The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 08:42 AM CST

This had to be the #1, you could have floored me with a feather excuse for no tip I'd ever gotten.

Heal very beat up person who had come out of a very "rich" enviroment. Loaded with boxes, gems etc. Very isolated area.

Well known RP'er, higher level (meaning 60+) involved in last two wars we've had, always some type of Commander, Seargant or Leader.

Heal the person multiple times, drag dead carcass out of area multiple times. We have a nice little RP converstaion. He's all healed. I get a whisper;

ooc: Sorry I can't tip you. I need all the gems for plat to sell on the List because I lost my job.

Me a shocked minute later thinking: What the heck does this have to do with my character in DR. None the less me feeling bad for the person.

Anyway I did get a tad testy about it, then felt bad the next day after picturing him homeless or some such thing.

Anyway, it's ruined how I perceive this person in Elanthia in a Leadership role, .. and it's just real hard to take any kind of orders from him (so I don't), or even answer his requests to me for healing. It's bascially Tip me big now, and I'll think about it later.

Xochi, with an early morning flash from the past.
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 09:08 AM CST
By all means, tell us who did this, please.
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 09:35 AM CST
<<By all means, tell us who did this, please.

I'd really rather not know. This is the kind of thing that could easily ruin friendships, as well as the enjoyment of the game. In my opinion, its best to leave it between them.

Mole

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
Some people are heroes. And some people jot down notes.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 09:54 AM CST
>I'd really rather not know. This is the kind of thing that could easily ruin friendships, as well as the enjoyment of the game. In my opinion, its best to leave it between them.

This is why the problems we have about not getting tipped never get solved. Someone always has an issue with knowing who it is, so the person who brought it up keeps quiet.

From now on, we might as well just heal everyone who asks and decline every tip we're offered. Less conflict that way.

-Etrina

p.s.
Yes, I realize this is a bitter post, but I'm tired of our guild having no unity whatsoever. Sharing the non-tippers with each other is a first step towards a better unified empath guild.

Your mind hears Yazegi thinking, "Mikiri is having fantasies about Shaunn in a thong."
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 10:11 AM CST
I have no objection to creating a list of lousy tippers. Nor to sharing those who don't tip me, at least when I'm back in the guild and bothering to heal. That really isn't the issue in my mind. If you go back and reread the previous post, I think you may get a better sense of the reaons I feel the way I do about it in this particular instance. You may disagree with this, but as I said, at least in this case, I'd really rather not know.

Mole

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
Some people are heroes. And some people jot down notes.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 11:44 AM CST
>I'd really rather not know. This is the kind of thing that could easily ruin friendships, as well as the enjoyment of the game. In my opinion, its best to leave it between them. Mole

I do agree with you Mole, and that's why I left the name out. It went beyond the no tipping, into OOC explainations.

Xochi
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 03:07 PM CST
Y'know...You guys mention him being a Commander or something, and that reminds me.

Have any of you ever been tipped decently by Wordachy or is he stingy to everyone?

He got on my blacklist a long time ago for trying to throw a couple of 8 bronze gems at me for some nasty sparring injuries (repeatedly...once is bad but 3 times in an hour is unbearable) but ever since he got his Commander's badge I see some empaths just positively gushing over the honor of healing Wordachy the Magnificent.

So I wonder if he's changed his cheap ways or if it's yet another example of idiots in the military tooting their own horns.

- Player of Miki & Cael

(Toldorf does his infamous gypsy striptease!)
>
Teille wobbles, looking a bit faint.
>
(Aiellestra reverts to the fetal position)
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/19/2004 06:00 PM CST
How long has he had that badge? I seem to remember healing him at least once before getting it, and he was generally stingy. Although in his defense he's never been rude, uppity, or flaunty with Symphaena. He most certainly hasn't pulled any of the stupid crap stiffed empaths complain about with her.
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 03/20/2004 09:58 PM CST
>Have any of you ever been tipped decently by Wordachy or is he stingy to everyone?

Yes, Wordachy has given me many good tips over the years, although I haven't healed him within recent memory.
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/01/2004 01:31 AM CST
Somone once said they couldn't tip me because their dog ate their gem pouch.

Illcram the Evil Empath

I*'*m an Empath and you can*'*t touch me!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/01/2004 09:40 AM CST

I would've told them to walk their dog.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
http://www.stone-clan.com

RL/IG Calendar 2004 http://www.geocities.com/staanstok/DRCalendar2004.htm
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/01/2004 03:14 PM CST
and next time they want healing.. "I can't help you. I'm busy drinking."

Posted by Yazegi
Spokesman for and drinker of rum
AIM: Psycho Yaz
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/01/2004 06:04 PM CST
>I would've told them to walk their dog.

I'd've said skin the dog, sell the skin, give me the coin ;)
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/01/2004 09:14 PM CST
Any guildmember in their guildhall certainly has the right to make themselves comfortable.

And to answer about sleeping in public, I go to college and people sleep there all the time. Whether I find it offensive or not, I do not act rude myself by running up and shaking them awake.

Getting Married? Need help?
Ask me!

Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Richard Anthony
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/02/2004 11:19 PM CST
>I go to college and people sleep there all the time. Whether I find it offensive or not, I do not act rude myself by running up and shaking them awake.

When I went to college, people had notes on their sleeping body saying stuff like 'please wake me at 4 PM'.

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/03/2004 08:35 AM CST
I remember in high school I'd tell the teachers to wake me up in 30 min so I could do my work.

Posted by Yazegi
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/05/2004 08:05 PM CDT
>>When I went to college, people had notes on their sleeping body saying stuff like 'please wake me at 4 PM'.<<

One of my college professors was so boring (and so nearsighted) we took turns sitting in the front row and trying to stay awake in class. The rest of us were always in the back rows asleep.

Since all he did in class was read out of the textbooks, this didn't affect our grades in the slightest.
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/05/2004 08:31 PM CDT
I'm moving the discussion of sleeping/college to the real life folder before I tell my funny stories. :)

Meghan

"Do you have your exit buddy?"
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/26/2004 06:54 AM CDT
See... everyone should just act like me. Not give a rats arse if they're in the military and just treat em like any other person <grins> I hate people who suck up to someone else just cause of title or ranking... and i'd never want that to be the case with me being the one sucked up to.

Then again... this war doesn't concern me at all, and I don't consider myself involved in it. Maybe that has some reasoning <ponders> Sorrow's war left enough wartime memories to last me a lifetime... so bah.

Troubadour Raziaar

"If there is no God as you say, then in the end I lose nothing. But if there is a God like I say, in the end you lose everything."
Re: The Craziest Excuse for no tip 04/27/2004 11:04 AM CDT
Down with brown nosers!

Posted by Yazegi

A red sash lieutenant says, "Surrender now."
>A red sash lieutenant says, "And we'll let you live."
Flyntino looked like he was about ready to slap the lieutenant!