Crappy Payment Blotter 01/01/2009 09:24 PM CST
Another Episode of the Crappy Payment Blotter, brought to you by Lysterie!

Lysterie comes in, asks for healing. An Empath (looking to be somewhat low level, but not a total nooblet) starts to heal her.

Lysterie opens her hip pouch.
Lysterie gets a small rock crystal from inside her hip pouch.
Lysterie offers Padawan a small rock crystal.
Lysterie closes her hip pouch.
You see Lysterie, a Prydaen Cleric.
Lysterie has pointed ears and cat-slitted green eyes. Her golden brown mane is long and thick, and is worn tousled. She has tawny fur with a white belly and black rosettes and a slender tail.
She is young for a Prydaen.
She has some faint scars along the head, some faint scars along the neck, some faint scars along the right arm, cuts and bruises about the left arm, some faint scars along the right leg, faint scuffing to the left leg, some faint scars along the left leg, some faint scars along the right hand, some faint scars along the left hand, faint scuffing to the chest, some faint scars along the abdomen, some faint scars along the back.
She is holding a small rock crystal in her right hand.
She is wearing a cracked mother-of-pearl icon, some serpentine-link chainmail bearing an elaborate havri'negh symbol on a central chest plate, some dark chain gauntlets with spiked golden knuckle guards, some wickedly spiked knuckles, a darkened chain balaclava adorned with an iron dragon circlet, a polished steel tailband with serrated edges, a bone and cambrinth ring set with a reclining onyx jackal, a white kidskin corset delicately embroidered in a silver frostlike pattern, a tailored black silk shirt with silver cufflinks, a platinum-banded leather belt etched with thirteen symbols, a target shield, an iron-banded parry stick with brown leather straps, a crystalline ring of two hands cradling a cambrinth sphere, a delicate gold rose ring, an albredine crystal ring, a cambrinth ankle cuff inlaid with mabe pearls to spell DEMRRIS, a hip pouch, a delicate watered-silk choker trimmed with dangling clusters of seed pearls, a kor'athi pilgrimage robe emblazoned across the back with a multi-hued dragon, a platinum jadeite gwethdesuan, a snakeskin wrist sheath, a suede pilgrim's pouch lined with silk and embroidered with the thirteen Immortals, a pale blue oval cameo locket, a segmented cambrinth armband, a twisted cambrinth torque with ivory and jade inlaid terminals, a striped cat-shaped talisman pouch with cambrinth-tipped drawstrings, a gold and cambrinth bracelet, a flowing black cloak with embroidered battle scenes, a white silver cleric's earring shaped as two hands raised in benediction, a pair of turnstil earrings, an enameled zebra wing finch, a battle-worn weapon harness studded with darkened steel emblems of the gods, a dark mesh backpack emblazoned with a fierce tiger, a black velvet small sack, some sapphire leather leggings, a neat desumos-pelt thigh bag with gut drawstrings, some steel-toed footwraps with silver buckles, some white doeskin boots with tiny wolf-shaped onyx charms, a pair of black velvet ankle bracelets with polished electrum bells, a darkly enameled bronze badge depicting a priest kneeling amidst corpses, a pilgrim's badge, a glittering quartz nose stud and a smooth leather sporran with a spiked steel clasp.
You say, "No way."
You say, "You are offering."
You say, "A small rock crystal."
You say, "You have to be kidding."
Lysterie asks you, "It's all I have. Is there something wrong with that?" (BWOOP BWOOP EMPATH COLLECTION AGENCY ALERT. BWOOP BWOOP CODE RED. CODE RED. DEFCON 1. DEFCON1. REPEAT.)
You say, "Give him your gweths."
> prep hl
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
Lysterie says, ".... Right."
You say, "Or go to the bank."
You gesture at Lysterie.
You link your heart's rhythm to Lysterie, and feel her heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.
> prep nb
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
Occhi ponders.
Lysterie blinks.
You say, "This."
Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.
You say, "Is an insult to Empaths everywhere."
Occhi says, "umm.."
You gesture.
You are unable to keep some of the mana from leaking out of the spell pattern.
Lysterie mumbles something in her sleep.
You grab Lysterie and drag her out with you . . .
[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a large wooden barrel and a wide arch.
Also here: Lysterie who is sleeping.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.
(Dragged her to the herbalist's. Wouldn't want anyone to get run over by a passing caravan.)
[Empaths' Guild, Main Room]
This is the headquarters of the Empaths' Guild. Here healers both novice and experienced gather to share techniques, methods, the latest information on healing, transferring and application of herbs. There is a small but modern library to the east. You also see a bright yellow lemon, an apple limb, a shadowling, an Empath renown scroll, some smoothly worked stairs of golden oak, a bucket of viscous gloop and an Empath donation shelf with some stuff on it.
Also here: Sophister Suraek, Amshere, Master Moon Mage Zeldant, Wolverine Adamant, Irztul, Attendant Prier, Larkhen, Charmer Najeem, Rigad, Vilayna, Chorister Coriatri, Sigilist Magimus, Zoye, Mortician Kalyndara.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, west, down, out.
Padawan ponders.
Occhi just arrived.
Fluffalufagus asks, "Who?"
You ask, "Did you see what she was wearing?"
Fluffalufagus quirks one ear sideways in confusion.
You say, "That Cleric."
Fluffalufagus asks, "What was she wearing?"
You say, "She had more stuff than you."
You say, "And said she could only offer."
Fluffalufagus exclaims, "Really?!? That B!"
You say, "A small rock crystal."
Padawan says, "Just about as much, at least."
You say, "No, I am not kidding."
Occhi says, "so you're complaining about someone offering a type"
Occhi says, "er tip"
You ask, "Worth less than a silver?"
You say, "Yes."

There was then a bit of back and forth in the guild and on the gweth, after she woke up, during which she threatened Szrael with her spouse. But the part where she said she couldn't offer anything more was the most relevant part to me, the rest was just so much backpedaling.

Skills Needed for Kaith Partani
Need 288 (500) Empathy.
Have at least 200 in #1 Armor (Light Chain).
Have at least 240 Evasion.
Have at least 160 Shield Usage.
Re: Crappy Payment Blotter 01/05/2009 03:58 PM CST
I love reading your posts...they always make me laugh. And if my empath could see them she'd probably cheer. Good job. It drives me nuts when I see someone with lines and lines of fluff offer a small rock crystal of lots of healing...

Eruwyn's player.
Re: Crappy Payment Blotter 02/14/2009 01:42 PM CST
Since I'm new to prime my only character is a circle 8 empath.

I've healed people of numerous wounds that would take me 30 minutes or more to clean up and get tips of 100 kronar or ,like shown above, a rock crystal from people that were wearing very expensive equipment and wearing high circle/skill level titles.

I've found it to be pretty insulting, but I just thank them and place a note on the krutch with the information. If they are consistent with their insulting tips, I just avoid healing them afterwards.

Still pretty silly for an offer like that to be made by a weathly/weathlier individual.