Deadlier Scars 04/12/2014 01:26 AM CDT
Does anyone know whether the healing system has changed recently?

A few years ago, another Empath and I thoroughly tested the scar system. In short, if the Empath acquired a useless-level scar (to a vital part) by repeatedly healing his own wounds, the Empath would not die. This was true even if the Empath continued to heal his own wounds. The useless-level scar never became fatal to the Empath until the Empath attempted to transfer a scar from a patient (to the same part).

For years, I've been healing like that, and I've never died from accumulating scars by self-healing. However, a couple of weeks ago, I started dying.

For example, tonight, I eventually accumulated a useless-level chest scar by healing my own chest wounds. Before I could heal a patient's chest wound, I had to heal my own chest. I was not transferring any scars at the time. As soon as I cast Heal Wounds on my chest, I died. I did not have any lethal wounds, and I still had adequate vitality. See below for log.

Has something changed, and if so, is this working as intended?

> prep HW
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.

With tense movements you prepare your body for the Heal Wounds spell.

> harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

> harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the average amount already streaming around you.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

> cast chest reverse
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maintain your cyclic spell.

You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
The internal wounds on your chest appear better.
You feel the spell activate and attempt to repair the externally damaged area, but it is ineffective.
You stop listening to Cynisca.

You feel the surge of energy within you ebb away.
You feel less connected to the world around you as the Gift of Life spell ends.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 160 minutes.

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Deadlier Scars 04/12/2014 08:02 AM CDT
That's definitely some sort of nasty bug. I vaguely remember some mention of it a while back, and I think it's fixed in Test with the 3.1 stuff. At least, I tried to reproduce it over there some time ago and was unable to.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Deadlier Scars 04/12/2014 08:02 PM CDT
I have not seen anything on my empath, though I heal somewhat tamely. So I VERY much could be overlooking said bug.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.