Prev_page Previous 1
Reexa 06/28/2003 08:06 PM CDT
Well instead of doing my work at work today I planned out a few posts to make, one of them being an extensive list of things that have made me really happy lately. Of course I come home to find that basically everything on the list has already been covered by someone else. <mutter>

However two things which were on my list which no one else seemed to mention.

1) An empath liaison who is actually communicating and doing a great job of answering our questions and just plain putting up with us. It's great to know that someone on the 'inside' is listening, and willing to do her best to keep us informed.

2) On a similar note, probably the single best thing that's happened lately is that recent releases are things that have been suggested by us, the players. It really, finally feels like we're being listened to. (This feeling is probably partially responsible for the amount of posting I've been doing lately.) The transference name change, getting empaths more involved in combat mechanics, these are things empaths have been requesting for so long. It's great to see them happen.

~Y

Ever wonder about those Elotheans? Check out the library at:
http://www.bakshiloa.com
Re: Reexa 06/29/2003 08:04 AM CDT
Great post. I couldn't have said it better myself. ::curtsy Reexa:: You are doing a great job. Suggestions or concerns that other empath's have had are alway's addressed and paid attention to. Great to know everyone's voices do matter.

Elizabella
Re: Reexa 06/29/2003 10:27 AM CDT
I <3 Reexa, Nuff Said. <Snuggles>

~Villya

"There are no 'Street-working women' in DR and that is not a term that is permitted here."
Reexa, about Music... 08/19/2003 12:08 PM CDT
Seeing Deryka's post about wanting to make Musical Theory bard only ASAP, should we operate on the assumption that there will be no Empath-based music skills and place them wherever we like? I think I may have read this somewhere, but want to be certain before I do anything irreversible.

Former Empath Shaunn
Re: Reexa, about Music... 08/19/2003 12:48 PM CDT
Thanks Shaunn,

I just sent of an email asking the same thing. The last post directed to Empaths and Traders said to hold off until we got our new Lore Reqs, and that's what I've done. I don't like sitting in limbo though, not being able to learn music at all while it's being decided.

Hopefully Reexa will be able to clear this issue up.

Xochi
Re: Reexa, about Music... 08/19/2003 06:18 PM CDT
<<Hopefully Reexa will be able to clear this issue up.>>

Consulting with the powers that be. Will let you know what's up as soon as I do.

GM Reexa

I Eat Cannibal
To Reexa with love 12/23/2003 07:31 PM CST
I have only just recently started reading the boards again and I see you doing a lot of posting about updates and thoughts on the guild and I'd like to tell you it is appreciated. I know its busy work doing your GM duties and sorting through all these posts on the empath boards.

Now.. if you'd only respond to my post about the reqs in the General Discussion folder.. <wink>

Posted by "that Healer of Doom, The Empath of Destruction! Yazegi!"
Re: To Reexa with love 12/24/2003 11:55 AM CST
Now like I'va always asked, was that GURU or GRUE

No good deed goes un-punished!
Hey Reexa, check this out 12/24/2003 02:01 PM CST
On the cover of this month's Redbook is our favorite 80's rock star, bon jovi! He's got a heartfelt interview about his marriage too! Check it out!

Mea mihi conscientia pluris est quam omnium sermo. Circero, Letters to Atticus XII.28.2

The Order of Medica-
http://www.medicaorder.com
Re: To Reexa with love 12/24/2003 02:37 PM CST
>> Now like I'va always asked, was that GURU or GRUE

Hahaha! I wonder how many people actually got that :P

- Player of Miki & Cael

Are you on the list?
http://members.socket.net/~cjolliff/reene/stupid.txt
Re: To Reexa with love 12/25/2003 05:00 PM CST

>>Hahaha! I wonder how many people actually got that :P

I do!! hehe

It is dark. You are likly to be eaten by a grue. (Or Guru as the case may be)

Melien, wandering empath.
Re: To Reexa with love 12/25/2003 05:01 PM CST
Wow! I would have thought you all were too young for Zork. I loved those games.
Re: To Reexa with love 12/25/2003 05:38 PM CST
I actually still have them...but they won't play on my computer anymore cause it doesn't recognize DOS v6.0 or above hehe only 3-5...need to get an antique just to play them.

Melien, wandering empath

PS to stay on topic Reexa, your doing a great job with communication and stuff it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Re: To Reexa with love 12/25/2003 07:01 PM CST
>
>Hahaha! I wonder how many people actually got that :P

Heehee! I got it! Does that make me an old fogey?

Love you Reexa!

- Gwynfydedig
Re: To Reexa with love 12/25/2003 07:15 PM CST
Well I'm not that old...I'm just a geek that happens to like that sort of thing.

And I have deep respect for the gru...Er, Guru as well. Oh yes.

- Player of Miki & Cael

Are you on the list?
http://members.socket.net/~cjolliff/reene/stupid.txt
Re: To Reexa with love 12/26/2003 10:58 AM CST
heck, i still remember playing pong in college.

-ancient-

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: To Reexa with love 12/26/2003 12:50 PM CST
>heck, i still remember playing pong in college.

OK... before clicking on this link, make sure you have visited a restroom recently and are sitting down where you won't hurt yourself when you fall over laughing hysterically:

Today's children review classic video games:
http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1338730,00.asp

Excerpt:
>Tim: My line is so beating the heck out of your stupid line. Fear my pink line. You have no chance. I am the undisputed lord of virtual tennis. [Misses ball] Whoops.
Re: To Reexa with love 12/26/2003 04:57 PM CST
>> heck, i still remember playing pong in college.

I still do. (amazing what a bit of VB knowledge can do)

I also have a lovely t-shirt that says "REAL men play PONG" in big letters. Charming. :)

- Player of Miki & Cael

Westryl turns to face you.
Westryl appears to be aiming at you with his complicated spoon.
Reexa and Jzara 04/30/2004 08:00 PM CDT
I <3 you both!

Random sidenote: There is a Sophrona walking around the realms now. A friend said he saw her walking around the Crossing. Is that possible?

Raudhan,
Battle Empath

Lionjester says, "still, was funny when da empath slapped da warrior 'king'"
Krumbard says, "Good old Raud"
Lionjester says, "and Yhaman cudnt do a thing bout it"
Krumbard says, "She's got bigger yaks than the Mayor"
Re: Reexa and Jzara 04/30/2004 08:57 PM CDT
>Random sidenote: There is a Sophrona walking around the realms now. A friend said he saw her walking around the Crossing. Is that possible?

Also here: Beast Sophrona.

Stringpuller of Raydell, et al

"It's not the Sais that counts..." ~Swordswallower's saying.

"...I'll make thee eat iron like an ostrich, and swallow my sword like a great pin, ere thou an I part." ~Cade, from King Henry VI
Re: Reexa and Jzara 05/01/2004 01:47 AM CDT
>Random sidenote: There is a Sophrona walking around the realms now. A friend said he saw her walking around the Crossing. Is that possible?

She walked - and back to the character manager she goes. There is nothing unusual or bazaar about that. Your character name doesn't go away even if you delete it, unless it's been so long that the very occasional character wipes erases it.

Xochi
Re: Reexa and Jzara 05/01/2004 08:09 AM CDT
> She walked - and back to the character manager she goes. There is nothing unusual or bazaar about that. [Xochi]

I was more concerned about it being someone else who saw her walk and decided to take her name.

Doesn't bother me if it's the same person with the name.

Raudhan,
Battle Empath

Lionjester says, "still, was funny when da empath slapped da warrior 'king'"
Krumbard says, "Good old Raud"
Lionjester says, "and Yhaman cudnt do a thing bout it"
Krumbard says, "She's got bigger yaks than the Mayor"
Re: Reexa and Jzara 05/03/2004 12:19 PM CDT
>I was more concerned about it being someone else who saw her walk and decided to take her name.

Quite a few people I have known who have walked have intentionally re-made their character just ot hold the name. Often they dont even really play them, they just want to forestall doppelgangers.
Re: Ode to Obseden (and Reexa, Natala, Loriene and Towint) 08/24/2004 07:18 PM CDT
Eep! I meant to include you, I'm so sorry! It's fixed now.
Re: Ode to Obseden (and Reexa, Natala, Loriene and Towint) 08/24/2004 07:34 PM CDT
LOL!

I wasn't fishing, goose. Obseden and the others deserve all the poetry you care to write for them.

Even if Shaunn hides from it.

:D

GM Reexa

Re: Ode to Obseden (and Reexa, Natala, Loriene and Towint) 08/24/2004 07:40 PM CDT
Passionata's probably bucking for an Ode Day, just don't let Solomon hear that she's done it.

Shaunn's Player
Re: Ode to Obseden (and Reexa, Natala, Loriene and Towint) 08/25/2004 06:51 AM CDT
I definately wanna third the motion to have a default speed be able to be set. Right now all my scripts are set to fast, but I'd like to be able to change as I see fit, especially without a search and replace option in stormfront

Souv

manipulate friendship maid
>
A bar maid is not interested in your manipulations at this time. Perhaps later...
Reexa! Reexa! 08/28/2004 02:20 PM CDT
::clears throat::
Opps, I suck. Did first one wrong...ignore that Ye-Who-Read-Deletes.

<<Obseden and the others deserve all the poetry you care to write for them.>>

Yes yes. And Pass puts Barrett-Browning to shame! ::cheers for Passionata::

So you are not left out, I'll find some nice Keats or Blake to borrow from for you, Reexa... Hmmm.. you know, like:

Reexa! Reexa! Liaison bright!
In the forums of this site,
What empath question or suggest
Could halt thy answer wise and best?

In what Empath tweak or bug,
Came the warmth of your hug?
On what guild dare you inspire?
What reader dare doubt you're on fire?

And what release, and what spell,
Could match the wisdom that you tell?
And when thy words began to spew,
What secrets? And what req's new?

Whose "I'm checking"? Whose "we'll see"?
Would ever please better than thee?
Only your "not now" or "soon"
Could ever make an empath swoon.

When Simu brought in Reexa dear,
And to the empaths let up a cheer,
Did they beam their work to see?
Did he who hired Smitty hire thee?

Reexa! Reexa! GMing bright!
In the forums of this site,
What joyful thanks or bickering,
Could the next posting bring?

There we go.

I think.

uh...

~unsigned

There is nothing wrong about looking good!
For shift options, visit http://home.sprintmail.com/~hopebuilt/index.html
Re: Reexa! Reexa! 08/28/2004 03:04 PM CDT
Wow, are you sure you aren't supposed to be a bard, Amo?

~ Britia
Re: Reexa! Reexa! 08/28/2004 06:47 PM CDT
:::blush:::

GM Reexa

Reexa 10/11/2004 10:31 PM CDT
I just wanted to thank you for the hard work you've done and continue to do for empaths. I know I harped on you about the reqs and everything but it was mostly just playing :) Thank you for the party you gave us in TF and for the wonderful gift. Thankfully it survived my corruption so I will be able to pass it on to someone so it doesn't get lost. Thank you for helping to get me fixed in Prime. Thank you for joking with us on the TF boards. I'm sure I left stuff out but basically thank you for being here. :)

-Skylar-

http://home.earthlink.net/~snowfair/fallenempaths/
Reexa 12/04/2004 11:52 PM CST
Thanks for all your help with the comedy night. It just wouldn't have been the same without your help.

In the end all things return to Chaos

For Shifts: http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/Shift.html
For Battle Empaths: http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/BattleEmpath.html
Reexa 12/10/2004 03:04 PM CST
I just want to say thank you for all the work you do with our guild.

Since I've started reading the posts in our forum, I've noticed that you take a positive, pro-active approach to our guild and its interworkings. It's not every day that you find someone that knows how to be pro-active, most people are re-active. This gives me great promise to know that even if things are coming "soon", I know they will get done.

I hope you and your family has a happy holiday season! I'll be enjoying decorating palm trees down here in Sunny Florida!

~Brady, player of Elavin Rismel
Re: Reexa 12/10/2004 06:49 PM CST
Thank you Brady, I appreciate the kind thoughts.

No Christmas tree for me this year; I decided I'm too busy to put it together again every day after work after the cats have climbed into it.

GM Reexa

Re: Reexa 12/10/2004 08:26 PM CST
Decorate the cats instead? ;)

In the end all things return to Chaos

For Shifts: http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/Shift.html
For Battle Empaths: http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/BattleEmpath.html
Re: Reexa 12/10/2004 10:19 PM CST
Heh, if she tried that the cats would decorate her, if you know what I mean. :)

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Reexa 12/10/2004 11:20 PM CST
>>No Christmas tree for me this year; I decided I'm too busy to put it together again every day after work after the cats have climbed into it.

You're the second person that's told me that today! That is just hilarious to hear that cats climb up these things. We never had that problem with our cat, but she would sit at the bottom and chew on all the limbs, pulling out the green fake stuff from around the wire. No lights on the bottom two rows and no ornaments...was the "cat zone" as we called it...made the tree look stupid, but always got a laugh!

Happy holidays! We get our Christmas tree next Wednesday..then my wife is going to make it look like a store window tree...you know the kind...doesn't look AT ALL like a traditional Christmas tree with lights and ornaments, it's a theme tree. I can just see the checkbook draining as I think about it.

~Brady, player of Elavin Rismel
Re: Reexa 12/11/2004 12:19 AM CST
I guess my cat is strange.. doesn't mess with the tree. He does have a thing for laying on papers if you're holding them or they're near you and he seems to like black. Lay something black down and thats where he sleeps and he only watches TV if its erotica.

'Give me rum or give you death!' - Yazegi
Re: Reexa 12/11/2004 08:48 AM CST
My boy kitty also eats ribbon and cellophane. Not just chews it, but fully eats it til it makes him sick and then goes back for more. Love him dearly but he's not the brightest star in the sky...

Uhm ya...so thanks for the holiday wishes! :::Pulls the topic back on track before Zachias moves her.:::

GM Reexa

Re: Reexa 12/11/2004 03:26 PM CST
My cat just licks plastic bags everytime I come home with groceries or something. Talked to the vet, apparently it's because he's lacking some obscure protein in his diet and that I should really start going to a real doctor for my checkups or something like that. I dunno, wasn't really listening.

It was the empath. In the library. With the bone-crushing claymore.

~Purehand
Prev_page Previous 1