Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 05:59 AM CDT
Heh, guess I'm alone but I'm gonna say Gooo zMUD

Triggers you say?
#CLASS {Healing|Examine|Chest} {disable}
#TRIGGER {Fresh External: * -- (*)} {
#VAR chestefwound {%1}
#VAR healarea %additem( "chest", @healarea)
}
#TRIGGER {Scars External: * -- (*)} {
#VAR chesteswound {%1}
#VAR healarea %additem( "chest scar", @healarea)
}
#TRIGGER {Scars Internal: * -- (*)} {
#VAR chestiswound {%1}
#VAR healarea %additem( "chest internal scar", @healarea)
}
#TRIGGER {Fresh Internal: * -- (*)} {
#VAR chestifwound {%1}
#VAR healarea %additem( "chest internal", @healarea)
}
#TRIGGER {Wounds to the *~:} {#T- Chest} "" {skip|param=1}
#CLASS 0
Just a glimpse into my healing world.

Someday maybe people will worship me for my efforts in a different direction, maybe I'm the new Kitrix! I doubt it.

I personally think these old qbasic if/then, next, line to line programs are... old skool.
Re: Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 08:25 AM CDT
old skool maybe, but qbasic if/then statements are simple and easily understood by the masses. Even the oldest, most computer illiterate person can learn to script easily. That's why they exist I think. A lot of people would have a hard time grasping the concept of (*)}{

>assist request to bug Reexa for no good reason whatsoever
>assist position
You are number 1 in the premium assist queue.

SEND[Reexa] Boohiss!

>snicker
You snicker.
Re: Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 09:32 AM CDT
<<A lot of people would have a hard time grasping the concept of (*)}{

I am one of those people. I can write scripts for the wizard, but some of the involved scripts for zMud and Genie just confound me. I can follow the wizard scripts easily, I just can't on the others. There seems to be a lack of documentation on them.

If they had documentation that said, 'This is used like this and blaa blaa blaa' I think more people would be inclined to use them. Its just gibberish without clear, concise documentation.

Drevid

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Re: Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 10:04 AM CDT
Sorry, Drevid, in your (and most other people's) case there's simply nothing wrong with ZMud's help system. All of your issues with it are stemming from familiarity differences between Wizard and ZMud. That's naturally the case for anyone attempting to move from one language to another (and slamming into that brick wall is really annoying, yes).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 11:22 AM CDT
Although, it would be nice if people commented their scripts for those not familiar with the other scripting languages when posting to the board to show off.
Re: Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 02:55 PM CDT
Show off? I'd not say it was my intent to show off. I was merely adding my 2cents to a bunch of posts regarding certain programs.

As for the code, for anyone who uses zMUD it will make a lot of sense. Someday I may post the whole script in the zMUD forms to see what others think and how they actually script it out.

Hell, I'll even admit that zMUD has its weaknesses. Even with the once agreement that Zugg had with Simu (who knows if it still exists) zMUD still fails to be able to access properly certain codes which seem to be inherently built into wizard/sf/geni. While work arounds can be built, they're not 100% foolproof. The day zMUD or cMUD allows me to calculate roundtime like any of the wizard based programs I mentioned, I'll be a happy camper. What do I mean? When all those behind-the -scene GSL (and others as well) codes you wizards-based-program users take for granted are harnessed to their full potential... This is, I will admit, one nice advantage to such programs.
Re: Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 03:49 PM CDT
>>Even with the once agreement that Zugg had with Simu (who knows if it still exists) zMUD still fails to be able to access properly certain codes which seem to be inherently built into wizard/sf/geni.

Hey, shut your trap, man! We don't need to introduce "wait 1 second..." to ZMud or CMud. :)

Actually, all of the GSL tags that are built into those three FEs are already easily accessible and %100 working properly in ZMud. The stormfront XML is now working 100% correctly in the latest beta version of CMud, but it's never going to work properly in ZMud due to its age and development status (that is, it's no longer being actively developed).

Right now, unless Simutronics fixes some bug in the SGE protocol or in one of the four FE modes there's nothing that CMud cannot do that Wizard, SF, or eScape (Genie's third-party just like ZMud is) can do.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Bah to wizard based programs 09/09/2007 04:22 PM CDT
Nice, Zhop. ZMud/CMud fan myself. Though I use CMud sparingly because its so buggy.

-Desperado Clemency Apollonia, Journeyman Empath of Elanthia

>prod raccoon
It might be a bit safer if a young raccoon was dead first.

SEND[Reexa] :::whine::: go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy