Transference Suggestions 11/10/2007 10:57 PM CST
I am not sure if this has been suggested before, so if it has please bear with me.

Would it be possible, with higher ranks of empathy, to be able to enter a single command to take multiple wounds?

For example if I were to:
>TAKE <VICTIM> LEFT HAND ALL

And have it take all fresh wounds and the scars on the part automatically?

As empathy goes up, you could have it expand so you can do larger body parts, or even the entire body.

>TAKE <VICTIM> INTERNAL SCAR ALL
>TAKE <VICTIM> LIMBS ALL
>TAKE <VICTIM> ALL

I think this would be a nice perk for having high ranks of Empathy instead of slamming out scripts repeatedly. Or to go back and mop up stray scars that were missed afterwards. I also think there would be a degree of 'cool' factor to be able to heal an entire patient with one command due to high levels of skill.

Anyways, thought I'd post it before I forgot about it
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/10/2007 11:22 PM CST
<<I think this would be a nice perk for having high ranks of Empathy instead of slamming out scripts repeatedly. Or to go back and mop up stray scars that were missed afterwards. I also think there would be a degree of 'cool' factor to be able to heal an entire patient with one command due to high levels of skill.>>

This.

Gosh, please?

I would also like to request that, should this alternate process be implemented, it not double the scar. That is to say, wounds healed in this manner would not leave a scar behind that then had to be taken separately.

~Laril
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 12:19 AM CST
Being able to take wounds without leaving scars would be a nice higher-end empathy perk.

Rev. Reene

Reene: So I'm playing WoW now.
Idon: Oh yeah? What do you play?
Reene: An undead warlock named Tezirah and a blood elf priest named Tallis.
Idon: ...I don't think we can be friends anymore.
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 05:17 PM CST
I like the idea of a TAKE ALL option. But I'm worried that the idea of higher level Empaths not leaving a scar clould lead to people being more reluctant to accept healing from a newbie Empath.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 05:18 PM CST
More reasons to make non-healing ways of learning Empathy more accessible to newbie Empaths.

I don't think it would be appreciably slower anyway. Just easier for us, and maybe it could teach better too.

Rev. Reene

Reene: So I'm playing WoW now.
Idon: Oh yeah? What do you play?
Reene: An undead warlock named Tezirah and a blood elf priest named Tallis.
Idon: ...I don't think we can be friends anymore.
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 05:49 PM CST
>I like the idea of a TAKE ALL option. But I'm worried that the idea of higher level Empaths not leaving a scar clould lead to people being more reluctant to accept healing from a newbie Empath.

I'm not worried about it. Most scripts go so fast it wouldn't be noticeable, except for us watching the scroll that isn't squelched.

I'd love a take all, even if it was only in one location.

~player of Xochi
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 05:59 PM CST
>>But I'm worried that the idea of higher level Empaths not leaving a scar clould lead to people being more reluctant to accept healing from a newbie Empath.

There are pros and cons to this. When I'm looking for a trader to sell my gem pouches, I clearly want the one with the higher skill that can get me a better payoff. When I'm looking for CJ or predicts from a moonmage, I want the one who can get me the better skill boost. And when I want armor or weapons, of course the Paladin or Barbarian with the better skill would be the one I want the product from.

That being said, if I desperately need any of the above, I'd gratefully accept it from whomever was providing. Couple that with the fact that finding an empath can already be exceptionally difficult and that older empaths, on average, find their majority of their Empathy experience from perc health, I'd have to say this would have minimal impact on younger folks.

>>Just easier for us, and maybe it could teach better too.

This. Personally, I believe that healing needs to be made more attractive to higher level empaths. We need something to shoot for and encourage to continue to do occasional stints helping other adventurers. This would be an option that would let those who would heal others if it were more fun/convenient do so without requiring anyone to spend time doing it if they don't want to.
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 07:16 PM CST
>This. Personally, I believe that healing needs to be made more attractive to higher level empaths. We need something to shoot for and encourage to continue to do occasional stints helping other adventurers. This would be an option that would let those who would heal others if it were more fun/convenient do so without requiring anyone to spend time doing it if they don't want to.

The funny thing is, this is sort of true in the fallen too. The empaths with the most empathy are the ones that never heal people. They just run around and perceive health.
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 07:25 PM CST
>>The funny thing is, this is sort of true in the fallen too. The empaths with the most empathy are the ones that never heal people. They just run around and perceive health.

Precisely. We're primarily supposed to be healers. Why is healing not the best way to learn empathy? I'm not suggesting a downtweak to perc health at all, but if we primarily learn empathy through Perc Health, and the only other places where Empathy makes a difference are shifting and manipulating, why have it as a skill? Empathy really needs to have more functions associated with it.
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 07:37 PM CST
>Precisely. We're primarily supposed to be healers. Why is healing not the best way to learn empathy? I'm not suggesting a downtweak to perc health at all, but if we primarily learn empathy through Perc Health, and the only other places where Empathy makes a difference are shifting and manipulating, why have it as a skill? Empathy really needs to have more functions associated with it.

A secondary EXP pool like with shoplifting (which doesn't penalize you for learning well like the one for trading) would be great. However, I don't think the GMs really want to introduce more of these. I wish they would though...
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 08:14 PM CST
>A secondary EXP pool like with shoplifting (which doesn't penalize you for learning well like the one for trading) would be great.

Oh that's not a good idea for Empathy skill, IMO. Traders and Thief's can take a break, but if you are healing during invasions, busy times, healing for hunting group that would totally negate an Empath staying and continuing to heal do to mind state.

~player of Xochi
Re: Transference Suggestions 11/11/2007 08:33 PM CST
>Oh that's not a good idea for Empathy skill, IMO. Traders and Thief's can take a break, but if you are healing during invasions, busy times, healing for hunting group that would totally negate an Empath staying and continuing to heal do to mind state.

I think you need to reread what I just wrote.