concentration destroying the way I heal 02/03/2008 01:13 PM CST
help?

i am 70th circle and not able to heal the speedy way I used too
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/03/2008 01:20 PM CST
Did you try using GOL?
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/03/2008 02:08 PM CST
That surprises the snot out of me. Off the top of my head, things that might help include:

-Make sure you use Gift of Life
-Train discipline the next chance you get
-If you were performing "quick" transfers, try dropping back down to normal speed ones and continue initiating them at your usual rapid pace. That shouldn't really slow you down very much, and might be less taxing.

Thanks,
-Kaith Partani Karthor
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/03/2008 02:32 PM CST
The unintended release of the new concentration has definitely played havoc with Empath abilities across the board. I don't have much familiarity with that many other guilds anymore, are they all having the same troubles we are?

I'm hoping all this is getting sorted out as quickly as it can be.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/03/2008 03:31 PM CST
Heh. I still haven't changed my routine a bit and I am not noticing any problems at 50ish circle (I forget, lazy to log on). I use QUICK and take every body part in order.

Rev. Reene

You ask, "Ever eat a Halfling?"

The grumpy Shadow Servant quietly says, "I only eat what you give me, but I thought you said we weren't going to talk about that incident."
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/03/2008 09:11 PM CST
>>The unintended release of the new concentration has definitely played havoc with Empath abilities across the board. I don't have much familiarity with that many other guilds anymore, are they all having the same troubles we are?

Mostly, but that's because some abilities have already been converted already. Ways travel, barb abilities (which were completely overlooked), and thief khri are all using the new formulas now. Other abilities are slated to be worked on, like Manipulate, and others, like empathic healing or linking, aren't very affected by the change because they are still usably potent or they never had that much of a concentration hit anyways.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/03/2008 09:30 PM CST
>>they are still usably potent or they never had that much of a concentration hit anyways.

This is not entirely accurate. Partial transfers do have a respectable concentrate hit.

Shaunn
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/04/2008 12:37 AM CST
I'm experiencing the same concentration issues with QUICK healing that others are reporting, but it usually only completely drains me on large cases (Such as on deaders) Unfortunately, dropping back to normal speed healing tends to severely impact the amount of empathy I can learn. I've gotten around it personally by pre-casting a 30 stream BS before initiating a tough heal, which will stop up my bleeders usually for about ten minutes, which is enough time for me to get some concentration back in order to Heal myself. The real issue comes with combat healing, after someone has stumbled, been stunned, and beaten up pretty badly. I'm used to just Healing it all at a go, and continue fighting. But now, I'm commonly dropping Regenerate and AD due to low concentration when I do that, which makes combat, especially with an influx of new, severe wounds, all the harder to deal with.

Partial transfers, as Shaunn has mentioned are also quite a bit more annoying now.
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/04/2008 10:35 AM CST
I don't want to reveal too much, but the concentration impacts of healing are being looked at.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/04/2008 02:44 PM CST
>The unintended release of the new concentration has definitely played havoc with Empath abilities across the board.

While I understand what you are getting at it has not tanked Empath abilities across the board. Having 7 young Empaths (under 20th by circle, but circle and skill are not one and the same) in Plat I can assure you that on the low end of the circle spectrum it has been a significant help.

As Sete's player noted we have had fun recently with a barricade and hot oil/naptha/tons of stones/catapults etc. that have left many of us including Sete and I pretty well beaten to a pulp. Internal and external bleeders in every body part were not uncommon.

Perhaps simple is better at times. BS has been the boon that has gotten me through it and that includes attacking the barricade and combat healing in the many recent invasions sticking in the thick of it to keep the mages and fighters in combat without them having to leave the battle. I don't use quick and don't even have AD or Regen just go with normal healing. I have suspected it has been harder on Sete than on any of my Empaths, we just never talked about it directly.

Asbhuan
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/04/2008 03:35 PM CST
<<I have suspected it has been harder on Sete than on any of my Empaths, we just never talked about it directly.>>

I say slap Sete with his chicken!

'Lint

Spotlight:
Hworang exclaims, "stouty to the rescue!"
Hworang shakes his stout lockpick!
There is a sudden flash of green light, and Hworang goes flying through the air away from a misshaped pine chest.
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/04/2008 04:09 PM CST
"Tanked" is a tad more harsh than the phrase I used, "played havoc with", but I don't think we're contradicting each other. In my experience as the player of a much higher-circled Empath, who does use quick healing, likes to occasionally hold three or four links at the same time, manipulate, etc. etc., and sometimes use multiple skills at once, it's been a much harsher experience. Some things such as link don't have a terribly big concentration hit on their own, but percentage wise it is much larger than before and these things add together.

I do realize the whole concentration issue was unintended, and I know it's actively being worked on, but I'm just sayin'.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: concentration destroying the way I heal 02/04/2008 04:51 PM CST
<<I do realize the whole concentration issue was unintended, and I know it's actively being worked on, but I'm just sayin'.>>

Like, what are you sayin'?
::waits::

'Lint

Spotlight:
Hworang exclaims, "stouty to the rescue!"
Hworang shakes his stout lockpick!
There is a sudden flash of green light, and Hworang goes flying through the air away from a misshaped pine chest.