Requirements for Life Impartation 04/12/2005 05:27 PM CDT
Is it supposed to be the case that a corpse cannot be resurrected with a devastating-level leg wound? There was also a useless-level scar there, so that may have been the culprit, but in either case it seems odd to me that one couldn't be resurrected with a busted up leg. I'm certain that it was something with that leg though, as taking "part" of both the wound and the scar made the person resurrectable.

Thanks,
-Master Healer Karthor
Re: Requirements for Life Impartation 04/12/2005 05:35 PM CDT
I believe that there is a skill level involved with raising, that it's not just a blanket thing...I was in the guild the other day helping someone get raised, and the cleric asked me to take more than just bleeding wounds...and I think there's been a discussion about this on the cleric boards, can't remember.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

Your mind hears Taygar thinking, "(I)"

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: Requirements for Life Impartation 04/12/2005 09:10 PM CDT
There is skill involved in the raising. What it amounts to is that with more skill/mana the cleric imparts more health to the victim upon raising them. The system checks the level of the wounds on the corpse, and the amount of power of the raise, and if the power is great enough to overcome the wounds, the cleric can raise, otherwise either the wounds need to be healed some or more mana needs to be infused into the spell pattern. Personally I never raise a corpse with internal bleeders, or external bleeding wounds that aren't tended completely, since if the corpse dies again I feel indebted to reraise them, and there goes another 10-15 minutes of my time (since I'm probably fairly tapped with infusing for the previous raise and will need to wait for my attunement to recover).

Disclaimer: The above isn't proven fact, but based on my observations of the last 25-30 raises.

~Heroiklim

Can you look out the window, without your shadow getting in the way?