Empaths, Sorcery and Necro Spells 02/25/2016 02:07 PM CST
Totally hypothetically speaking here, but if an empath were to have a necro spell from a scroll and used it to train target and sorcery...would said empath be running the risk of losing empathic ability?

Through accidental experimentation, it was discovered that necro spells will cause someone to be not healable by an empath for a period of time. Just wondering if there is a negative aspect for an empath doing this...

#AskingForAFriend

-
Bloodwraith Raudhan limps out.
Re: Empaths, Sorcery and Necro Spells 02/25/2016 05:35 PM CST
>>Generally speaking, you will experience empathic shock by being the immediate, direct cause of physical injury.

I think it's more the question of what happens when an Empath doesn't necessarily have shock but DOES have divine outrage, which locks Necros out from being healed via Empathic means.

My understanding is that, unlike Necromancers, any Necromancer spell cast by a non-Necromancer causes Divine Outrage. And, similar to Necromancers, once you pass a certain Divine Outrage threshold, you're unable to get healed via Empathic means (and even possibly injuring the Empath who tries, or whatever it is they experience for those really down the DO rabbit hole).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Empaths, Sorcery and Necro Spells 02/25/2016 06:04 PM CST
Casting some Necromancer spells flat out give Empaths shock in most cases, regardless of if the spell 'causes harm' and in addition to whatever the spells nasty other side effects are to other guilds. Or so my friends tell me. (Just keeping with the theme...)

>My understanding is that, unlike Necromancers, any Necromancer spell cast by a non-Necromancer causes Divine Outrage.

Yea casting even just a buffing spell can give an Empath shock pretty much for that reason. There's a very small number of Necromancer spells that don't do this, and they may either be bugged or just in the minority. The "bread and butter" self healing Empath spells still work as normal when an Empath has that much DO and full shock (or so my friend tells me) but that's it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.