Empathic Uberness Idea 09/13/2011 11:42 AM CDT
As I sit and ponder various threads from Melete regarding the upcoming changes which will affect all guilds, I had a thought. Currently, once an empath gets to 60th circle, I believe they have all the spells as they currently exist. Sure, you can pick up Strange Arrow, Energy Bolt, and Manifest Force, but you're basically done at 60th. Also, at 60th you're able to heal just about anyone and anything without a tremendous amount of effort on your part. I understand why there are so many alt empaths out there, because the end game for empaths just isn't all that exciting. At 115th circle, there hasn't been anything new or exciting for the past 50 circles or so.

But what about this?

What if we had a 100th circle ability, or a spell that could provide mass healing? At the upper levels of empathic skill, I envision being able to draw from my ability to perceive health and heal more than one person at a time. This would be similar to the cleric's ability to rejuvenate multiple deaders in one room, but instead would provide healing over time.

Some additional thoughts:

In keeping with magic 3.0, make it a cyclic spell, similar to Regenerate where it pulses

Perhaps make it a group mechanic spell, where those that want healing will have to JOIN the empath, similar to a paladin casting Courage

I see something like this requiring intense concentration, similar to shifting, so an empath using this ability will not be able to perform any other actions.

By itself, it's not very useful for the occasional patient that comes along, but for invasion/tournament triage, or at gathering places like the bin in Langenfirth it would be extremely useful. If multiple empaths are present and using the same ability, then the healing goes faster for everyone.

Just an idea that I thought I'd toss out there.

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn