Stiff casting 01/25/2013 10:13 AM CST
After 3.0 was released I noticed that while casting healing spells I was stiff and tense when casting. Not a huge fan of it ... but since I'm a fan of about a billion other cool changes that came with 3.0 I'm just wondering if there is going to be a way to change how it looks to others when Kaelie is casting or if she's always going to look tense and miserable about it???

By the way, again ... a HUGE fan of some of the changes. Sad that she is now can't cast GS anymore but just gives me something to look forward to.

And the faint shadow of her once having had shock still has other Empaths pulling back in disgust. Is that also a forever thing that is just now part of who she is? (The shock was 10 plus years ago)
Re: Stiff casting 01/25/2013 12:25 PM CST
> After 3.0 was released I noticed that while casting healing spells I was stiff and tense when casting. Not a huge fan of it ... but since I'm a fan of about a billion other cool changes that came with 3.0 I'm just wondering if there is going to be a way to change how it looks to others when Kaelie is casting or if she's always going to look tense and miserable about it???

This. Thank you for mentioning this.

I've noticed one or two other empaths who are casting meditatively instead of tensely and have been trying to figure out why. I really miss the deep breath before prepping - that had a real empathic flavor to it. The tense movements don't really match my empath's frame of mind. I'm not tense!

How can I swap out the tense move for the meditative mood?

- Dromond
Re: Stiff casting 01/27/2013 01:02 AM CST
I agree, I'm not a fan of our default prep now either.

Player of: Lyathe and Saslisena
Re: Stiff casting 01/27/2013 03:54 PM CST
I don't have enough data to back this up, but it looks like the rigid/stiff/meditative preps may be racially based.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: Stiff casting 01/27/2013 09:20 PM CST
I had a Kaldar empath out just a short time ago. The spell prep I got was meditative.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Stiff casting 01/27/2013 10:03 PM CST
my Rakash empath has a tense prep

prep mef 30
That will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
With tense movements you prepare your body for the Mental Focus spell.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Stiff casting 01/27/2013 11:09 PM CST
These are the default life mana preps, the exact adjective (tense, meditative, etc) varies from person to person. There isn't a way to choose which adjective you get, but if it really bothers you, you can pick up an alternate prep someplace like Throne City or Hollow Eve + the magic feat to use an alternate prep.

>>And the faint shadow of her once having had shock still has other Empaths pulling back in disgust. Is that also a forever thing that is just now part of who she is? (The shock was 10 plus years ago)

For now it's forever. There may someday be a way to cleanse the shock scar, but it is pretty long way down the list.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge
Re: Stiff casting 01/28/2013 07:05 AM CST
>For now it's forever. There may someday be a way to cleanse the shock scar, but it is pretty long way down the list.

Spend one month assisting a certain NPC with vela'tohr.

Asbhuan
Re: Stiff casting 01/28/2013 01:24 PM CST
>>DR-Melete: These are the default life mana preps, the exact adjective (tense, meditative, etc) varies from person to person. There isn't a way to choose which adjective you get, but if it really bothers you, you can pick up an alternate prep someplace like Throne City or Hollow Eve + the magic feat to use an alternate prep.

Are all of the adjectives one word? If not, would you mind posting a list of the possible adjectives? My spell variable triggers would thank you!

P.S. I got "tense," which is nice.

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.