Empath Characters and Subscriptions 02/26/2021 06:27 PM CST
I've been thinking about trying a premium subscription so that I can try the Empath guild out, but I'm not sure I'll be able to keep a subscription up. What happens to empath characters if the account goes from premium to FTP? Do they lose their guild-related abilities? Get freezered until the subscription resumes? Deleted?
Re: Empath Characters and Subscriptions 02/26/2021 06:36 PM CST
F2P can convert their accounts to subscriptions, but the reverse is not true. It's a one-way street.

If you cancel your subscription your Empath will not be deleted. It'll just go inactive, until if/when you decide to subscribe again.

- I
Re: Empath Characters and Subscriptions 02/27/2021 03:43 PM CST
You can't go from a paid account down to a F2P account. Once you sub, you can only access the account while you have a sub.

However, you do not need a premium account ($39.95) to play an empath, only a paid account ($14.95).
Re: Empath Characters and Subscriptions 02/28/2021 03:11 AM CST
>>LUXTIZER1: I've been thinking about trying a premium subscription so that I can try the Empath guild out, but I'm not sure I'll be able to keep a subscription up. What happens to empath characters if the account goes from premium to FTP? Do they lose their guild-related abilities? Get freezered until the subscription resumes? Deleted?

Just to add to what has already been said:

Only F2P has guild restrictions. See this chart for a comparison of benefits: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Accounts

While paid accounts (Premium and standard) cannot be downgraded to free accounts, you can deactivate (unsubscribe) during months when you do not plan to play. During this time, characters (and their items) are not deleted; they just won't be accessible until you reactivate.

If you downgrade or deactivate a Premium account that has a house, that house will eventually revert to the system. When you return, you can claim a new home or use HOME RECLAIM to retrieve its contents.

Similarly, if you buy a home with a SimuCoin deed, it eventually reverts to the system if you stop paying the monthly fee.

GM Cordulia