Disease 08/02/2004 05:28 AM CDT
Does it make much sense for disease to still be full-fledged and active if you've healed all wounds that show? It doesn't make much sense that if you have a huge leg infection, and you've got a slight internal that you cant see on your neck. That because of that you have pustules bubbling from every orifice in your body.

-Gromnir
---
You say, "i feel like im caught in some chinese fingertrap of murder"
http://www.soldoursoultoplay.net
Re: Disease 08/02/2004 05:54 AM CDT
If it makes you feel any better (which it probably won't) Gort had one slight bleeder and NO wounds otherwise, that I know of (ran a full IWH and ISH healing script)....tended, got infected, wounds exploded everywhere and died...all within 30-45 seconds of the last tend.

Gortday
sighs

Sometimes I really hate bein an Elf....

Watch out, I'm comming, and when I get to you it's not going to be pretty!
Re: Disease 08/02/2004 11:12 AM CDT

I suppose it depends on what the disease is. Gangrene is supposed to be the dying of tissue. I find it odd that infections in DR DO tend to be limited to wounds only for the most part, because a person can have an infection of the blood, or of the CNS.

By that token, you would think there could be some representation for disease symptoms and damage that wouldn't be WOUNDS. Overall inflammation throughout the entire body, or fluid accumulating...it isn't a cut, or a bruise (all swelling is directly linked to bruising)

But..yeah...if you get an infection..and it reaches the circulatory system, even if you heal where the infection entered the body, the infection can still thrive in the circulatory system..and therein get carried to other systems..and lay waste to the body. Sepsis can be EXTREMELY life threatening, and death can come on very suddenly.

So..I can see where there is logic for what is happening to you, Gromnir, but IF that is what is supposed to be happening..then the symptoms that occur when that happens should show up. Fever, chills, rapid pulse, disorientation, and joint pain... Basically, ..if you have septicemia...you are going to feel it at some point BEFORE it kills you.

~player of Syrath

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
http://www.geocities.com/staanstok

RL/IG Calendar 2004 http://www.geocities.com/staanstok/DRCalendar2004.htm
Re: Disease 08/02/2004 07:50 PM CDT
Hmmm...

You bring up good points, Syrath. What I was trying to point out, was that you know if you LOOK at someone it says they have a dormant infection...

That brings up something else. How could someone SEE a dormant infection? I know it doesn't show up when you type HEALTH.

Eh, anyway. What I was trying to go for wouldn't it make more sense that if you healed all wounds that you could see. That the gangrene infection (because that's what it was) would be dormant? The messaging is odd.

Wouldn't it make more sense if you could see the infection in your HEALTH and not by looking at yourself.

I think the bottom line is that disease needs to be looked at carefully and fine tuned.

Then again, I could be babbling.

-Gromnir
---
You say, "i feel like im caught in some chinese fingertrap of murder"
http://www.soldoursoultoplay.net
Curing Disease 11/07/2010 10:27 PM CST
I've recently got the Cure Disease spell. I'm 16th circle and can cast it upon myself yet I'm told I'm not experienced enough when I try to transfer disease from my patient. Any ideas on the requirements before I can transfer disease?

"It's part of the whole unnatural abominations upon Elanthia deal."

-Armifer
Re: Curing Disease 11/08/2010 04:53 AM CST
The guild leader will let you know when you've learned that particular secret, but I think it's 18th circle to take disease. Also, be aware that just because you're capable of taking disease, doesn't mean that you'll do it well. It takes FOREVER to take disease as a young empath. Make sure any patients you have are aware of that issue. Even at 100th+ it takes longer than I would like.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Curing Disease 11/08/2010 04:57 AM CST
80 Empathy

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear