Losing gangrene with active wounds? 12/07/2007 03:28 AM CST
So, I know gangrene goes away, given enough time while dormant with perfect health.

But this?

>heal
Your body feels slightly battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the head, a few nearly invisible scars along the head, some minor abrasions to the neck, a few nearly invisible scars along the neck, some minor abrasions to the right arm, a few nearly invisible scars along the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm, an occasional twitching in the left arm, some tiny scratches to the right leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the right leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the left leg, deep slashes across the chest area, deep slashes across the abdomen, minor swelling and bruising in the back compounded by cuts and bruises about the back, some tiny scars across the back, a few nearly invisible scars along the right eye.

Bleeding
Area Rate

head (tended)
chest (tended)
abdomen moderate(tended)
>
Thin ribbons of red-gold light dance around you, suffusing your tingling body in a fiery glow.
Your left arm feels slightly better.
Your left arm is completely healed of all external scarring.

(insert LOTS of Regenerate spam)

>heal
Your body feels slightly battered.
You have some minor abrasions to the head, a few nearly invisible scars along the head, some tiny scars across the neck, an occasional twitching in the left arm, a few nearly invisible scars along the right leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the left leg, deep slashes across the chest area, deep slashes across the abdomen, an occasional twitching in the back.

Bleeding
Area Rate

chest (tended)
abdomen heavy

Your wounds are infected.
>mana
You have a nearly complete attunement to the mana flowing through this area.
You are currently harnessing a vast amount of mana into a localized line around you.
Use MANA HELP for more.
>tend my abdomen
You work carefully at tending your wound.
Doing your best, you are able to stop the bleeding.

(more regen spam)
>heal
Your body feels at full strength.
You have a few nearly invisible scars along the neck, deep slashes across the chest area, deep slashes across the abdomen, some tiny scars across the back, some minor twitching.

Bleeding
Area Rate

chest (tended)
abdomen (tended)

Your wounds are infected.

(even MORE Regenerate spam)

>heal
Your body feels at full strength.
You have deep slashes across the chest area, deep slashes across the abdomen, some minor twitching.

Bleeding
Area Rate

chest (tended)
abdomen (tended)

(To be honest, I didn't even see it until I cast CD with the leftover mana from the Regenerate.)

>prep cd
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Cure Disease spell.
>
Your head feels slightly better.
Your head is completely healed of all internal scarring.
>
The tingling across your body diminishes as you feel the motes of energy fade away.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast
You gesture.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
A wave of vertigo washes over you as your spell seeks out disease in your body. However, you don't seem to be so afflicted.

Comments?

PoKaeta

<<Those that are mentally impaired were traditionally killed at birth. Due to our current circumstances, you may find some that were not given this kindness.>>
- DRAKEWARLORD
Re: Losing gangrene with active wounds? 12/07/2007 03:02 PM CST
I healed someone recently who experienced the same thing. He actually had wounds sprouting from the infection and it suddenly disappeared. Is this related to the recent adjustment to how frequently disease comes from wounds and the severity? If so, I like the change. I don't think all infected wounds should lead to probable death.

~ Player of Lyathe
Re: Losing gangrene with active wounds? 12/07/2007 03:55 PM CST
Moreover, if you have all your wounds tended infections should at least have a chance to get better if not guaranteed to.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html