What happened? 06/23/2012 05:55 PM CDT

Sorry for the double post, was shifting someone and it didn't quite work out. I don't think I did anything wrong, all of the messaging seemed normal, and after it finished I had the shift timer, but when it was over nothing changed. Any idea what might have happened?

Look at guy I'm shifting:
He has an oval face, tilted almond-shaped blue eyes and a classical nose. He is bald, with smooth skin and a fat build.

> shift (patient) eye shape absent
Gathering what strength you can, you focus your thoughts on altering (patient's) eye shape, and with a slight jerk, you notice him noticing your efforts.
>

(however much time passes while the shifting seems to be going just fine)

You feel the link between you and (patient) suddenly fade away. You fall over, feeling the ability to alter others' features slip from your grasp. You turn toward him and notice that his appearance has changed.

Look at guy I just shifted:
He has an oval face, tilted almond-shaped blue eyes and a classical nose. He is bald, with smooth skin and a fat build.
Re: What happened? 06/23/2012 05:56 PM CDT
SIde note I also had issues trying to remove slightly pointed ears - standard said "but so and so already has slightly pointed ears!" and original did absolutely nothing.
Re: What happened? 06/24/2012 02:01 AM CDT
Just a guess on my part, but I'd guess this is a character from the new Character Manager. So Original would be what ever they came out of the character manager with. That may also be the problem with using Absent, though technically that should work to remove any shape at all. I'd recommend assisting with that person present, because if it is a Character Manager issue it will be a difficult fix.

Mordibar
Re: What happened? 06/24/2012 02:11 AM CDT

The character I shifted didn't want to cause a fuss and said it was no big deal. He was one of the new ones, and wanted a simpler look. I'm -pretty- sure I've shifted other new model characters to absent without any problem, and I know I've changed the look just fine. And you're right original would be original, but I used eye shape absent.

My Empath is still a little smallish and sort of new to shifting. If you happen to fail a shift you feel the link slip away, right? Or can you fail to even notice it fall?
Re: What happened? 06/27/2012 05:26 AM CDT
If the shift finishes and you get the messaging that they look different then the shift should have completed correctly and there is a bug somewhere, possibly with that character. They could wait and try again later but its likely to have the same outcome.

Mordibar
Re: What happened? 06/27/2012 05:20 PM CDT

Ok, did a little more testing and it seems that new character manager Elotheans have somewhat buggy eyes. It's worked fine on new manager S'kra, leaving their eyes slitted and with an absent shape, also fine with older Elotheans, ending up with thick-lashed almond-shaped eyes.

We started off with tilted almond-shaped silver eyes, had a couple Empaths try to shift them absent with all the proper sucess messages but no change. Tried shifting other areas and they worked fine. When I tried changing the eye shape to thick-lashed, it worked but did away with both the tilted and the almond-shaped part. After this, I could shift her to have just silver eyes, which I don't think is right for an Elothean. I put the almond-shaped back on her after the fact, and it did accomplish the goal of getting rid of the tilted part, but there were a few hoops to jump through to get there that seem pretty unrelated.

I assisted IG and was told it was probably a quirk and to post and see if maybe Melete had any better info.
Re: What happened? 06/28/2012 11:10 AM CDT
I'm looking into this problem with Elothean eyes. I thought they had to have that kind of eye shape, as you saw with the old style Elotheans. It's certainly possible that something went wonky during the CM changes. I'll look into it and see what I can find out. The features system isn't, as they say, intuitive and easy-to-navigate, unfortunately.

Melete

My old clock used to tell the time
and subdivide diurnity;
but now it's lost both hands and chime
and only tells eternity.