Shock from ice blue ghast 04/11/2015 02:34 AM CDT
hi folks,

I tried out hunting the ice blue ghasts tonight.

I put up an Absolution spell with about an hour duration. When I killed my first one after several hits, I got a shock stun.
I checked and the absolution spell was still active.

Anyway, I beat it out of there.

I have only been hunting constructs until just now. Is this normal behavior to get a shock message and a stun?

I didn't get stunned killing wir dinegos or death spirits.

Thanks
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 04/11/2015 02:41 AM CDT
>>Nausikaa: I have only been hunting constructs until just now. Is this normal behavior to get a shock message and a stun?

Not if the creature is undead, and Absolution is in effect. What does it say when you PERCEIVE the icy blue ghast?

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 04/11/2015 01:24 PM CDT
> perc ghast
A twisted and abused life essence animates the ghast, even though it should be inert. A subtle ripple of pain dances across your senses at this encounter with the undead.

so, looks like we need to take this off the list of huntable things for us...
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 04/11/2015 01:37 PM CDT
> > perc ghast
> A twisted and abused life essence animates the ghast, even though it should be inert. A subtle ripple of pain dances across your senses at this encounter with the undead.

> so, looks like we need to take this off the list of huntable things for us...

Seems rather that it is a glitch, I'd say. It is undead, according to this perc readout, and Absolution does make undead huntable, so it would appear something behind the scenes is borken.

I
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 04/12/2015 11:27 AM CDT
Yeah, you might want to submit a BUG report for that.

Nikpack
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 04/12/2015 12:06 PM CDT

will do, thx
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 01/12/2016 02:55 PM CST
Was this issue with icy blue ghasts shocking empaths rectified? I'm wondering if we can now hunt these guys without getting shock?

I need to find something I can ambush and train my stealth on. Currently at 315 stealth and 270 brawling/250ish TM. I was hunting hhr-urhushruhskis (2) in Aesry, but they don't move my stealth (they train my TM and weapons decent but not amazingly). I can't hide on wir dinegos and cam chagas have super perception apparently.

Anyone have thoughts on other options if ghasts have not been fixed?

Thanks.
Raud

(and apologies for my lack of info. I just got back to playing after ~3 years away...learning curve.)
-
Bloodwraith Raudhan limps out.
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 01/12/2016 04:23 PM CST
Are you able to pull off hunting black marble gargoyles?

I don't remember reading any posts about icy blue ghasts getting fixed to reflect their undead status for empaths last year unfortunately.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 01/12/2016 04:42 PM CST
I have much better defenses than offenses (high 300s/low 400s), my issue is more catching up my stealth and weapons to that level.

I'm assuming I could do black marble gargoyles, just wasn't sure if my TM spell (the Ranger spell Stampede) would work on them to learn TM.

(sidebar, I don't remember how to quote on the forums anymore. I have forgotten everything!! except my rivalry with wir dinegos.)
-
Bloodwraith Raudhan limps out.
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 01/30/2016 03:38 AM CST
The issue with Absolution and ghasts (and potentially other similar creatures) should now be fixed in Prime and Plat.

GM Grejuva
Re: Shock from ice blue ghast 04/03/2016 12:41 AM CDT

Thanks much!