Stuck on 2 shift issues 10/15/2017 03:09 PM CDT
To the more experienced shifters..
Is there a cap to hit in order to shift height, body type or hair streaks?

My char can shift other options, such as face, nose, eye color & shape, heck even beard lines but I can not for the life of me do height, body or streaks.

50th circle, Empathy: 277, Scholarship: 249

Any suggestions, within reason of course :)
Re: Stuck on 2 shift issues 10/15/2017 10:38 PM CDT
>>Arkas: Is there a cap to hit in order to shift height, body type or hair streaks? My char can shift other options, such as face, nose, eye color & shape, heck even beard lines but I can not for the life of me do height, body or streaks.

For every feature, there are basically two "stages" of shifting difficulty.

The first is whether it appears in your option menu at all. The primary factor is empathy, but scholarship and appraisal also play a role in determining which options are available to you. Moreover, I recall that options that were most similar to my original features were the first to appear in my option list. (For example, my Empath originally had jade eyes, so when she was just beginning to be able to shift eye color, the green shades appeared first.)

I didn't collect data on when different options became available to me, but I had the following ranks when the age shift (the most difficult option) appeared in my menu:
Empathy: 457
Scholarship: 461
Appraisal: 372
Mechanical Lore: 217 (Mechanical Lore used to factor into shifting but no longer does.)

Once you have a feature in your menu, it is at least theoretically possible for you to complete that shift. However, if the feature is on the cusp of your ability, factors like charisma and race can make a shift easier or harder to perform. (Members of your own race seem to be easier to shift.)

As your ranks in empathy, scholarship, and appraisal grow, the secondary difficulty factors become less of an issue until you are so skilled that they are practically irrelevant.

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Empath new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_new_player_guide

Empath hunting ladder: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_hunting_ladder