Prev_page Previous 1
tipping? 02/11/2004 02:08 AM CST
After reading a few pages of posts, it seems to me most empaths don't tend to like getting small gems and even feel offended by it. I usually only hunt skinnable creatures, and usually never gather the skins because I don't want the extra burden, so I always make sure to go to someplace that can give me a lot of gems, such as morah vines, swamp trolls, gargoyles, etc and fill up a few pouches. I almost never sell my gems, rather just keeping them all on me and using them for empath tips, but they are almost always small gems. I tend to give out 3-4 gems everytime I get healed, even if it's for really light stuff, and always considered myself a good tipper, especially since most of the empaths (usually get healed in the Crossing's Empath guild) tend to be surprised at getting more than one of them, since that's what I see around 80% of the people getting healed tipping.

But after reading those posts, it makes me feel like I'm tipping poorly and wanted to know how many of you actually would be offended by this? Not that I'm going to be upping my tipping rate, I still think it's a good tip and stand by it. If I'm about to die I might even give up to 6 gems, but most empaths start refusing after 4.

www.ronaldbarba.com
www.peerlessportraits.com
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 05:50 AM CST
<<But after reading those posts, it makes me feel like I'm tipping poorly and wanted to know how many of you actually would be offended by this?

I wouldn't say "offended," but rather "undervalued." Sadly, 4 gems or more is a rarity, and those 4 tend to be small gems like topazes, diopsides, etc. Gem pouches hold 70 gems. If you've got a full pouch, from a trip to vines, it's probably worth about 8 gold. A fair tip for a simple "clean-up" (bleh!) would be 1.5 gold, IMHO. It's more than 10%, but less than 20% of your full take from the hunt. I would guess that 1.5 gold would be about 13 gems.

Now, I don't expect people to be this precise, or to remember exactly how many of their gems came from each particular hunt. However, the difference between 4 gems and 13 gems is obviously enormous. Even if you don't have a completely full pouch from the hunt, four is still a very small tip.

Here are my suggestions for tipping:

1. Keep an extra empty pouch in your backpack. While you're being healed, transfer X number (a fair tip) of gems into it. When the empath is done, give her/him the pouch and tell her/him to take all the gems, but return the pouch. My ranger does this consistently.

2. Offer the tip in money rather than gems. Do your calculation of a fair tip, and if you have the coin, give the coin instead.

3. Offer skins and pelts. Some empaths don't want them, but many of us do. We can get mech lore and skinning ranks from scraping them, which helps with the new reqs. Plus, we can sell them for coin. If you have a full bundle of blood wolf pelts, give 5 to the empath that healed you. A non-arranged blood wolf pelt can sell for 200+ lirums.

4. Offer boxes (popped or unpopped). Sometimes the surprise is worth getting a slightly lower tip.

That's all I can think of right now. In short, I'd have to say "Yes" you don't seem to be a good tipper, but you're much better than most people. I for one would not turn down your tips simply because they are small gems. I would just encourage you to tip a bit more generously.
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 08:54 AM CST
Or just use the AutoPuffs who don't bitch about the tips.

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 10:17 AM CST
I'll give you an honest answer as a player, as long as you won't hold it against my character: I think a few gems worth a few silver is an insult tip for any empath over 30th...that's any empath able to heal you up well and quickly. To me, it's the equivilant of leaving a quarter on the table after having a $25 lunch at a restuarant.

If you don't pick up pelts, what do you do for coin? Nothing? Otherwise, as a player and character, I would rather have a few unpicked boxes or some golds or plats dropped in my pocket. My empath will almost always refuse gems or coin tips that require accepting...but there is an RP reason for this... which I won't get into here since this is ooc, not rp.

: ) I'm sorry if this was not what you wanted to hear. Of course, I don't blame you the player nor your character for thinking you were tipping well...as you said, there are empaths out there who not only seem to think it's a good tip but will not hesitate to express profuse thanks for it as well.

In general, I'm not sure if it's the player's cheapness or lack of clarity or study on the issue of tipping or if this is intential role play (the player knows that empaths should get more but wants to role play the character as a miser or clod or naive). It is my character's nature to assume it's a sign of the times.... degradation of respect for the health care profession (which is oddly mirroring the devaluing of doctors' services in real life) which shows a disregard for health and life (as seen in utter lack of regard for dying).

I had thought that the big change to death Solomon had promised last year would fix this--poor health or death in the game should be more than a slight inconvenience (I've seen some use it as a convenience, even).

But it didn't...was hardly a change, really. I've noticed no slowing the rate of death, nor a higher penalty to dying, nor a greater chance of an empath saving you (seems same as before...except now you're unconscious with auto messaging saying you're dying rather than you being at death's door and saying you're dying).

This is all the perspective of someone who plays the game often enough to have a good idea of what's going on but who is not so into the game that I'd crunch numbers or do experiements or study/memorize the libraries, etc. I'm not sure then if that makes me average or an oddity or if it my opinion would matter either way.

Anyhow, that's how I look at it. I don't even care anymore. I'm glad to have shift for making a living. I can go into fens to get my own gems with manipulation. I still like to heal folks who actually want and appreciate being healed. And have no grudge with pointing everyone else to Srela who, in my opinion, is dignified enough to ask a fee and doesn't gush and go into hysterics over getting it.

~Me

_____________________________________________ "It's not easy being green." ~Kermit

Want change your colors? Contact me via AIM: Amorisse1
Send email to littlegoldhalo@yahoo.com for shifting/price list.
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 10:59 AM CST
As a player who has a 29 paladin and a 22 empath, I think three or four gems as a tip is a joke.

As my empath, Rogtos, I never refuse any tip, no matter how big or small. If you want to give me 50 plat for healing a faint scuffing, wonderful! If on the other hand you give me 3 or 4 gems for a full heal, chances are I won't heal you next time, you arn't worth my time and effort.

One thing I've found both IC and OOC is that if you treat people well they remember you, and when you need them, they'll come running. I've also found that if you don't treat people better than you 'should', they often times remember that too, and won't come running when they hear 'Badtipper has just been struck down!'

Long story short, 3 or 4 gems is good for an empath who takes a long time, forgets to take something, takes a bleeder that you wanted, and or is under 10th circle. But to anyone who is quick, efficient and wearing a higher title, tip more reasonably. As a hunter I can dance with 2-3 critters, killing them in a matter of... 30 seconds-1 minute. Off them I get a gem, some useless coins, and a box. I'm done, my stuff is on the ground, I killed them, game over. As my empath though I have to heal you, then heal myself, then try to get my other skills back into a good learning range. There's a lot more work there, and it takes a lot longer time than dropping 3-4 critters.

Rogtos - The fast and (not so) cheep empath

Love is a chemical imbalance and life is a sexually transmitted disease.
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 11:08 AM CST

Unless someone tries to pay my character like..below two bronze, I take it.

1) Little things add up.

2) I worked, and I deserve to get something for it damnit.

3) You never know what a person currently has, or why. A person could be hunting something purely for the skills, which doesn't pay well. A person could have just spent their life savings of 50 plat so they could get married all fancy-like.

I mean, yes, it would be nice if a person would set aside some cash to pay for their health, but it is as true in real life as it is in DR...health doesn't become a concern for most people until it is gone.

People pay Syrath, she says to them "Thank yer fer givin' all yer able ta'." and she means it.

Hopefully, they have given what they could in return for their health and for the removal of their pains.

If not, maybe when they get healed by ANOTHER Empath..it'll stick with them, and they'll realize.."Hey, I can give a bit more."

It truly isn't about her trying to guilt trip people into giving her more, which is how some people take it.

When Syrath is healing now, it is either because she is genuinely in the mood for being altruistic, or because she wants to have some money in the bank, however little a healing session will add sometimes.

There are some regular patients, of hers, however, who make it well worth her effort, and make her feel like the work she has put in training her craft..has been well worth it. She is grateful for these friends, not just because they pay her well, but because they make her feel that way.

Regards,
player of Syrath

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 05:01 PM CST
I give out gem pouches as part of my empath packages and they can have anywhere from 6 to 50 gems, depending on the value.

I like to base my pouches on value as oppose to how many gems are inside. I don't care how many gems there are in the pouches as long as when I appraise the pouch, I get a 9 gold or better value. I try to make them over a plat if I can. That's my average. So if I'm hunting in vines, there will probably be 50 small crystals or topaz's and such. But if I was hunting Adanf, you might find 6 large stones. As long as they value a plat I'm good and hopefull the empath that recieves it from is good also.

A few times, I ran out of gem pouches and ended up giving a few gold worth of gems but supplemented it with a 1 plat piece of cambrinth (uncharged) or a valuable magical item like a charm with RF on it. Then there might not be as much stones.

If I'm outta gems, then I make a quick trip to the bank and pay in gold.

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 05:52 PM CST
Woodcubb is the example you should all follow, class!

~an empath who accepts second time, not first

_____________________________________________ "It's not easy being green." ~Kermit

Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 07:16 PM CST
From the perspective of my empath, I dont really care how you tip (depending on mood, I sometimes don't care if you even tip at all or if you tip badly). I'm trying to develop/reinforce a "first-patient-helped-no-matter-what" attitude with my empath, so until it's made clear you are done tipping I'm exclusively at your disposal. This means I tend to do a few things "wrong" as an Empath, but who cares?

What I, the player, wouldn't mind seeing is an indication of whether to expect lots of GIVE/ACCEPTS of small items versus one GIVE/ACCEPT of some kind of bundled object (gem pouch, lumpy bundle, a container with goodies, etc). Not only that, a casual description of the contents would be nice (there's about 20 gems in there). That at least works in the current GIVE/ACCEPT incarnation. Preferably, however, if you want to give me several individual items of the same type (ie, 6 gems, 5 pelts, 5 sheets of origami paper, all three books in an anthology, etc) you should be able to fist them and hand them to me as-is. We can do this when we FILL gem pouches.
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 07:31 PM CST
Oh, yes, one more thing. I find it highly insulting when someone puts a tip on the shelf rather than giving it to me or at least asking first. Even if it's a 500 plat bag of gems that could possibly feed and clothe the entire 2004 class of novice empaths, I'd still like the chance to outright decline the tip (a huge boon for you if you offered up that 500 plat bag), direct you towards the shelf, or greedily snatch it out of your hands. Having learned the ropes as an Empath up in Riverhaven, this was a huge shock for me and I honestly do not care for it.

That, I guess, brings me to a quick question of my own. Do patients consider it rude or ungrateful if the empath takes the tip and immediately dumps it on the shelf?
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 07:56 PM CST
>> Do patients consider it rude or ungrateful if the empath takes the tip and immediately dumps it on the shelf?

A lot of the times an Empath does this because they consider the tip beneath them. So doing that right in front of somebody could offend them. I might get a bit offended myself, or at least ask why they did it.

- Player of Miki & Cael

The ghost of Westryl says "boo!" then wanders off. This cab must be haunted!
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 10:56 PM CST
>> Do patients consider it rude or ungrateful if the empath takes the tip and immediately dumps it on the shelf?

>A lot of the times an Empath does this because they consider the tip beneath them. So doing that right in front of somebody could offend them. I might get a bit offended myself, or at least ask why they did it.

Farman assesses whether a tip is sufficient on a sliding scale with the patient's financial status. And no tip is 'beneath' him, he sees it as payment for services he has rendered as a healer. He won't get all huffy and upset at a tip merely because it has a low kronar value--unless the person giving it could and should have given more given their apparent net worth.

There are probably as many reasons an empath puts something given as a tip on the shelf as there are empaths. Occassionally someone will give Farman a tip of an item that he just flatly does not need (usually because he already has five of them in his rune or herb pouch), and he figures that if he can't use it, perhaps an other empath might.
Re: tipping? 02/11/2004 11:03 PM CST
If I put a "tip" on the shelf right in front of the tipper, you can be assured I am trying to offend the cheapskate!

If it's something you want to throw away, don't give it to me.

Illcram the Evil Empath

I*'*m an Empath and you can*'*t touch me!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: tipping? 02/12/2004 01:18 AM CST
I know I am going to be the odd-ball out...

When I was accepting tips, I took 4 gems to be a nice thought on the part of the hunter, and would normally stop accepting after 4. I looked at healing at that circle as both a skill earning task and a means of getting a fair amount of coin (considering I had earned my first plat by 3th circle, which far out-weighed any other of my characters' profits). As I got older, I continued to accept tips up until I could manipulate. Then I began realizing two things: 1) I was too darn lazy to keep typing accept and then putting them in the gem pouch; and 2) most hunters needed those gems a heck of a lot more than I did.

In game nowadays, Raudhan has a motto. She didn't join the empath guild to be a beggar, she joined because of an innate desire to help people. She has her own means of support, which involves combat, and as such, does not desire to receive tips from hunters. When she doesn't accept a tip, she thanks the person offering and explains that she does not accept tips. The only time she will accept a tip is when an "upstanding citizen" forces gems into her pockets, or when she knows that the person is more than able to give the tip. That said, her declining shouldn't affect other empaths' tips.

Now, as for empaths getting offended about getting 4 gems instead of 12, I don't understand it, but it's their perogative. At a certain level, an empath does gain the ability to provide for himself/herself, whether that be shifting or combat. True, we can't walk away with 4 pouches full of gems in a decent amount of time, but we can still earn some coin. And I've found plenty of hunters who will either hunt with me or let me dance with them, which is always nice. Nothing more boring than dodging a critter that doesn't talk to you.

Just my thoughts,

Player of Raudhan

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|

Nepenthe Raudhan S'il-Softuch, Ranger in Training

Xandesa asks, "you know yer cute when you get angry?"

Krumbard exclaims to you, "Yeah, you're a spicy meatball!"
Re: tipping? 02/12/2004 07:12 AM CST
Woodcubb is good with his tipping packs.. i've gotten more then one! always think of them as nice surprises when i get them. i get lot of chocolates and gems so i happy ...though for future reference... you eat the food not the gems ....... Keep up the surprises Woodcubb i love them!

Anbeth

[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath
Nickel says "Were glad pictures not..."
Jackpot says "He's ticklish...little bit later...omg Wyett just got pwnzed!
Re: tipping? 02/12/2004 01:46 PM CST
Thanks Anbeth and you're very welcome. I really appreciate the feedback. I've been giving these empath packages for a while now and since I don't often stick around after I give them, I don't always get to see the reaction to these packages.

I remember one package I made, I put 2 gem pouches full (about 3 plat worth), some gold jewlery, cards, cambrinth armband (uncharged) and a scroll and there was no reaction. I was afraid they got mad cuz I have them too much burden. LOL!

Glad ya liked it.

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: tipping? 02/12/2004 02:22 PM CST
of course i did.. though firerain is a bit harsh on the body when you happen to walk through a room with said mage in it hunting pausing and saying oooh pretty lights what spell is that... then getting stunned and dying is fun too.. except when you keep doing it over and over.. getting headaches from the amount of birds flyin to you askin where you are and what happened.... but i like it anyway!

Anbeth

[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath
Nickel says "Were glad pictures not..."
Jackpot says "He's ticklish...little bit later...omg Wyett just got pwnzed!
Re: tipping? 02/12/2004 08:28 PM CST
Oh hell, since no one has said it in this thread.

Tipping; It's not a city in China!

Just when you thought you've tipped enough, offer 2 more just to be sure ^_^

~Mckeone, player thereof

Mea mihi conscientia pluris est quam omnium sermo. Circero, Letters to Atticus XII.28.2

Reexa says, "ok cleaning up cat gack"
Re: tipping? 02/13/2004 12:34 AM CST
Its not a city in Elanthia either.

<ducks and runs for cover>

In the end all things return to Chaos

* Skiori was just struck down! [11:20 pm]
Re: tipping? 02/13/2004 05:04 AM CST
Isn't Martyr just wonderful? I mean, she heals you quickly and she doesn't give you any attitude. It's just so great!

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: tipping? 02/13/2004 03:24 PM CST
>Isn't Martyr just wonderful?

Didn't she retire and leave the hospital to the apprentice? I didn't make the event, but I thought that's what the party was for a few weeks back.

Maybe she got tired of the junky tippers too...(ducks and flees)

Personally, I no longer heal anyone out of obligation. When I do heal someone, I am doing so for my own reasons. If they tip me, it's a nice perk. If it's a nice tip (Aislinge gave Kythryn a sweeeet pouch of gems the other day for a life saving heal), that's a double nice perk. However, I no longer put myself in the position to be annoyed or offended by bad tipers (insert the 'pull out good gem, put it back and grab crappy gem to tip with' scenario) because I no longer let myself go into healing situations feeling obligated to heal them in the first place.

Kythryn
Re: tipping? 02/13/2004 04:43 PM CST
<<Didn't she retire and leave the hospital to the apprentice?>>

Mirinn's retirement was from the Khalo rae Moda position only. She is still in charge of the Zoluren hospital.

GM Reexa

Re: tipping? 02/13/2004 05:20 PM CST
[quote]
Isn't Martyr just wonderful? I mean, she heals you quickly and she doesn't give you any attitude. It's just so great!
[/quote]

Heh, one time I took my ranger in there. I had a bunch of non-bleeders/scars and I think one bleeder. It was unusually busy in the empath guild, so I decided to at least let Kaiva tend to me. Kaiva makes short work of my bleeder, and I'm just sitting there trying to figure out what I can do. All of a sudden, Mirinn whips out this gigantic can of instant heal and starts taking all my wounds. She takes a few and then I notice I'm getting more bleeders every time she took something. I figured it would be manageable with the two of them working on me, so I nervously let it ride. Biggest dang mistake I ever made, I died and ended up with a several-plat debt at a time when just a few gold was a lot of money.

That blind guy in Haven also was weird, too. Never was able to get him to heal me.
Re: tipping? 02/13/2004 08:25 PM CST
Too bad the hospital in Zoluren doesn't even heal wounds under a certain severity...Unlike almost every single other hospital I can think of off the top of my head.

- Player of Miki & Cael

Re: tipping? 02/14/2004 04:46 AM CST
How fast are those npc healers anyway? I would think that any high 20's or low 30's empath could make them look foolish in a heal-off.

"Anyone who spends a significant amount of time with me finds me disagreeable."

~Purehand, Lord of the dance and overhealing
Re: tipping? 02/14/2004 11:41 AM CST
I like the chick up in Theren, she's sooooo good! The guy in Haven with his eye problems gets to be a pain at times. Crossing is so so for healing.. Quentin is just goofy.. The healer in Leth I believe is spiffy too.

So rating em:
Theren and Leth have the best Healers.

As for speed, their quick enough for me and don't whine about how much I pay.

Then again, I used to give out 5plat+ full pouches, and got tired of watching them just stow em away without much of a thank you.

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: tipping? 02/14/2004 03:18 PM CST
<<Then again, I used to give out 5plat+ full pouches, and got tired of watching them just stow em away without much of a thank you.>>

I know alot of empaths do this because generally we dont get good tips, even if they are in a pouch. So instead of getting excited then lookin in it and seeing that its only 5 or 6 gems, we stick it away and look in after the patient leaves the room. I try to look in all containers I'm given before the person leaves, just in case it is an extra nice bunch, but I'm not everyone.

-Etrina

Empaths are the key to a healthy fun online game....you make them mad we all suffer
-Arjen-
Re: tipping? 02/14/2004 04:15 PM CST
For a complete heal from an NPC empath...

I'd say it takes anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour depending on severity of wounds, if somebody else runs in and lies down, and how many if any breaks the NPC takes.

My personal favorite has been Quentin by far. I love the guy and whoever made him has a good sense of humor. He's just goofy. And he's fast, too.

- Player of Miki & Cael

Re: tipping? 02/15/2004 02:17 AM CST
<<Then again, I used to give out 5plat+ full pouches, and got tired of watching them just stow em away without much of a thank you.>>

I don't know why empaths are fighting with eachother, why empaths fight with patients, and why patients fight with empaths.

Well, I know why...because there are some complete doofuses out there who are empaths and utter dippity-dos who are patients....and they annoy us all to no end.

The thing is, i wish you wouldn't stop tipping just because some empaths are donkey butts. Just don't tip them anymore. But there are still some very good empaths out there.

And I wish empaths wouldn't act like donkey butts to all patients just because some are jerks. Just don't heal the jerks anymore. But there are still some very good patients out there.

Amorisse

Re: tipping? 02/15/2004 07:58 AM CST
Arthianna, in Leth, seems to take more breaks than any other of the autohealers I've used

Redfers

A shimmering mirror of shadows appears momentarily in the air above, briefly revealing a speckled falcon's face.
Re: tipping? 02/15/2004 04:55 PM CST
<<The thing is, i wish you wouldn't stop tipping just because some empaths are donkey butts. Just don't tip them anymore. But there are still some very good empaths out there.

Amen to that. In face, most of the empaths I know are very good. I highlight all the 'donkey butts' in red and use my new Elothean ignore feature on em.

Trebber
Re: tipping? 02/17/2004 06:40 PM CST

I never had that happened to me personally. Every single empath I've every given a gem pouch, coin or package has always said thank you. I honestly can't recall an ungrateful empath. That has been my experience. All have been very kind.

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: tipping? 02/17/2004 07:58 PM CST
I'm finding that lately my patients aren't bothering to stick around long enough for me to say thanks. Granted, it's probably easily gathered in the way I move (nod, smile, beam, etc) once something is given, but I'm not being left any time to put the items away and literally say thank you. Of course, I've also noticed that lately the grouches are either not bothering to grouch in the infirmary or are being good sports about it (Centauri was laughing about being skipped and poor, crippled Symphaena bravely stepped up even though she was just a finger and a toe away from complete peripheral paralyzation). That's always a good sign, I think.
Re: tipping? 02/27/2004 01:42 PM CST
I remember one package I made, I put 2 gem pouches full (about 3 plat worth), some gold jewlery, cards, cambrinth armband (uncharged) and a scroll and there was no reaction. I was afraid they got mad cuz I have them too much burden. LOL!

I never had that happened to me personally. Every single empath I've every given a gem pouch, coin or package has always said thank you. I honestly can't recall an ungrateful empath. That has been my experience. All have been very kind.

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: tipping? 02/27/2004 02:32 PM CST
A few weeks ago I was sitting around chatting with a friend and someone walked in, gave me 10 plat lirum, shook me, said "I need healing!", and ran off. He came back a few times after that and finally I touched him. He had no wounds at all. We need more people like him!

Posted by Yazegi
Spokesman for and drinker of rum
Re: tipping? 02/27/2004 04:21 PM CST
Congrat's Harshon, you made my list.

grin

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: tipping? 02/27/2004 04:48 PM CST
Yay! What list? Am I on it? Can I be?

Posted by Yazegi (who is feeling left out)
Spokesman for and drinker of rum
Re: tipping? 02/27/2004 05:22 PM CST
Was his name Stupid?

~~Fout Pouz moi, Zien paz moi~~
'Everything for me, nothing from me'

~The mind behind Raydell and many~
Re: tipping? 02/29/2004 08:50 AM CST
Were you in Crossings, and did it go something like this? This happened to me in the Crossings Empath guild just about a week ago...

Stupidity just arrived.
Stupidity drops some platinum coins.
You blink at Stupidity.
Stupidity just went east.
You laugh!
Ssliver says, "silly human"

* Stupidity was just struck down!
Re: tipping? 03/15/2004 09:01 AM CST
I've been reading through the thread on tipping - very interesting, only because I disagree with so much of it. (Although I can see the reasons for people feeling how they do.)

As an Empath, (and one who has several characters higher circle than my Empath) I hate pouches. I have my foraging pouch, (I hate aprons) two belt-worn gem pouches, two or three pouches in my backpack from tips... If someone hands me another pouch, well - it's likely to be a decent tip, but having to rummage through it and stow everything in the right places, ("Look in fifth pouch" gets old in a hurry) figure out what things are if it's not all gems so I express the proper level of enthusiasm, etc, is a pain. (Especially when I'm performing my patented "overheal, then backfire BS four times in a row trying to control eight massive bleeders while completely exhausted" technique.)

I'd much rather someone give me coins, or hand me a few gems. (Appropriate to their circle and just how beat up they were, of course.) I spend a lot of time in the Crossing infirmary, when I'm not out wrestling things - I make plenty for my needs as an empath from the two-gem payments.

On the other hand, one of the reasons I like to play my Empath is that I don't actually need much. I've got armor, a shield, cambrinth, and two or three bits of fluff - what else is there? I'm sure I'd feel differently if Empath were my primary guild as a player. (Which is why I try to shovel 5+ gold in gems at any Empath who heals me if I'm playing a higher circle character. I usually get stopped after five or six gems. Maybe I ought to use pouches...)
Prev_page Previous 1