TIPS? 05/04/2017 02:23 PM CDT

What is considered a fair tip these days?
Re: TIPS? 05/04/2017 02:24 PM CDT
On most of my characters I tip a decent portion of whatever a full bundle of whatever i'm currently hunting is worth.
Re: TIPS? 05/04/2017 02:51 PM CDT
So we are talking 10+ plats per heal?
Re: TIPS? 05/04/2017 02:57 PM CDT
>>So we are talking 10+ plats per heal?

For me it varies by what the character actually hunts. My lowbies end up tipping handful of silvers or golds. My HLC's will tip handfuls of plats.

Think about what you earn over a given period of time and tip something that's appropriate for skipping all the time that the npc autohealers would waste.
Re: TIPS? 05/04/2017 03:01 PM CDT

When there was a professions healers association active, Isharon made a pretty awesome genie script for pricing. It is for the empath to set the price but you can get a general idea from it, if you are at all familiar with reading a script.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/PHA_Fee_Calculator_(script)

But, really, just offer what you can afford. A few gold for small wounds, a few plat for obliterating yourself, bundles and boxes are nice for some people, but not every one wants them and they are just burden that they have to deal with.
If an empath says "no thank you" don't be a butt about and just say thanks. =)
Re: TIPS? 05/04/2017 05:38 PM CDT
I tip whatever I've got handy. Sometimes it's nothing. Sometimes it's a few plat.

The days where an empath could only earn money off tips are long gone. They can go hunt if they want. So I offer a few bucks as a courtesy 'thank you' since I can't do anything else.

If people have a problem with that, I also tend to just visit the auto-healer 99.9% of the time anyway because finding a not-AFK healer is difficult.
Re: TIPS? 05/04/2017 08:00 PM CDT
>>Curtisj5: What is considered a fair tip these days?

What is considered to be an appropriate amount depends on the severity of the patient's injuries, the patient's means, and other factors. Obvious new characters (who aren't bankrolled by the player's HLC alts) aren't expected to tip much. On the other hand, if you are wearing a small fortune in gear and accessories, a tip of only a few silvers' worth of gems may not be well received. Similarly, if the Empath made a house call to a distant location, a larger tip may be in order.

>>Bluturtl1428: When there was a professions healers association active, Isharon made a pretty awesome genie script for pricing. It is for the empath to set the price but you can get a general idea from it, if you are at all familiar with reading a script.

Funny you mention that. I was thinking of having my Empath resume charging for RP reasons, and it occurred to me that the script would need to be updated to account for inflation. (The current script maxes out at less than 4 plats, and that's only if you are a pile of goo with poison and disease. In most cases it charges less than 2 gold.)

>>Badgopher: The days where an empath could only earn money off tips are long gone. They can go hunt if they want. So I offer a few bucks as a courtesy 'thank you' since I can't do anything else.

IMO, that militates in favor of larger tips, because the Empath could be doing something more lucrative (and training more efficiently to boot) but instead has made herself available for healing. Sitting around waiting for patients (who are few and far between) is a poor use of my character's time, so she expects to be compensated accordingly.

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Empath new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_new_player_guide

Empath hunting ladder: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_hunting_ladde
Re: TIPS? 05/04/2017 08:28 PM CDT
>IMO, that militates in favor of larger tips, because the Empath could be doing something more lucrative (and training more efficiently to boot) but instead has made herself available for healing.

If the empath found more gain (joy or economic) in hunting, they would be hunting. But they find more gain in not-hunting. That might include social, non-combat gain, and other aspects. But just because someone chooses not to hunt shouldn't indicate I need to tip them to excess. As I said, I tend to visit an auto-path first because they are easier to deal with. But if a player wants to heal, I just tip with whatever I have on hand.
Re: TIPS? 05/06/2017 06:42 PM CDT

My main is an empath and I (obviously) have other characters as well. My empath isn't particularly picky when it comes to tips as most people tip very well, but neither of us (her, character, and I, player) would want you to put yourself out in any way. We're both pretty reasonable.

My other characters are usually crazy broke (they do not fund each other, shush), so usually tip the majority of their profits from the most recent trip when getting a heal. Unless they are saving for something, then only about half. Mind you, all my characters are low circle, so that's about... several gold? And they don't usually visit the empath unless they are dying or going to be dying soon.