Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Racial Shifting 06/05/2010 08:43 PM CDT
<<I don't want to give you the impression I'm frustrated or anything. This has been a huge year for Empaths, and I hope you'll agree with me that it's been a very positive one too.>>

I've just come back to the game after a 2 year hiatus and I was awestruck by some of the new things we've gotten. I LOVE the constructs and I LOVE paralyze. Finally I can put my years of listening to weapon and tm classes to use. Now if I can just get people to stop dying when they hunt with me thinking 'if an empath can do it so can I'.

Great changes so far really. Make me happy to be an empath again. Hearing there is more to come is icing on the cake.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Racial Shifting 06/05/2010 09:00 PM CDT
All I have to say about empath progress this year:

Showing Weapon skills with field experience.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Light Edged: XXX 19% mind lock (34/34)
Medium Edged: XXX 11% mind lock (34/34)
Heavy Edged: XXX 15% mind lock (34/34)
Twohanded Edged: XXX 44% mind lock (34/34)
Light Blunt: XXX 65% mind lock (34/34)
Medium Blunt: XXX 37% mind lock (34/34)
Heavy Blunt: XXX 20% mind lock (34/34)
Twohanded Blunt: XXX 37% mind lock (34/34)
Short Staff: XXX 56% mind lock (34/34)
Quarter Staff: XXX 16% mind lock (34/34)
Pikes: XXX 07% mind lock (34/34)
Halberds: XXX 50% mind lock (34/34)

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Racial Shifting 06/05/2010 09:20 PM CDT
>2) Empath Sects.

Just spent an hour trying to find the old posts on this, but awhile back (maybe 2007 or 2008?), there was a really good post made by...Karthor? Purehand?...that set forth a proposal for empath sects. I remember it because there were 4 in the original post and I'd responded with an additional 'herbalist/alchemist' type one. IIRC, it sparked a fairly lengthy reply string.

Hopefully the original poster has a copy and can re-post it, or someone with more patience can go through cached files for it. It was a well received proposal by us board monkeys though, and had some good ideas that hit the mark on a number of paths that empaths tend to migrate towards naturally.

Personally, I'd still like to see an Empath sect system in place, although I do remember thinking I'd have a hard time choosing just one from the proposal. Like many empaths, I wear more than one hat!

Kythryn
Re: Racial Shifting 06/05/2010 09:24 PM CDT
Wasn't me I'm afraid.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Racial Shifting 06/05/2010 09:42 PM CDT
I've never made such a suggestion, either...it might have been Szrael's suggestion if you're thinking of what I think you might be. I'll have to ponder a bit though, maybe I can scrape together some ideas along that line.

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page