More Empath Spell Ideas 05/01/2018 06:45 AM CDT

LAMBL's spell ideas got me thinking what kind of things I think would be need for Empaths. Plus I can't sleep.

Spell Name: Blunt the Blade
Type: battle / augmentation
Valid Spell Target: Self
Duration: 10 - 40 minutes
Effect: Blunt the Blade reduces all of the Empath’s held weapon damage stats to no (0) damage.
Reasoning: I think it would be great if Empaths had a better way to work weapons and tactics on the living besides bob, weave, circle, and shove. Would weapons still train on a successful attack that did zero damage?

Spell Name: Feign Wounds
Type: battle / augmentation, utility
Valid Spell Target: Self, Creature
Duration: 2-10 minutes
Effect 1 (Self): The opposite of the Compel Spell. This tricks creatures into thinking the Empath is grievously wounded and ripe for an easy kill. It’s a taunt.
Effect 2 (Creature): This spell can be cast on a creature in an attempt to get GS or other manipulated creatures to focus attacking it.
Reasoning for effect 1: Empaths have a strong understanding of wounds and being injured. I think they could fake being injured with that knowledge and tank for GS or others if needed.
Reasoning for effect 2: I want it.

Other things: Would it be possible to give GS some way to use bows or crossbows? I like the idea of using the Feign Wounds spell while my GS rains down arrows.