Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 10:51 AM CDT
So, because I was curious...I rolled up a commoner and got 25 Sta and spent a long time in rats 0 stanced:

>heal
Your body feels extremely beat up.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the head, some minor abrasions to the neck, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right arm compounded by deep slashes across the right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm compounded by a broken left arm with gaping holes, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right leg compounded by deep cuts across the right leg, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left leg compounded by deep slashes across the left leg, some minor abrasions to the right hand, some tiny scratches to the left hand, severely swollen and bruised chest area compounded by deep slashes across the chest area, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, some tiny scratches to the back, some minor abrasions to the right eye, some minor abrasions to the left eye.

Bleeding
Area Rate

right arm light
left arm moderate
right leg slight
left leg light
chest moderate
inside r. arm slight
inside l. arm slight
inside r. leg slight
inside l. leg slight
inside chest light

My empath would chuckle at that, heal her chest, cast refresh, staunch, and go to town, a roisen, tops to heal the person.

Went into the hospital and after some confusion, joined the list, the Martyr was going for the bleeds, but not really great, and I found out that demeanor might have something? (It's been literally 2+ RL years since I actually used the hospital, usually when I pass through I just pray nothing bleeds through and I get it taken and have a debt and lost bleed).

>join list
You sign your name on the waiting list.
>
Martyr Saedelthorp looks towards you, and you pull away.
[Change your DEMEANOR if you wish Martyr Saedelthorp to heal you.]
>
The apprentice Kaiva looks towards you, and you pull away.
[Change your DEMEANOR if you wish the apprentice Kaiva to heal you.]
Kaiva calls out, "(Trash Commoner)?" before crossing it off the list.
>demeanor

(various heals from the Marty before rejoining the list)

All went well, it seemed, until...

>heal
Your body feels in extremely bad shape!...
Your vitality is restored by Kaiva's healing touch.
>heal
Your body feels in bad shape.

yawn

And the final insult...

The apprentice Kaiva quickly diagnoses your injuries.
[Your debt to Zoluren has been increased by 150 Kronars.]
>
[Your debt to Zoluren has been increased by 97 Kronars.]
Kaiva crosses your name off the waiting list.
>heal
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the head, a few nearly invisible scars along the neck, minor scarring along the right arm, an occasional twitching in the left arm, some minor abrasions to the right leg, minor scarring along the left leg, some minor abrasions to the right hand, some tiny scars across the left hand, minor scarring along the chest area, minor scarring along the abdomen, some tiny scars across the back, some minor abrasions to the right eye, some minor abrasions to the left eye.
>join list
You sign your name on the waiting list.
>
The apprentice Kaiva sighs, "You have no injuries that I can heal."
Kaiva crosses your name off the waiting list.

And how much did this cost me?
You owe 6062 copper Kronars to the Principality of Zoluren.
And before?
You owe 2065 copper Kronars to the Principality of Zoluren.

And how long? I took off the demeanor 4:58 before I was taken off the list list the first time the healing was done, and rejoined the list for non-bleeding healing about 1:30 into the healing when it seemed rather slow, even for NPC Healers, so roughly 3.5 minutes to heal:

You have some minor abrasions to the head, some minor abrasions to the neck, cuts and bruises about the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm, some minor abrasions to the right leg, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left leg compounded by deep slashes across the left leg, some minor abrasions to the right hand, some tiny scratches to the left hand, deep slashes across the chest area, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, some tiny scratches to the back, some minor abrasions to the right eye, some minor abrasions to the left eye.

Bleeding
Area Rate

left leg light
chest moderate
inside l. leg slight
>

I dunno, 3.5 minutes and 4 gold for an pretty incomplete heal, I just don't see why people go for it.
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 11:08 AM CDT
Try the test on Dokt out in Knife Clan, I'd be interested to see those results as well. Personally in Plat, an empath is a luxury at times, so my general cleanups are usually done with him until I can forage all the various herbs myself. I was told the day I stepped in over here that the auto-paths in the Guild were pretty much useless, and you're more likely to die than be saved.

To add to the "what do you tip" portion, I try to give at least 20-30% of my per trip average (which is only 2-3 gold at the moment). Granted it varies based on how badly I'm hurt, how good the service is, and whether the person touched me before I even asked (that tends to result in very little tip, since they came to me not the other way around and I wasn't really needing it).

Kurako
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 12:03 PM CDT
>>Try the test on Dokt out in Knife Clan, I'd be interested to see those results as well. Personally in Plat, an empath is a luxury at times, so my general cleanups are usually done with him until I can forage all the various herbs myself. I was told the day I stepped in over here that the auto-paths in the Guild were pretty much useless, and you're more likely to die than be saved.

My warmie spent over a plat in fines on the healer in haven when he had disease. Barely survived and still needed a pc empath after that.
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 12:08 PM CDT
That doesn't overly suprise me. I hear they also heal you after you die from sitting there waiting for them to heal you. If you don't get a dragger, they'll just keep giving you debt.

However, my understanding was that Dokt was one of the "new breed". He heals pretty much everything except for the smallest scars and disease, at least from what I can tell. Not sure if they switched the Haven empath over to that system.

Kurako
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 12:10 PM CDT
>>He heals pretty much everything except for the smallest scars and disease

That's the problem. With disease you keep losing vitality and wounds get worse until the herbs and empath combined can make it go dormant. And then you find a PC to heal you or avoid combat like the... well plague.
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 12:13 PM CDT
Well... I knew that, that's why I didn't sit around with Dokt and went to find a PC Empath when I got infected. :p

Though, I did have an instance where I tested to see if he would take me down for enough for the infection to stay dormant, and it didn't. Started sprouting fountains after I left (without hunting). My HEALTH stated it went dormant, but about a minute later one of the wounds was apparently bad enough for it to fester.

Still, Dokt is much better than the Martyr, and that's the auto-path I knew most people go to if they have the time.

Kurako
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 12:32 PM CDT
dormant disease will still work on small wounds, even those not visible, and scars as well. if you're not totally clean, your disease will eventually come back

Souv
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 01:28 PM CDT
1) The Martyr and Kaiva are broken, even though the GM who handles them has said they are not. There is no reason to have an NPC empath that doesn't even fully heal the wounds they are attempting to heal. Martyr does more severe, Kaiva appears to only do majority of fresh wounds and a few scars. These two are about the biggest waste of coding ever.

2) There are two NPC empaths don't heal certain things. For instance, Haven empath won't heal eyes. Kaiva/Marty flat out don't heal.

3) Disease has never been curable by an NPC. Don't complain about it, just deal with it.

4) The average cost for a bleeding wound is 2 silver. Lower level wounds run about 6 bronze. A vitality healing by any of them tends to be the most expensive. Average full heal tends to be between 1-2 gold without a vitality healing.

5) Considering the fact that you don't need the coin upfront, you can accumulate a debt and pay it off at an older age, and you also are almost always sure the empath is there and healing, I think the NPCs are a decent option.

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

A cutthroat gasps, "I can't get UP!"

You begin to lecture Reexa on the proper use of the brawling skill.
You cackle!
You strike a heroic pose.
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 01:31 PM CDT
And i forgot:

6) NPC empaths will not heal scarring that they did not heal the fresh wound of. So if you have a severely mangled chest from a death, and go to the empath, they will tell you that you are fully healed. Only way to get around this is to have someone challenge you, they blow out your chest, and drag you into the empath. You'll get a vitality healing, then the wound healing, then the scar healing. When no empath is around, this is always an option.

You cackle!
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 01:40 PM CDT
Or Raudie could quit trying to tell everyone to circumvent mechanics just to get an NPC healer to work right ;)
who's side are you on anyway Raudie?

Souv
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 01:43 PM CDT
> who's side are you on anyway Raudie?

I'm all about never healing again.

You cackle!
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 01:45 PM CDT
never healing again = empty guild
empty guild = no need for leadership
no need for leadership = no need for hostile takeover
no need for hostile takeover = no guildleader Raudie or guildleader Souv

so I ask again...

Who's side are you on?

Souv
Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 02:11 PM CDT
I noticed the Crossing NPC healers were buggy, also. They're freaking out over demeanor that they shouldn't even freak out over. Trying to heal someone who isn't even injured. Definitely needs fixing.

Lis

Re: Our "competition"... 10/10/2006 04:27 PM CDT
> never healing again = empty guild
> empty guild = no need for leadership
> no need for leadership = no need for hostile takeover
> no need for hostile takeover = no guildleader Raudie or guildleader Souv

> so I ask again...

> Who's side are you on?

I ask you...who said I wanted to be a GL? I just want to be World Dominator. You continue on your path of Khalo status Souv by healing everyone, meanwhile, I'll be in hiding figuring out Jomay's secret, then sleep her, manipulate a mammoth to kill her off and replace her as evilest. empath. evah.

That is...that was my plan...until I just told you. Now I must figure out a new plan.

You cackle!
Re: Our "competition"... 10/11/2006 09:31 AM CDT
ahh you have fallen into my trap. Sterotypical evil always falls into that trap and gloats their plan to you. Now while you have to devise a new plan, mine can move forward.

Soon to be a dark Khalo,
Souv