I hate infection 03/23/2005 09:49 PM CST
This isn't so much Empath related as it is just generally infection related, so if it shold be in another folder or somplace altogether different pleaes let me know.

Other than to curb the amount of time people were keeping pet bleeders around, what is the point of infection?

I feel like an idiot when I have to go to an Empath and ask them if they could take just my infection so I can continue to practice bandagin' my wounds.

Yesterday I died from infection once. Had to go to an empath to be clenaed of my infection once, and logged for the night with infection. After having last nights infection cleaned upon waking I've been to an empath 2 other times since to have infectin cleaned in the last 7 hours. This is annoying.

/end rant

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep infection at bay?

The Turtle Moves
Re: I hate infection 03/24/2005 07:21 AM CST
I usually ask my patients with infections how the bleeder came about. Most say that it was a box that caused it, or they swam while bleeding. Not sure if this accelerates the rate of infection but if it does, thats some logical and sweet coding! I would avoid these two things.

The time for a bleeder to get infected is based on something (stamina and FA maybe) but there is also a random factor, try to determine how long you can keep a bleeder, or just tend it until MLed and get it healed.

If all else fails, find me in game, I love taking infection... for the experience... yea... the experience.

-Player of Davidofv

So, the caterpiller has emerged from the cocoon, as a shark, with a gun for a mouth.

You exclaim, "Im a mad skra!"
Tribanin chuckles.
Tribanin gestures at you, asking that you no longer speak freely.
Tribanin says, "The mad skra, is silenced."
Re: I hate infection 03/24/2005 07:25 AM CST
I've also noticed that if you ditch the bleeder and go get another one that the mystical powers that calculate when you get infected change, so you might just go get a new bleeder. I've had some get infected almost instantly, and some that took 5 days to get infected

Souv

Collecting commissions...
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
Re: I hate infection 03/24/2005 07:29 AM CST
It's the seeming randomness that gets me.

I started out cleaned of infection
Had infection cleaned twice in 7 hours.

It's been 10.5 hours since I was last cleaned and no infection yet.

and I'll agree swiming while bleeding does seem to accelerate the infection, as does being in marshy/boggy areas even if there's no actual swimming involved when you move room to room.

The Turtle Moves
Re: I hate infection 03/24/2005 09:13 AM CST
welcome to the real infection club question... no one really knows how the timer works and no one has been able to figure it out... of course, PAFO is in effect

Souv

Collecting commissions...
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
Re: I hate infection 03/24/2005 09:47 AM CST
Foraging increases your chance of getting infected too. Wash your hands.

Purehand is dead and in no condition to continue teaching you.

~Purehand
Re: I hate infection 03/27/2005 11:21 PM CST
I think infections spring up when the Infirmary runs out of patients.

~ Nausi