New disease and poison system 06/17/2005 11:21 PM CDT
I had two incidents recently that make me dislike this new system. First, I healed someone who failed to pick through a poison bolt trap and failed to affect the poison I'd taken upon myself even at 40 mana! Thats a bit.. insane. I had 5 poisoned body parts and could not affect the poison in the least. The second incident was.. person failed to pick through a disease trap and was infected. Disease left her for another person in the room. I healed that person and prepped cure disease, but when I casted I wasn't diseased. So I healed the SAME person I just finished healing of disease and prepped cure disease again.. I casted, I prepped again, I casted.. and I wasn't diseased! It had returned to the person I had just healed YET AGAIN! This isn't a rant, but as you can see there is room for improvement here. Being a 60+ empath with over 300 PM, I think it quite strange that I could not affect the poison I was being inflicted with even at 40 mana. The disease being passed about at such a fast speed is a nutty

Aluring takes a pair of dark wooden horns off her head.
Aluring puts her horns in her duffel bag.
Aluring says, "Being horny gets ya killed."
Re: New disease and poison system 06/18/2005 12:00 AM CDT
<< had 5 poisoned body parts and could not affect the poison in the least.>>

Were you just casting general FPs or were the casts targeted to one of the specific body parts? Did you leak any mana from the spell when you cast at 40 mana?

<<Disease left her for another person in the room.>>

I don't think diseases can just leave one person totally and jump into a new person. One person can make a room full of people sick, but shouldn't be cured themselves when that happens.

<<I healed that person and prepped cure disease, but when I casted I wasn't diseased.>>

Wasn't that first stage of fleshrot, skin sensitivity, not cureable until it moved into the fleshrot stage? Might have been what was keeping you from healing yourself.

<<So I healed the SAME person I just finished healing of disease>>

If you were able to heal them again then either you didn't get all of the disease or they managed to catch it again from another source(which may have been you).

<<Being a 60+ empath with over 300 PM, I think it quite strange that I could not affect the poison I was being inflicted with even at 40 mana. The disease being passed about at such a fast speed is a nutty>>

From what you said about the way the disease was passed around it doesn't make much sense at all. Were you able to finally heal it and then cure yourself of it? The skin sensitivity/fleshrot are kinda quarky. I haven't seen a lot of it myself so it's hard really know if that's just the way that disease works. If it was bouncing around other people in the room while you were healing perhaps you should have taken the sick one to a room with just the two of you.

~Nexty
Re: New disease and poison system 06/18/2005 05:28 AM CDT
> I had two incidents recently that make me dislike this new system. First, I healed someone who failed to pick through a poison bolt trap and failed to affect the poison I'd taken upon myself even at 40 mana!

I actually meant to post about that a while ago, but forgot. There is some buggy poison out there. The same thing happened when I healed someone's poison from a box. After I transfered it, capped FPs didn't affect the poison at all.

wandering, not wondering - not praying for, nor pondering...
Re: New disease and poison system 06/19/2005 08:13 PM CDT
I don't even know what to say about this.. you're saying I'm wrong about nearly everything I stated in my post.
I don't know whether you're trying to help or second guess me since text shows no tone. Let me clarify..

<<Were you just casting general FPs or were the casts targeted to one of the specific body parts? Did you leak any mana from the spell when you cast at 40 mana?>>

I tried casting general and casting at each and every one of the specifically poisoned body parts. No I did not leak any mana. Tried with and without camb. First I tried 15 and tried various amounts of mana up to 40 before giving up.

<<I don't think diseases can just leave one person totally and jump into a new person. One person can make a room full of people sick, but shouldn't be cured themselves when that happens.>>

The disease first affected the person that blew the box, then I percieved health to see I or my other friend was affected. The person who blew the trap was no longer diseased and was not healed of it. It jumped from her to my other friend.

<<Wasn't that first stage of fleshrot, skin sensitivity, not cureable until it moved into the fleshrot stage? Might have been what was keeping you from healing yourself.>>

Again, no. What was keeping me from healing the disease was it kept leaving me and going back to the person I had just taken it from.

<<If you were able to heal them again then either you didn't get all of the disease or they managed to catch it again from another source(which may have been you).>>

You know when you heal someone and see the message /The patient is no longer diseased/? Well I saw that each and EVERY time I healed the diseased from my patient. I touched the person again to check for wounds that may have been left by the disease and prepped Cure Disease spell. By the time the spell was fully prepared and I had casted it I was no longer diseased, but the person I had just freed of diseased had caught it again. It completely left me for the person I had just completely healed.. twice! Only once was I able to cast CD before it left me. Finally I went to find an empty room to heal due to the frustration of having to retake the same disease.

<<From what you said about the way the disease was passed around it doesn't make much sense at all. Were you able to finally heal it and then cure yourself of it? The skin sensitivity/fleshrot are kinda quarky. I haven't seen a lot of it myself so it's hard really know if that's just the way that disease works. If it was bouncing around other people in the room while you were healing perhaps you should have taken the sick one to a room with just the two of you.>>

Exactly why I am posting. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. As stated in reply above, I finally left the room because I didn't want to go through it again. I don't know if the GMs are aware of incidents such as this so I thought I'd share it. If they are aware.. get it fixed Reexa and model your toga!

~The sweet and innocent Yazegi~

Re: New disease and poison system 06/19/2005 08:58 PM CDT
<<I don't know whether you're trying to help or second guess me since text shows no tone. Let me clarify..>>

I was attempting to extract more informations about your situation. The post you wrote was a bit hard for me to understand. That and I'd never heard of diseases working the way you were describing so I wanted to be sure the "basics" were coverd. When your computer wont start, the first thing you check is to make sure it's plugged in.

<<I tried casting general and casting at each and every one of the specifically poisoned body parts.>>

It does seem odd that a 60th-ish Empath couldn't heal down a poison. I suppose it is possible that the poison is supposed to be set that high, but does seem odd. It may be the poison is harder to cure as time goes on. I guess a way to check would be to find the same trap off the same critter and get it too shoot you full of poison and then try to heal them down right away. It might even get worse from transfering the wound, which would be really wierd and sounds like a bug.

<<What was keeping me from healing the disease was it kept leaving me and going back to the person I had just taken it from.>>

Ok, that is wierd. Doesn't sound right at all. The disease shouldn't be moving that fast and even if it were, you should have stayed diseased as well. If it's supposed to be doing that a message stating that the diseases has snapped back to the orignal patient would be nice. At least we wouldn't think we were going crazy.

~Nexty
Re: New disease and poison system 06/19/2005 10:14 PM CDT
<<I don't know if the GMs are aware of incidents such as this so I thought I'd share it. If they are aware.. get it fixed Reexa and model your toga!>>

Hopefully when Obseden is returned, and has a bit to catch his breath from all the recent stuff he's been doing, he can take a look at this.

And I need to shrink my rear a bit before I go for the toga.

GM Reexa

Re: New disease and poison system 06/20/2005 09:44 AM CDT
Togas are very forgiving and hide a multitude of sins (and cookies, ice cream cones, etc.).

~Dulcinia

I can't imagine what more it would take to qualify myself as a hunter when some fat redneck drinking six beers and holding a rifle in the woods gets to have a hunter title, but whatever. --Teeklin
Re: New disease and poison system 06/20/2005 09:51 AM CDT
>Togas are very forgiving and hide a multitude of sins (and cookies, ice cream cones, etc.).

I'm just too hippy to fit both me and my boyfriends under it. ;) Even the gingerbread and honey ones.
Re: New disease and poison system 06/20/2005 09:56 AM CDT
Heh...I've also heard that if you choose an interesting pattern or something for your toga cloth, it'll help...distract...if you're looking for something like that.

My friend once went to a toga party with a "money" toga...that was entertaining.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: New disease and poison system 06/22/2005 10:27 PM CDT
I do know that traps blown by failing to pick through are more severe than if you failed to disarm them, but when it comes to the poison bolts and disease boxes they're a bit wacky. I can heal poison from other trap types, but it require more than normal amounts of mana to due so due to the severity of the poison/disease. Also, the poison bolt traps are not purgable by thieves while all other poison types are.