..you have too..seriously.

~Villya

--Albert Einstein
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/28/2005 09:15 PM CDT
The fest is still going on?

Moving stealthily, you manage to grab an origami-paper envelope right from underneath a sales clerk's very nose.
(Roundtime: 3 seconds.)

~Purehand
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/28/2005 09:34 PM CDT
Yes, we're apparently going to have to rename it to The Circle Fest, because it's never going to end...

This is the fest that never ends,
there's lots of stuff in here, my friends,
uhh, a little help here?

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/28/2005 09:38 PM CDT
>> uhh, a little help here?

This is the fest that never ends
Yes, it goes on and on my friendss
Some merchants started selling stuff not knowing what it was
And they'll continue selling stuff forever just because...

Rev. Reene, player of a few
"Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie." - Mae West
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/29/2005 01:05 AM CDT
>get sciss
You get a pair of blunt-bladed mortician's scissors with stained tips from inside your chirurgeon's coat.
>
>wave sciss
You wave your mortician's scissors around.

Bwahahaha..

Oh..and for the hundreads of RP alchemists out there..

You tap an olive-green oilcloth alchemist's haversack with a black iron clasp that you are holding.
>open hav
You open the loose flap of your alchemist's haversack.
>rummage hav
You rummage through an olive-green oilcloth alchemist's haversack with a black iron clasp and see a blackened steel key with a flame-shaped grip, a heavy glass pestle, a stained ceramic mortar, a gouged piece of flint, a glass mixing stick, a glass tincture jar, an alchemist's glass beaker marked with white lines, an alchemist's unlonchai bucket with a corroded copper handle, a soot-streaked portable stove and an alchemist's laboratory notebook bound in grey suede.
>

~Villya

--Albert Einstein
Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/29/2005 07:11 AM CDT
>>You tap an olive-green oilcloth alchemist's haversack with a black iron clasp that you are holding.
>open hav
You open the loose flap of your alchemist's haversack.
>rummage hav
You rummage through an olive-green oilcloth alchemist's haversack with a black iron clasp and see a blackened steel key with a flame-shaped grip, a heavy glass pestle, a stained ceramic mortar, a gouged piece of flint, a glass mixing stick, a glass tincture jar, an alchemist's glass beaker marked with white lines, an alchemist's unlonchai bucket with a corroded copper handle, a soot-streaked portable stove and an alchemist's laboratory notebook bound in grey suede.<<

Does it come in blue?

Souv

Re: THE Ugliest Bridesmaid Dress! 08/29/2005 10:34 AM CDT
>And Purehand and Farman, I have something for both of you to try on ;-)

Rut roh.

~Purehand