Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 01:50 PM CST
I recently returned to the game. I play an empath. I shifted an alt with her, somewhere away from sight.

Since I wasn't around for the recent empath guild upheavals I had no idea it was against the law now, and enforced!! Which is fine, but I don't typically play criminal minded characters, so I'm kinda stuck.

I'm trying to figure out roughly how long I should wait until I can get back into my vault without auto being thrown into jail. I get it if it's a secret... But if anyone could throw me a hint that would be incredibly awesome.

My main concern is that if I don't know a rough estimate of how long to wait, I'll keep checking and resetting it and thus never let the social outrage die down. My empath is a generally well dressed lady, not being able to get a chance of clothes is a travesty! Gasp!!

Thanks,
player of Ryshassa
Re: Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 01:56 PM CST
I've gotten social corruption (on non-necros they don't call it outrage) before too. I took me at least a couple hours for it to die down. I may have been aggravating it a little during that time too.

A way to check without getting arrested is to go to the band in Dirge because it'll still you if you're still corrupted, but don't have the police force to do anything about it.
Re: Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 02:03 PM CST
>>I'm trying to figure out roughly how long I should wait until I can get back into my vault without auto being thrown into jail. I get it if it's a secret... But if anyone could throw me a hint that would be incredibly awesome.

Not that secret.

As long as you stay out of trouble (which includes trying to use in-justice-area systems while you are in trouble) it should only take a few hours to a day to be fine. Social outrage/corruption isn't not that bad for non-Necromancers.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 02:05 PM CST
>>A way to check without getting arrested is to go to the bank [sic] in Dirge because it'll still you if you're still corrupted, but don't have the police force to do anything about it.

Wouldn't this still get you a criminal charge and reset/increase the timer?

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 02:21 PM CST
Thanks for the terminology correction and reassurances!!

Does the couple hours-ish wait have to be logged-in time? I'm assuming yes but just makin' sure.

I've also been trying to test it with the alt I shifted (she was a lil empath. Also has some social corruption as a result!) but I've waited a couple hours only for her to get caught all over again. Probably tried 4-5 times with her by now. I figure circle/stats have a little to do with it too? Cause poor girl is starting to think between 'life of crime' and 'moving to Ilithi'. :)

- player of Ryshassa
Re: Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 02:26 PM CST
>>Does the couple hours-ish wait have to be logged-in time?

Pretty sure this is the case.

>>poor girl is starting to think between 'life of crime' and 'moving to Ilithi'

I might be wrong, and you might just be joking, but IIRC Social Corruption works like Social Outrage, so moving to another province doesn't shake it off. So fair warning that if you get in a bunch of trouble in Zoluren that causes Social Outrage, moving to Qi won't save you.

Re: Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 04:09 PM CST
>Wouldn't this still get you a criminal charge and reset/increase the timer?

No charge: they just can't inforce anything up there. They've got no jail and it's not tied to Crossing. Fortunantly, they won't kill you like they do with theives. It just might reset the timer though. I spent a long time outside of town.
Re: Oops... Shifted in a justice area by accident. 02/05/2013 10:33 PM CST
>Since I wasn't around for the recent empath guild upheavals I had no idea it was against the law now, and enforced!!

Not in Shard :) Come say hello to the free empath province!