A gesture of thanks... 02/19/2005 08:28 PM CST
Folks, generally speaking, are extremely kind and generous to Empaths. Most guilds go out of their way to help us, whenever possible. Something, as an Empath, that I truly cherish.

A halfling named Bricc walked into the Crossing guild earlier tonight. He didn't ask for anything, instead stating that he just wanted to pay us back for everything we, collectively, have done.

Any Empath who accompanied him to the bank then received a substantial gift. For someone like me, who isn't financially endowed, this gift made quite an impact. He ended up donating several platinum kronars to each Empath.

It's not often that I'm shocked by the kindness of strangers.

- Ogoh
Re: A gesture of thanks... 02/19/2005 10:55 PM CST
Thank you for sharing that experience here on the boards. It's nice to read these kinds of happilys.

'=}

Amo

My new AIM screenname (find me)---> AmorisseDR

The Empathic Alliance (get shifted)--> http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/Coalition.html

>Please pray for the Troops
Re: A gesture of thanks... 02/21/2005 08:00 AM CST
it happens, not often (and nor should it) but it is a good thing every once in a while. I recall (Gurt I believe it was, I might be wrong) tipping all the empaths present during the outcast war several plat as well for helping out so much. It's nice to see such things

Souv

Collecting commissions...
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
Re: A gesture of thanks... 02/21/2005 10:48 AM CST
Yeah, Gurt was great. He gave me 20 plats out in triage once. And then I blocked a volley of arrows with my face two seconds later.

Purehand is dead and in no condition to continue teaching you.

~Purehand