Triages, hosting and offering services. 08/06/2007 08:08 PM CDT
The game or tourney triages. How much do they usually tip you? How much do you charge or pay if hosting or offering services? What do you think is fair?

~Not all things are meant to be.~

Lanita
Re: Triages, hosting and offering services. 08/06/2007 08:42 PM CDT
Empaths at the tournaments I've attended typically get paid several plat each.

Occasionally upwards of 10-20 plat, but that's not the norm.

Rev. Reene

The menagarie of twisted shadows and tentacles explodes into millions of smaller pieces, only to coalesce into the form of a gaunt shadow master!

SEND[Kheldun] I saw that.
Re: Triages, hosting and offering services. 08/07/2007 01:14 PM CDT
Funny, I've been to a couple and gotten zilch. Out of about 8 tournaments I've been at, I've gotten a total of 3 bundles, 10 plat, a gem pouch worth about 3 plat, and 4 boxes.

I just want bundles to scrape and boxes to open.

PoKaeta

"Whatever, it's the end of the world. There's actually a Trader guild now. Bards are no longer useless. Empaths can finally stand up for themselves. We're all doomed."
- Vinjince
Re: Triages, hosting and offering services. 08/07/2007 05:13 PM CDT
My suggestion if you feel your tips so far haven't done your work justice is to have your set price to stand on and state before giving your services. If they are so willing to slap a few heads off and plead for a triage I'm sure they'd pay whatever. Skins and bundles to play with as tips? Those may take time to collect and I asked my players of the game to unburden themselves. So, (POOF) no more bundles.
(I'll be sure to pack a full bundle and have Lanita send it straight to you though if this is who I think it is and are still unhappy with my tip in coin ;)I'd hate for you to never want to come and sit with us again.)
Lanita when hosting her more aggressive games asked her beloved triage their price before hand and after receiving a meek "whatever you feel is right" from many offered ten plat or what I could at the moment. I gave more to those that stuck it through all rounds waiting patiently for the game's end.
I nor Lanita would *never ever* want any who offered their services to feel unappreciated.
We did however get a lot of triage help that "disappeared" before receiving payment or any thank yous. For any of you mystery gifters a big warm and loud "THANK YOU!" to the lot of yas! Any that did expect payment but couldn't stay or was stiffed on the pay come seek Lani out at any time to rightfully gripe and complain and I will gladly make it up for you.

Hmm sheesh I didn't realize how long that was.. oops. Oh well.

Lanita
Re: Triages, hosting and offering services. 08/07/2007 06:21 PM CDT
<<Lanita's post>>

Yeah, I'm probably who you're thinking of. I'm an odd creature. On the one hand, I'll whine about wanting boxes and skins, on the other hand, I love healing for the sake of healing, and while I dislike healing tournaments because of the very nature of tournaments (Come on, healing them all to perfectly healthy so they can fight each other again is hardly encouraging peace), I don't mind getting tipped little.

And no, you don't need to ship off a bundle to me. But, in the event your hosting another event, and have a bundle on hand, tell me that, and I'll jump through hoops for them.

PoKaeta

"Whatever, it's the end of the world. There's actually a Trader guild now. Bards are no longer useless. Empaths can finally stand up for themselves. We're all doomed."
- Vinjince
Re: Triages, hosting and offering services. 08/07/2007 07:05 PM CDT
Alright, deal! Oh, and thanks again.
As for healing them perfectly and what not (at least for my games) I don't think you have to heal them perfectly to full health. Just like the "Deader's crew work" maybe just heal what is needed to sustain life.
For the game we host you must be quick or else by the time your done telling the empath " Hey, healer! You missed a spot." you are no longer of use in the game because it is over. It isn't your usual tourney.
And raising from the Cleric isn't until after all game rounds are over in hopes the teams would value the team players a little better.
I'll be sure to make is a new thing to say at beginning of games for now on. ;)

http://www.geocities.com/ladylani15/
Lanita
Re: Triages, hosting and offering services. 08/08/2007 04:00 PM CDT
My empath loves a good fight and has healed at a few tourneys. Usual take is 1-5 plat, often provided by a single tipping combatant (thanks Reene).

Want to feel pretty, oh so pretty?
http://enchantress.leika.googlepages.com/home
Character customization through shifts, alterations, and custom enchantments!