"Player Dependance" on Empaths for Healing, and game balance... 02/26/2005 11:41 PM CST
A few posts ago, and please forgive me for not giving the name, someone mention something about potions and herbs being used to heal things like infection... I think that might actually be a really good idea, only with this adaptation, only empaths can make the potions/salves that heal things like poison and infection. That way empaths could use it as another way to make money, still maintain the "niche" (another good word from earlier posts) as healers, and provide all non-empath adventurers a "portable" method of healing those aflictions.
I've played all sorts of characters in my eon's of this game, And I like the idea Simutronics has incorperatied that everyone "needs" each other... If you need a good weapon you go to a barbarian who can Forage, If you need to be rezzed you find a cleric, If you need good lockpicks you find a teef, and speaking as an empath, I would mind empath only made ifection healing potions. We could even make it a big production like dry this herb, Mix it with this etc etc, and different strengths/uses based on skills (similiar to Moon Mage CJ).
Just a thought :)

-Robert*