Speaking of healing without asking... 01/12/2008 10:52 AM CST
I've encountered an odd phenomenon quite a few times recently, and I was wondering if it's just zombie Empaths running some kind of patient-healing script? My primary character is an Empath, and sometimes I'll walk into the Empath guild and sit there for quite some time, but as soon as my bleeder starts to bleed again, or I tend, or say anything involving the words "healing," or "bleeding," then suddenly some (usually young) Empath I don't even know will heal me out of the blue without asking, and won't respond when I say something to them. But given that I'm usually sitting around for a good 10-20min before it happens, I'm suspicious that they're using a script triggered by people bleeding or (supposedly) asking for healing rather than by people just walking in. Thanks for reading my rant. Has this happened to anyone else?
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/12/2008 11:09 AM CST
Nope. Not once in the 4-5 years I've been playing and most of that was sitting in the Crossing guildhall. Maybe they're also using an exclusion list so that they don't go around script-healing empaths by mistake and thus not getting any experience for it?

Supposedly there's a lack of (awake) empaths in some areas, though, so maybe these script-healers are the answer to that problem? Can't really blame them for the scripting (so long as it's not AFK), if most of the locals are in agreement about the supposed problem. It's really just an extension of the autopaths.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/12/2008 11:16 AM CST
>suddenly some (usually young) Empath I don't even know will heal me out of the blue without asking, and won't respond when I say something to them.

If that happens in Prime, REPORT them for being AFK. Healing without permission and after warning the person not to do it also grants consent for what that's worth.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 02:02 AM CST
There is a service that trains characters using proven scripting methods that has recently become popular among several empath characters. You may have noticed said characters move from 0-80+ circle in 6 months, and 10 circles between thanksgiving and new years.... Amazing. You may have also noticed some of these empaths offering free shifts on drsales, thus ruining our only creation system for empaths made possiblet nbecause they are backed by a similarly trained thief with thousands of plats. Reporting for AFK will not help, because this is a paid atk scripting venture. Somehow, beyond all reason, this has made playing an empath prime character even more moot. So, AILOVE, it is not just you that is noticing this, but they play 'policy' like a fiddle, so nothing will be done to stop it. Right on.

~Purehand

You feel that for the moment you've learned all you can about harming shopkeepers.
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 02:05 AM CST
Quite frankly this is just more reason in my mind to flesh out what empathy means and give Empaths more ways to make a living for themselves and make the characters worth playing.

Speaking as someone that moved from playing an Empath primarily over to the guild famous for its scriptomages, I can't say the idea of someone moving from 0-80th in 6 months is particularly offensive to me. It doesn't affect me very much.

Rev. Reene

The silence weaves a tapestry of once enchanted themes,
The shadows listen carefully and question what it means;
For stories have lives of their own,
But what good's a story whose end is unknown?
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 10:07 AM CST
Sorry this is a little off topic, but I've been curious about this for a while.

IDONS-BUDDY, are you a reverend in real life? I always see the Rev. Reene in your signature, and I can't quite think of anything else the "Rev." might stand for.

__
We are still discussing options and we are still trying to find the best plan we can that will not bring about the end of the world as we all know it. Well, that isn't necessarily accurate. The world as you know it will end.
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 10:48 AM CST
>>Reporting for AFK will not help, because this is a paid atk scripting venture.

Report them anyways. As was recently proven on the DR-LOCKOUT lists, handing off your character to someone else so that you can train them 24/7 and still have a responsive host to answer scriptchecks is grounds for termination.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 02:31 PM CST
>> IDONS-BUDDY, are you a reverend in real life?

Yes.

Rev. Reene

Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 03:27 PM CST
>>> IDONS-BUDDY, are you a reverend in real life?

>Yes.

Church of Scientology? The offered to ordain me once.
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 03:35 PM CST
>> Church of Scientology?

I find your post deeply offensive on many different levels. Good show.

Rev. Reene

Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 09:03 PM CST
Thanks for the responses and suggestions. I didn't know there even were services where you could have someone play your character for you. I'm not sure what's worse: the non-responsive scripting Empaths, or the Empaths who script-heal you with a bleeding-triggered script, then don't apologize and just shrug at you and say stuff like, "Whatever, I already healed it. You can have the next bleeder I get, I guess," after you complain that you're also an Empath and they just stole your bleeder without asking.
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 01/13/2008 09:59 PM CST
I highly recommend >demeanor reserved to everybody.

Rev. Reene

Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 02/15/2008 03:27 PM CST
hah sometimes they whine cose no one healin em and they die in the guild, sometimes they whine cose they get healed.

heh.
Re: Speaking of healing without asking... 02/15/2008 03:32 PM CST
like tha good Rev says use the proper Demeanor if you dont want touchin side step it.